Bonita Springs Favorites

• Regal Theater Where We Went to the Movies
    Regal Theater Where We Went to the...
    by deecat
    Bonita Springs Public Library
    by deecat

Most Recent Favorites in Bonita Springs

Senior Rates at the Movies

Regal Theater Where We Went to the Movies

Favorite thing: Allan and I love to go to the movies, and at home we go on Wednesdays and Fridays because it's the special senior rates. While in Bonita Springs, we also continued going to the movies.

The Regal Cinema is where we attended. There are twelve different theaters there so we were always assured of new movies being available.

It was funny to see the lines outside the theater. The booth to pay is on the outside (because the weather is always so good). One negative to the theater was the long lines to pay for your ticket. The usual fee for an adult ticket was $8.00 in the evenings and $5.50 in the afternoons. Seniors (55 years and older) pay $5.50 at all times.

The seats in the theater are comfortable with high backs and a "rocking" feature. All in all, it was a quite pleasant environment for doing one of our favorite activities....going to the movies!

Fondest memory: While in Bonita Springsfor the month, we went to the Regal Cinema and saw the following movies:

1. Cold Mountain

2. 21 Grams

3. The Cooler

4. Big Fish

All these movies were good, and several were nominated for Golden Globes and/or Academy Awards.

It's a pleasant memory from our vacation and made it more as though we were living there and participating in the same activities we do at home.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Searching For Seashells by the Seashore!

Allan & Dee preparing to find seashells

Favorite thing: Unlike other Florida beaches, the Lee County beaches are left natural.

By leaving the beaches natural, seaweed remains on the shore in what is called a "wrack line" created by the tide. This line ensures that the birds and other wildlife aren't robbed of a valuable food source.

The Lee Island Coast is "home to over 400 species of shells." Thanks to ideal Gulf currents, more shells wash up here than any other place in North America!

Allan and I, like countless other visitors and residents consider "searching for seashells by the seashore" a favorite pastime.

hey do have a "live shelling" law that encourages you to leave all live shells and take only the uninhabited treasures found along the beach. "Live" means any shell with a creature still inside.

These are some shells you may find on the Lee Island Coast:
    Common Nutmeg
    Shark Eye
    True Tulip
    Calico Scallop

Fondest memory: Both Allan and I found shells, and the ones that I found, I gave to my little neighbor girls (ages 3 and 5). They adored them, and play with them, pretending they are on the beach collecting shells!

That keeps me connected to my wonderful memories of "searching for seashells by the seashore"!

• Beaches

• deecat's Profile Photo

If you Need A Computer to Keep Up On VT...

Bonita Springs Public Library

Favorite thing: Because I am addicted to VT (as most of you are), I had to have access daily to a computer. My husband also needed access to work on his stock market adventures. So, we found:
    The Bonita Springs Public Library
    26876 Pine Avenue
    Bonita Springs, FL 34135

Each day you may use a computer for one hour. We used it every day except Sundays (because it is closed on Sundays).

You go to the desk, show your Driver's License or some other government form of identification, and when a computer is available, you are called.
    You have access, via the network, to an excellent printer also.

We also made use of the copy machine, the newspapers, and "Friends of the Library" sell paperbacks for 75 cents and hardback books for two to three dollars. They are in excellent shape. I purchased about twenty books, and read them all!

We also used the Bonita Mail Box Business which charges $14.00 per hour to use the computers. (They have two computers plus printer). If we had a good deal of work to do (more than an hour's worth), we would supplement our hour at the library with some time at the Bonita Mail Box. I only used it two times.

Fondest memory: I loved going to the library every day. We got to know the librarians (they recognized us on sight!) And we mingled with the locals, which was great fun. Also, when you use local facilities, you start to feel a part of the community, and that's a good thing!

• deecat's Profile Photo

Voted Bonita's Best Ice Cream for Last Four Years!

Dee at Royal Scoop

Favorite thing: A tradition in Bonita Springs is to go to Royal Scoop and order the delicious homemade ice cream which are made daily.

his establishment has been in Bonita since 1979. It is the oldest homemade ice cream store in Bonita Springs. It opened its first location in 1979 on Bonita Beach Road; two years later, it moved to the south side of 8th Street; in 1990, the company moved to its current location on the north side of 8th Street. In 1994, David and Sarah Zimmermann purchased the business

The store also includes a deli which serves soup, fresh salads and sandwiches, subs, and beverages.
    They deliver for free!

Fondest memory: One of my favorite times in Bonita includes savoring the taste of the delicious homemade icecream (my personal favorite is Royal Turtle).

The store is open:
    Sunday-Thursday 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
    Friday-Saturday 11:00 AM to 10:30 PM
    Deli is open:
    Monday-Saturday 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
    Phone: 992-2000
    Fax: 992-7337

Instant Answers: Bonita Springs

Comments

Bonita Springs Favorites

Reviews and photos of Bonita Springs favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bonita Springs sightseeing.

View all Bonita Springs hotels