Rehoboth Beach Things to Do

'Walkin the walk...
    by garridogal
    Gotta get some ice-cream!
    by garridogal
    If you like the stuff...

Most Recent Things to Do in Rehoboth Beach

Fourth of July Fireworks on the Beach

by garridogal Written Jul 27, 2011

Ooooohhhhh...............

It's the Fourth of July. You MUST see fireworks. It's the law! Well, maybe it ought to be...

We headed down to the beach just in time to see the fireworks. It was quite a site to walk up the beach ramp and see so many people on the sand in the dark. And it was a good show. Oh sure it wasn't like the ones shot over the Charles River in Boston but the fact that we could get that close to them without having to deal with thousands and thousands of people, city streets, and subways to see them.... well, that's just sweet!

The Boardwalk

'Walkin the walk...

It had been years since I'd been on a proper beach boardwalk. And you know how proper beach boadwalks can be.

After dinner on our first night in RB, we got ice-cream, strolled on the boadwalk, and made friends. Well, some of us did...

Silver Lake

One of the many gazebos

My friends' house is right off Silver Lake. So I walked by it several times every day which is really a pleasure to do. It's a beautiful and protected wildlife sanctuary. The lucky owners of its surrounding houses tend to build gazebos along it. This, in my opinion, is the perfect way to enjoy the body of water.

Oh, and you can cross a lovely wooden bridge, at one spot, and see turtles! I loves me some turtles.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Birdwatching

Beach Baby!

Ozzy hits the beach

Well... it is Rehoboth BEACH. So go, go, go and get some sun, sun, sun!

When you live in New England, yet did not grow up here, you have a strange relationships with its beaches. Sure they're pretty to look at, but not being able to go into what feels like ice-cold water kinda of kills the beauty! The water there reminded me of the Long Island beaches I grew up going to. It's a bit *refreshing* at first, but you can submerge yourself into it. And this is a nice thing.

AND... dogs are allowed on a part of the beach! Doncha just love that?

• Travel with Pets

• Rehoboth Beach Main Street

by asmith28 Written Oct 21, 2008

Introducing Rehoboth Beach Main Street, Inc.... In more than 1700 downtowns across the nation, public/private partnerships are protecting the future of small towns and their commercial districts with a four point approach. Rehoboth Beach Main Street, Inc (RBMS) is a membership organization of merchants, business owners, residents and visitors who love downtown Rehoboth and want to keep it a real hometown and a thriving resort community. RBMS is an architectural incentive program, a tourism organization, a fundraising event producer and a marketing and communication organization for downtown Rehoboth Beach.

RBMS was formed in cooperation with the National Trust for Historic Preservation and The Main Street Center, along with Delaware Main Street which coordinates the state programs. Operating since 1996, RBMS is a Certified Main Street Program. Only about one third of the almost 2000 Main Street organizations around the country receive that accreditation.

RBMS works to encourage attractive storefronts and unique businesses, distinctive signage and lighting. RBMS also produces fundraising events to bring visitors downtown, including Mardi Gras in February, the Rehoboth Chocolate Festival in March, a Restaurant Week in May, Fireworks in July (which draws 80-100,000 people), and the month-long Seaside Holidays event in December. RBMS also runs programs, like Downtown Gift Certificates, Discount Coupon Books and print, cable and billboard advertising to encourage downtown shopping, dining and hotel occupancy. Visit our webpage www.downtownrehoboth.com

RBMS is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, governed by a Board of Directors with day-to-day operations overseen by an Executive Director, staff, and volunteer committees and workers. RBMS is taking action to keep downtown Rehoboth Beach thriving! Learn how you can help downtown Rehoboth Beach stay strong!

• Singles
    • Gay and Lesbian

THOSE CRAZY GAMES

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 26, 2007

TWISTER--Fun game at the beach

One evening at Rehoboth, we took advantage of the games provided to us by the owners of the beach house. TWISTER--a game for the young and agile--was one of these.

Instead of moving gamepieces along the colored spaces you use your arms and legs, resulting in a great deal of gyrating, twisting and LAUGHS! This is a game that is as much fun watching as playing.

TIP: Take a game or two with you in case of rainy weather. We were fortunate some games were thoughtfully provided.

