Bonita Springs Restaurants

The bar in the centre off the mall

Most Recent Restaurants in Bonita Springs

• Vacarillas Steakhouse: Awsome combination of Steaks, Seafoods and Pastas

by tviachi Updated Apr 4, 2011

I was told by the concierge about this new restaurant from New York that recently opened in town and decided to go and check it out. Like any newby to the area I took the wrong turn and end up on Old 41 rd and Bernwood something. Lucky me! when I spotted this tiny place behind a bunch of trees. No big lited signs except for couple of open neon signs on the windows. What attracted me to the place was the vehicles parked there: Mercedes, Bentlys, BMW's, Navigators that make it look like a exotic car dealer. Of course! they all were customers at this magnificent place. When I arrived I was waited with the door open by a young fella that later I found was one of the owner sons and then on every step to the table I was greeted by all the employees and the owner itself. Entering to this place was truly amazing. Small (about 50 chairs) but elegant. Exquisite decored with natural plants, mirrors, ropes, pics from Europe and a mural. The background instrumental music had the perfect volume level, the lights were dimed and candles were lited. Tables had nice table cloths and cloth napkins, the custom menu looked like rough leather. So far so good. I was approached by the owner first, Danny Andrade, he introduced himself and asked me if it was my first time in the restaurant, he continued explaining the menu, the freshness of the products made to order, the excellent service, his wife and father are part of the crew and he recommended evrerything he made a point thet if I di not like it I didnt had to pay for.

Favorite Dish: I started with spanish tapas, an herb-based oil shrimps and sausage that was good to dipped with the bread. My wife ordered the fried calimaris, fried to perfection. My entree was their famous churrasco, tender and huge piece of skirt on the grilled. My wife ordered the lobster vacarillas served with mix seafood and creamy sauce. Both were delicious. The dessert was homemade flan. We order a bottle of Argentinean wine that was outstanding. Our visit to this place was amazing. We want to recommend it. Try always something new. Me and my wife will be back to this town and of course to vacarillas. Thank you all.

Couple dancing it was full
    • Business Travel

• deecat's Profile Photo

Big Al's Sports Grill: For Sport's Lovers, Don't Miss...

by deecat Updated Jan 9, 2010

We ate lunch one day at Big Al's Sports Grill in Bonita Springs The decor includes at least 15 televisions with various sport's programs, a multitude of sport's photographs, wooden tables, and a huge bar.

The menu is extensive and includes:

Chicken Wings, Chips and Salsa, Quesadilla, Onion Loaf, Friend Calamari, Chili, Salads, Ribs, BBQ, steaks, pork chops, Chicago Style Pizza, hot dogs, brats, sausages, fajitas, shrimp, pasta and special desserts (Tempura Twinkie, Messy Sundai, and Florida Key Lime Pie).

The service is friendly and done with adequate speed.

Favorite Dish: I had a grilled cheese sandwich that was soggy and had uncrisp bacon on it. So, I was not too pleased. Allan had a delicious sauteed mushroom swiss burger.

The prices were average. I think if I had ordered something different, I might have been more pleased. (I hope so!)

Big Al's Sjports Grill, Bonita Springs
    • Beer Tasting

Manzanita Inn: Sea Front Restaurant

by intertraveler Updated May 23, 2006

The location overlooking the harbour, lagoon made it good.
    We were in a party of nine and we had our food on the patio overlooking the lagoon.
    there was a music bar up the stairs quite lively with a singer.
    The food was not special over priced and the service was poor at times this may be because they were busy so if we had gone back another night we may have seen this restaurant in a different light but the view was fantastic.

Silver Spoon Cafe: Excellent

by intertraveler Updated May 23, 2006

The Silver spoon was very close to our hotel which made it very handy but after saying this the quality of the food was very good with a variety off choice.
    There is a bar the main restaurant and seating outdoors.
    You can just have a drink or a meal with happy hour 3-7 daily.
    The service is very good and staff very friendly

Favorite Dish: Pot roast. this was beef cooked slowly with a rich sauces served with mashed potatoes and veg very enjoyable.
    Also the Santa Fe burger very good also

Molino`s: Classy

by intertraveler Updated May 23, 2006

This is another good restaurant in the Promenade Shopping Mall, A bit more expensive but the food was very good and the service excellent.
    The staff were also very friendly this is a stylish restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Chicken cook in wine with a masala sauce very delicious.

Molinos

Bennigan's: A touch off Ireland

by intertraveler Written May 23, 2006

This is more off a bar come restaurant. The service and the food was good. there is a seating area outside and also there is a bar in the centre off the mall. which gets slightly busy in the evening.

