Amelia Island Restaurants

by zrim

Most Recent Restaurants in Amelia Island

• J.D.'s Chop House: Skip J.D.'s Chop House

by superjimy Updated May 3, 2008

The place is unbelievably loud. There is a large bar right adjacent to the dining area and the locals surround the bar and the noise is unbelievable. We waited 70 minutes and all we were served were our drinks..small and $7.00 each and bowls of luke warm soup. We finally got up and paid for the soup and drinks and left. Avoid this JOINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: There is nothing good here.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

The Loop Pizza Grill: Pizza Place

by grandmaR Updated Feb 14, 2007

Walking in to the Loop Grill

This is a chain of franchises with headquarters in Jacksonville which is mostly in Florida, but also has some locations in Georgia, and NC.

My sister and BIL had a car, and they were able to drive us to things that were farther from town than we could walk. But my BIL had just been very sick with a high fever and didn't feel like eating very much, or anything very spicy. He also doesn't eat much meat or fat. So we ended up here.

The picture shows the side of the restaurant with my sister BIL and husband walking in - part of the neon sign is out (the OP of Loop isn't lit).

Favorite Dish: They have pizzas, burgers, salads, wraps, soups and desserts. My sister got a salad (2nd photo) and my BIL, Bob, and I got the bean soup and a chicken caeser wrap. The bean soup was good but it accellerated and emphasized our digestive output.

• zrim's Profile Photo

Amelia Island Plantation Restaurants: Go off premises

by zrim Written Apr 18, 2004

umbrellas--very classy

Don't waste your time and money at the Plantation restaurants. More interesting dining can be had in Fernandina Beach. I strongly recommend the Beech Street Grill for upscale dining. While Sonny's Barbacue is a thrifty place for the family.

I stopped in for breakfast at the Marche Burette and I guess I paid for the fancy name. A bagel and a very small juice set me back $6. What do they think this is, Stockholm?

Oh, and I guess my complex order overwhelmed the waitress, because it took her twenty minutes to deliver my plain non-toasted bagel and small juice.

• Spa and Resort

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Marche Burette: At the Spa & Shops at Amelia Island Plantation

by grandmaR Written Feb 25, 2004

My BIL after a meal

This is actually a gourmet food market which also has indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are other restaurants here including one called PLAE (the A has a long A mark over it) but I don't think they have outside seating. My sister and BIL stayed here.

• Spa and Resort

• Pamela_Peace's Profile Photo

Le Clos - a Provencale...

by Pamela_Peace Written Sep 2, 2002

Le Clos - a Provencale restaurant with candlelit tables. Chef Katherine Ewing trained at Le Cordon Bleu,holds degrees from L'Ecole de Gastonomie Française Ritz-Escoffier Paris, and has trained at the Ritz Hotel in Paris, France. Well, that's impressive!!! Extensive wine list. www.leclos.com

• Pamela_Peace's Profile Photo

Down Under - If you want to...

by Pamela_Peace Written Sep 2, 2002

Down Under - If you want to eat really well, ask the locals were to go. I did this and Down Under was what was recommended to me, and it was delightful. This is some of THE best seafood I've ever eaten. The crab can only be compared to Joe's Stonecrab in Miami, and they are totally different. This is a family-founded restaurant right on the inland waters that is low on style but high on quality! This will be my first stop when I return to the area.

• Pamela_Peace's Profile Photo

Gourmet Gourmet - Specialized...

by Pamela_Peace Written Sep 2, 2002

Gourmet Gourmet - Specialized catering as well as gourmet food for carry-out or dining in. Outdoor terrace seating is available. Breakfast consists of continental items, lunch and dinner are gourmet pizzas, soups, salades, and wraps. Vegetarian menues available. Something for everyone.

• Pamela_Peace's Profile Photo

Beech Street Grill - a...

by Pamela_Peace Written Sep 2, 2002

Beech Street Grill - a charming restaurant set in a pictoresque Victorian home. Progressive menu and award-winning wine list. Excellent service. Call for reservations.

Instant Answers: Amelia Island

Comments

Amelia Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Amelia Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Amelia Island sightseeing.

View all Amelia Island hotels