Amelia Island Transportation

Airport antenna

Most Recent Transportation in Amelia Island

• Relax and Ride Transportation in Amelia Island

by tucker17 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Relax and Ride drivers are available anytime to give courteous service to anyone who needs a ride or advice on restaurants and activities on the island. My friends and I had a great time on our trip to Fernandina/Amelia Island, and will call them for transportation on our next visit.

• Spa and Resort
    • Business Travel

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Fly In/Out, Sail In/Out or Rent a Car

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Taken as we were leaving the airport

The first five times we came to Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, we came by boat. The sixth time we drove in our own car.

I was never aware that Amelia Island had an airport until I was renting a car to drive back to Maryland from Fort Lauderdale, and just by chance I found that there were car rental places on the island and they were at the airport. Wow!! Who knew that there WAS an airport.

In some cases, it seems cheaper to rent a car at an small location, especially as many larger airports charge a fee to the car rental companies which they pass on to the customer. That doesn't seem to be the case with the Amelia Island airport. I got a MUCH better deal renting inside of Florida and then turning the car in and taking another car to Maryland than I would have gotten had I taken the same car for two weeks. So that's how we happened to be at the airport.

According to the website:

FERNANDINA BEACH MUNICIPAL AIRPORT

A 602 acre General Aviation Facility serving historic Fernandina Beach, Florida and Amelia Island
    Design aircraft for facility is G-IV Gulfstream with weight limititations of Single Wheel 40000, Double Wheel 70000 and Double Tandem of 120000.
    An FAA designated General Aviation Reliever Airport for JAX. (Jacksonville International Airport)
    Airport Services
    McGill Aviation Corporation, City Authorized FBO

Located on North side of field. Large well lighted and secure ramp.
    0800-2000 operation, (After hours by appointment)
    Monitors Unicom on 122.7
    32034

• Adventure Travel
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Amelia Island

Comments

Amelia Island Transportation

Reviews and photos of Amelia Island transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Amelia Island sightseeing.

View all Amelia Island hotels