Rehoboth Beach Nightlife

by acemj

Best Rated Nightlife in Rehoboth Beach

• Sir Guy's, Third Edition, Zogg's: Beggars can't be choosers

by AmandaFace Updated Dec 9, 2002

We stopped at Sir Guys after seeing that they were hosting a lingerie contest. We got there early, figuring a huge crowd, and staked out our spot. Chatted with the people at the next table, and they bought us a round. When the show started, it was decent. Nothing to write much more about. Drinks were good, and they've got lots of specials. (Bucket of rolling rocks for $5, Corona's for $2) Our waitress seemed like she'd been sipping the drinks, though, after she spilled my beer all over the table.

When the Lingerie show let out, we headed over to Third Edition. Third Edition is a bar behind Sir Guys. We heard they have DJ's Friday & Saturday nights, but when we arrived, all was quiet. I think the DJ no showed that night, or something. The bartender made us a good drink, and we moved on to the next bar.

We spotted a bar near Hooters, and what intrigued us were all the blue lights coming from inside. We decided it was worth a look, and when we got inside, we discovered that it was a gay/bisexual bar. The people inside were nice, and we were too tipsy to really care, so we saddled up and let the bartender make us all kinds of new drinks. Decor and ambiance is very cool at this place. Drinks were $8 each, which kinda sucked us dry, but they were tasty and plenty. I'm sorry I don't know the name of the bar.

We knew that there was a good dancing spot in Rehoboth somewhere, and we were determined to stake it out. We found out about Zogg's on Wilmington Ave. No cover, good prices on drinks, last call @ 1:30, not much of a selection. Mostly beer and shots of Tequila for the brave ones and Grand Marnier for the ladies. DJ played decent music, but it was pretty crowded. This is where I met up with the Hooters girl. Kind of a meat market. If you wanna hook-up, this is where to go. I'll be sure to visit again!

Dress Code: Whatever, I wore jean shorts, tank top.

• Third Edition: Nightly specials in Rehoboth

by LizMary Updated Apr 4, 2011

Third Editon was THE place to go back in my "single days "(wink, wink)-2000-2002. If you were cool, you went to Third on Friday and Saturday nights. GREAT place to dance!!! Kind of a pick-up joint, but most guys there were good looking ...and (oddly), many older (50-60ish!) "money men" liked to go there to pick up younger women. They were "sugar Daddies". Sir Guys is cool....Obie's by the Sea for Monday nights. SummerHouse is the place to be on Tuesday nights-Long Island Ice Tea night!! Very college-kid oriented, though..and loud. Grotto's boardwalk bar is relaxing, to just sit and chat. When I had a hot date, Sidney's Restaurant was so nice. Listen/dance to jazz all night..more for 30 and above crowd, but lots of fun.

Dress Code: Sidney's...dress up there. Third...dress in your hottest Sat. night outfit. Guys...no tanks or hats at Third. The rest...casual, but not sloppy.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Dogfish Head: I'd just stay at Dogfish!!

by acemj Updated Jul 31, 2005

Okay, okay, I know. You might not want to come all the way to the beach just to sit in a pub, but hey, I like this place. I wasn't even aware that they also make all kinds of spirits. They have rum, vodka, gin and even a tequila to sample and most are made with some unique ingredients as only Dogfish Head can! Next time I stay overnight here, I'll be saddling up to the bar.

• Straight bars few & far between

by blusuburbansky Written Jul 22, 2009

I went to Rehoboth for my 23rd birthday weekend. My friends & I knew there were some gay hot spots but we had no idea to what extent! Friday night we got a good buzz going & hung around nonetheless, and it ended up being a great time. Then again we were a group of stylish young females in a sea of young, stylish gay men so they ate us right up. Sidenote for the ladies: most of the bartenders at Aqua are straight (and shirtless). The Summer House is a well-known straight bar with no cover, but we got there just before last call and it seemed bland. I know there are a few more straight places but we didn't get to them. However, we were told the Rehoboth Ale House, Arena's Deli & Zogg's were the places to be.

The next day we were enjoying a few drinks at Obie's by the Sea ("one of the few remaining straight bars") & one of the locals gave us the tip that saved the trip: take the Jolly Trollie down to Dewey Beach on Saturday nights ($2 before midnight, $3 after, so $5 roundtrip). Start your night around 7 at the Bottle n Cork, where they host a "jam session" on Saturdays - this consists of 3 cover bands that rotate all night long. The place is pretty huge with a full sized stage and a few bars. The dance floor is sopping wet with spilled beers & covered in smashed cans - so do not wear long jeans! Around 10 the crowd heads 4 blocks down to The Rusty Rudder (which has a $5 cover & a cover band) and Lighthouse Cove, which is just a few steps across the beach from Rudder (no cover, no band but they do have a DJ). The great part about this area is that you can flow freely from one bar to the other all night long, and both places have decks overlooking the water. Between the two bars there had to be atleast 500 people.

The trollie runs til 2:30am,with pickups being every 15 minutes. And you HAVE to hit up Nicola Pizza (back in Rehoboth) for some 2am pizza & Thrasher fries.

Dress Code: Casual.

• Singles
    • School Holidays

• Summer House Saloon Rehoboth Beach: STAY AWAY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE GAY!

by MrDanT Written Jun 6, 2012

STAY AWAY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE GAY!

My partner and I were discriminated against at the Summerhouse, because we were gay. I was so furious about it I sued them through the state's Human Relations Commission and WON, Unanimously!

I'll never go to any of the Big Fish Restaurant Group restaurants, which includes the Summerhouse, Big Fish and now Salt Air.

Instant Answers: Rehoboth Beach

Comments

Rehoboth Beach Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Rehoboth Beach nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rehoboth Beach sightseeing.

View all Rehoboth Beach hotels