Lewes Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Lewes

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Documenting Cemeteries

by grandmaR Written Oct 19, 2014

Favorite thing: I belong to a group of people who do photo-documentation of cemeteries. So whenever I go someplace, I try to add to the database. We got to Lewes about 3, so I thought we had time to go do a couple of cemeteries before the 1615 ferry. . The
    first one, we overshot, and never did find it. It appeared to be in the middle of a new housing development.

But we went back to Friendship Baptist Church and took about 80 or 90 photos.

Friendship Baptist Church

W. 4th Street Phone (302) 645-6855
    Worship 11:00 a.m.
    Sunday School 10:00 a.m.
    Wednesday Prayer Meeting 7:00 p.m.

Friendship Church grave marker in Lewes Cemetery at Friendship Baptist Grave which is decorated church van

• Lewes Life

by LizMary Written Aug 29, 2004

Favorite thing: I lived in Lewes for two years, from 2000-2002. I LOVE LEWES. The only reason I moved is because I built a home in Ocean View. I lived about a mile from Lewes Beach, and I live about 1 1/2 miles from Cape Henlopen State Park. Lewes is much more laid-back and peaceful than Rehoboth and Dewey. I do not like chaos and rif-raf (where I reside, at least!), this is why I chose to rent an apartment in Lewes vs. Reho or Dewey. Lewes is a very friendly, historic town.

Fondest memory: I miss my Cape Henlopen State Park , Lewes Beach, Dairy Queen and King's Ice Cream. I rode my bike around Lewes often. My son and I frequented these places A LOT. Oh..can't forget the launch ramp, as Dad took the boat out there quite a bit. I also miss being so close to many stores, bars, clubs and restaurants.

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo

When driving south the Ferry...

by SURFIN7TH Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: When driving south the Ferry makes the journey nicer. The one hour boat ride saves an hour of driving.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

The Porches of Lewes

by garridogal Written Jul 13, 2011

Favorite thing: You'll want to own a home in Lewes simply so that you can sit on of their porches and watch the world go by.

Mellow and Yellow Come over and sit a spell!
    • Photography
    • Architecture

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Adorable Victorian Homes

by garridogal Updated Jul 13, 2011

Favorite thing: As my intro says Lewes is a lot like Cape May because of the adorable and colorful Victorian homes. I snapped photos of as many as I saw. But I'll bet there are a whole bunch more...

Purple Power Standard Grey yet lovely New tries to imitate old Details darling...
    • Photography
    • Architecture

Instant Answers: Lewes

Comments

Lewes Favorites

Reviews and photos of Lewes favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lewes sightseeing.