Favorite Dish: The deserts are very good and quite big also

The bar in the centre off the mall

Rib City Grill: Lean, tender Ribs That Fall Off the Bone

by deecat Updated Jun 6, 2005

We ate at Rib City Grill twice while in Bonita Springs. I usually do not eat ribs, but we had been told that these ribs were special. I not only ordered a half rack of ribs, I ate them all! They were certainly delicious. What I enjoyed most about them is that they were all lean (absolutely no fat), and they were so tender that they fell off the bone.

The service was quite efficient and friendly. The restaurant was always busy and somewhat noisey; however, the atmosphere was pleasant.
    In addition to ribs, the menu offers onion rings, shrimp, buffalo chicken tenders, hamburgers, hot dogs, grouper sandwiches, Bar-B-Q Pork or Beef sandwiches, salads, corn cobettes, baked or fried potatoes, garlic bread and desserts such as cheesecake, pies, pudding, and mousse.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed the ribs, cold slaw, fresh sliced tomatoes, baked beans and draft beer and soft drinks.

The baked beans were slow-cooked and tender. The cold slaw was cold and crisp, and the tomatoes were firm and juicy.

All in all, the food we ordered was quite delicious, and wea cleaned our plates (which is rare for me).

Rib City in Bonita Springs

• deecat's Profile Photo

Old World Care, Bonita Spring, FL: For true Austrian Fare in a Delightful Setting

by deecat Updated Jun 4, 2005

While reading the Sunday Bonita Springs paper, Allan read a review of a restaurant called Old World Cafe.

It was an extremely positive review, so we decided to try it. Let it be known that it is a family-run place, with the wife as the chef and the husband running the room and the patio. The cafe boasts the best Austrian food around.

It's a small but lovely place with more seating outside than inside. The service is excellent as is the food.

Favorite Dish: Allan at German pancakes one time. Another time he had the Austrian Special, which was a combination of typical dishes such as sour Kraut , brats, etc.

At that time, he also partook of a most delicious dessert (which is their speciality), Apple Strudel. I took a taste or two of it, and it was fantastic.

We were quite pleased that we saw the review in the paper and were able to eat at the fabulous Old World Cafe.

Allan on patio of Old World Cafe

• deecat's Profile Photo

New York Deli: For Lunch or Take Out for Under $10.00 try...

by deecat Updated Jun 4, 2005

One day while shopping Springs Plaxza shopping mall, I decided to try a lunch place that I had heard the locals discussing, The New York Deli.

It's an unassuming place with inside decor that boasts a mural of the skyline of NYCity. There are places on the patio and beyond for eating outdoors.
    The menu is typical of a Deli with sandwiches, salads, soft drinks, chips, and a few desserts.

Favorite Dish: New York Deli does have a delicious Grilled Cheese Sandwich that is not sogging or greasy. Also, it is oozing with cheese, just the way I love it. So, for a quick luck, it scored well for me.
    By the way, the waitress was quite friendly and helpful, unlike some of the waitresses I encountered in NYCity!

Bonita's New York Deli

• deecat's Profile Photo

Mel's Diner: Want That 1950's Feeling, Then Go To...

by deecat Updated Jun 4, 2005

If you have a "hankering" to go back in time when life was simple and food was inexpensive, then Mel's Diner is for you.

There are ten Mel's Diners at this time; one is in Bonita Springs, and we tried it. They boast that it "brings back good times and great food!"
    The food is good, but not sensational. The hand-dipped ice cream milk shakes are sensational!

The wait staff is efficent and friendly and the portions are medium to large. There is a vast menu, and it takes quite awhile to peruse it.
    Many families and lots of seniors eat at Mel's.

Favorite Dish: The sandwiches are good; the milk shakes are excellent, and the "Traditional Deluxe Plates" such as Roasted Turkey or Virginia Ham Steak are quite popular and economical.

Allan enjoyed their Farm-Raised Catfish.
    Their house salad is good and crisp and fresh.
    You really can't go wrong for the money here at Mel's.
    It's "A Blast From The Past"!

Menu for Mel's Diner

• deecat's Profile Photo

Prudente's Italian Deli & Eatery: Voted Best Deli & Best Lunch Since 1993 in Bonita

by deecat Updated Jun 4, 2005

A great place to eat lunch is at the fun-filled Prudente's Italian Deli & Eatery in Bonita Springs.They also serve dinners.
    The owners are quite friendly and quite humorous also. They offer a wide menu choice for carry outs and for eating in. It's a very comfortable place to eat in, and that is what we did.

Boxed Lunches are available (12 order minimum). From the Deli portion of the restaurant, you can purchase Imported Olives, Homemade Salads with no additives or preservatives, Imported Cheeses, Fine Meats sliced the way you like it, Fresh Baked Italian Bread, and Biscotti.

Favorite Dish: The Eatery offers Italian Specialty Subs, Specialty Pizzas and Calzones, Homemade Salads, Fried Baskets of such things as Calamari, Mozzarella Sticks, Zucchini, Stuffed Olives, Fries, and Onion Rings. They have Homemade sides such as Potato, Macaroni salads, Cole Slaw, Tuna, Chicken, Pasta, Tortellini, Anti-pasto, Sundried Tomatoes, Stuffed Peppers, Shrimp, other Seafood.