MAKING CRAFTS AT THE BEACH

Making crafts together

Our youngest grandchild loves to do crafts, so I always make sure we make something together. She has painted a wood cut-out of a frog, to which I am attaching a magnet--instant refrigerator art!! The art supplies were bought from a local craft store before our vacation.

While the "guys" like action-packed things to do, my grand-daughter and I tend to more creative pasttimes. It's spending time together that is the best part of any project!

Tip: If you enjoy crafts and are traveling with children, pack some to take on your vacation. Not every day is a sunny one and the kids will love the extra attention you'll be giving them.

A BIRTHDAY GATHERING

Birthday At The Beach

Since the grandkids birthdays are in July and August, I suggested we celebrate them while at Rehoboth Beach. Our son and daughter-in-law found a bakery nearby, ordered the cake and we set the date for the occasion.

I brought a colorful pinata in the shape of a zeppelin to the beach house, which we packed with several bags of candy. We allowed the excitement of the day to build until finally unveiling the pinata--screams of delight echoed through the house. Candy flew everywhere as the pinata was pierced, its sugary contents eagerly scooped up and deposited into each child's bag.

SOAK IN THE SUN!

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 26, 2007

Our daughter with her niece and nephew

Beaches are a great place to soak in the sun, dig for shells, jump in the surf and just bond with family and friends! This is the wide and welcoming beach by our rental house--we loved it! The waves were gentle, the water comfortably warm and the day perfect for sun-worshipping.

GRANDKID MELEE ON BUMPER BOATS

I'm gonna get you!

Rehoboth Beach had loads of amusements, this is just one of them. A hot, sunny afternoon in a bumper boat--could anything be more fun? Our two grandsons had a great time careening into each other's boats, water splashing everywhere. It was so much fun for them!

Our week in Rehoboth Beach became a sweet memory. Several generations spending time together, in a wonderful family-friendly destination and sharing common memories. I'll never forget our time there.

MINI GOLF AT REHOBOTH BEACH

ok, who's next?

What would a beach town be without mini golf? Mini golf is a summer time favorite with our family! The sandy beaches, soothing waves and warming sun are all wonderful, but we often seek out other activities, too. We had promised to take the grandkids one pleasant afternoon--it wasn't too hot, nor too windy...just perfect for time together.

• LutherKutztown's Profile Photo

Hang Out in Rehoboth

by LutherKutztown Written Sep 22, 2006

Rehoboth boardwalk

Anybody can hang out in Rehoboth. You can find something neat there whether you are single or married-with-children or anyplace on the spectrum.
    I think this is one of the greatest places to visit in America.
    Big Oaks Campground is close to town, with a bus stop in the campground. This is an affordable way to enjoy staying at Rehoboth if on a low budget.

• Camping

• makiro's Profile Photo

Skeeball

by makiro Written Aug 8, 2006

Skeeball is a fun thing to play in almost any of the arcades on the boardwalk. I'd actually rather do that then sit on a hot beach in the sun. Support the skeeball, so they keep them and don't swap everything out to computer games. I can't find any pinball machines anymore :(

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

All Saints Episcopal Church

by Ewingjr98 Written May 2, 2006

All Saints Episcopal Church is one of Rehoboth's historic landmarks. It was established in 1892, just a few short years after the town of Rehoboth itself was founded. The interior of the church is beautiful in its engineering and plain design. The walls are a plain white and the steep vaulted ceiling a hard wood. There are huge exposed beams that give the building a very rustic look.

• Religious Travel

• acemj's Profile Photo

Life's a beach

by acemj Updated Jul 31, 2005

Well, most people come here for the beach, so here it is . . . my beach tip. Personally, I prefer the mountains to the beach (I'm tan enough). I spent about 45 minutes sitting on the beach, before I got hot and bored. In my opinion, Rehoboth sucks in the summer months. You'd have to come to the beach at 3 am to get a space to yourself (well, it's actually closed at that time of night!). It's way too crowded for my taste. The sand is nice and it's relatively safe, with lifeguards monitoring the action. The boardwalk makes all the conveniences close (food, water, etc.).

Instant Answers: Rehoboth Beach

Comments

Rehoboth Beach Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Rehoboth Beach things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rehoboth Beach sightseeing.

View all Rehoboth Beach hotels