Beverages include:
    Domestic Bottle Beer, Imported Beer, Domestic Drafts, Wine by the glass, soda drinks, coffee, Espresso, Latte, and Cappuccino.

Desserts Offered:
    N.Y. Cheesecake
    Homemade Italian Biscotti Cookies
    Tiramisu
    Cannoli
    Spumoni Ice Cream
    Everything here is fresh, well prepared, and delicious.

Owner behind the counter at Prudente's

• deecat's Profile Photo

Francesco's in Fort Myers Beach: For a great Italian Deli and Pizzeria try...

by deecat Updated Jun 4, 2005

There's a great but small Italian Deli and Pizzeria in Fort Myers Beach called Francesco's. Their motto is: "Cooking With a Conscience".

They do catering and require one week advance notice to ensure a properly prepared order.
    Meat & Cheese Trays are their specialty.
    Besides freshly made food, you can purchase imported bottled, canned, packaged goods. They have quite a wide variety of choices for such a small place.

Favorite Dish: They serve homemade soups and freshly prepared salads each day. You can order subs or sandwiches, freshly made pastas, Calzones, Bruschetta, Stuffed Tomatoes.

In addition, they make both Sicilian and thin crust pizzas. Also, they specialize in Italian Breads, Bagels, and assorted Italian cookies.
    It's a friendly, clean, unique deli with personality plus.

Allan and Dee at Francesco's

Carrabba's Italian Grill: Fantastic Italian Fare and Brick Oven Pizza

by deecat Updated Jun 4, 2005

Our most favorite restaurant while visiting Bonita Springs was Carrabba's Italian Grill
    It is a family-owned restaurant with two other locations: Fort Myers and Naples

As you can see in the picture, the roof of the establishment has trees and shrubs growing on it--a unique feature indeed!

This is perhaps the busiest restaurant in the area. Two for the price of one on drinks from three until seven each evening. There is a huge bar area, a large dining room with a brick oven exposed. (That is why the pizzas are so fantastic!)

It's typical tuscan decor with large black and white photography (old pictures) of the family ancestors and of Italy.

The menu is extensive and includes Antipasti, Insalate (salads) and Zuppe (soup), House Specialties, Pasta Specialties, Italian Classics, Dolci (desserts), and a Bambini Menu (children's menu). They also do a brisk carside carry-out business.

Favorite Dish: The Italian salad that you can order with the meal (also Caesar or House) is absolutely delicious. They always give you plenty of freshly grated cheese on top. Allan loved the Lasagne ("just like mamma used to make").
    Allan also tried one time a pasta special with Porcini mushrooms, shrimp, fresh basil, crushed tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil over pasta noodles. He raved about it.

I could not get enough of their brick oven pizza with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and pepperoni.
    Oh, I cannot forget about the wonderful home baked bread--"to die for".

Needless to say, we loved CARRABBA'S.

We were always too full for dessert, but they offer:
    Creme Brulee
    Tiramisu
    Sogno Di Cioccolata (Chocolate Dream)
    John Cole (Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and roasted cinnamon rum pecans)!

Carrabba's Italian Grill

Rodes Restaurant in Bonita Springs: For the Best and Most Fresh Seafood

by deecat Updated Jun 4, 2005

The first time we were in the Bonita Springs area about five years ago, we were told to be sure to eat at Rodes (a tradition in the area).

The place was almost "a hole in the wall". It had only a few tables to sit down to eat, and the deli part was where most of the business took place. But, it was worth it to eat there because it was so delicious. Besides seafood, we would buy Keylime pies and take them with us.

This year, we went looking for Rodes, and it was closed! Accidently, I saw a new restaurant about two blocks away and pointed it out and then realized it was the NEW AND IMPROVED Rodes!
    We ate there three times. It is absolutely beautiful now with a huge bar area, gigantic dining room, and a good-sized deli portion.

Thank goodness, the quality and amount of food is still the same.

Favorite Dish: We liked the shrimp and the blue stone crab (which was in season while we were there).
    I prefer the Coconut Shrimp and Allan has the 1/2 pound (which was 40+ shrimp) of fresh shrimp! He also loved the blue stone crab.

The salads are good, the fish/chips is also quite wonderful. And, as always, we bought the keylime pie to take home. In addition, we bought the "Forest Berries" pie that had three delicious berries in one pie.

I'm so glad that when they built the new Rodes, they did not change the menu or the qulity. It's a great memory of Bonita Springs and Bonita Beach area.

Allan & his half pound of fresh shrimp at Rodes

Instant Answers: Bonita Springs

Comments

Bonita Springs Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bonita Springs restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bonita Springs sightseeing.

View all Bonita Springs hotels