Cape Canaveral What to Pack

• What to Pack
    by Krystynn

Most Recent What to Pack in Cape Canaveral

• tony248's Profile Photo

Be prepared according to the time of year

by tony248 Updated Oct 26, 2003

Luggage and bags: Remember, bags will be checked. Some bags like back packs are not allowed at all.
    If possible, use a small camera bag or a vest designed for photography. Diaper bags may be ok but you should check the KSC web site for detailed information.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Clothing should match the weather. Temps go from really hot and humid to very cool depending on the time of year. Almost all walking is on a hard surface. Comfortable shoes are a must.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Insect repellant may be needed in the Summer. We were there in the early Spring and insects were not a problem.

Photo Equipment: Be sure to take lots of film and batteries. There is so much to see and take photos of. You may also want to have something to write on if you have want to get the details right. My memory failed me on some things and I was wishing I had some notes.

Miscellaneous: Do not overload yourself. Trying to carry too much stuff will detract from the enjoyment of the sites and cause problems with security screening. In the hot season, be sure to drink plenty of fluids.

LCC & VAB

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Packing List

by Krystynn Written Sep 12, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Cape Canaveral is in Florida... and the whole world knows how HOT the weather CAN get here in SUNNY Florida (note: words in CAPS are meant for emphasis and for you to take the HINT!). So remember to wear only LIGHT WEIGHT and comfortable clothes AND shoes/ sandals.

Shorts, bermudas, tank tops, sundresses etc. will suffice.

Photo Equipment: O.K., don't laugh at me... but these days, I bring along at least THREE types of cameras with me and load them with the different types of films i.e. ASA200 film (for day), the high speed Kodak 800 film for museums or places that do not allow flash photography and APS film for my teeny weenie smaller-than-my-palm Canon camera.

Miscellaneous: You may wish to bring along some moist towelettes with you too. what? To cool you down, wipe the perspiration off your face & body...and clean some of the park dirt off at the same time! They come in foil packages. Open one and wipe your face & hands with it. Believe me, these moist towelettes have kept me from further sufferings under the STEAMING HOT Florida sun! Sunblock lotion. Yes, POUR a whole bottle of it on yourself.... Surely you wouldn't want to look like a baked lobster at the end of the day, would you? I thought so... :-)

P.S. I'm sure you can tell (just by looking at some of my pics that I'd turned somewhat charcoal BLACK!). Oh alright... almost charcoal brown to be more precise - towards the end of my stay in Florida. Sigh.

'The next best thing to being rich is traveling as though you were.' - Stephen Birnbaum (American Editor & Writer); b.1937

• Nykaenen's Profile Photo

Leave your long sleeves at home!

by Nykaenen Written Aug 26, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Florida is hot most time of the year. Even when it's not hot, it's still warm. You hardly ever need long sleeves. This is valid for people used to four seasons. I remember that some of my college friends from Haiti felt cold when temperatures fell to +15°C!!!

Photo Equipment: As usual, enough film rolls to capture all the great things there. But, should you run out of film, there's a gift shop to help you out in trouble.

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

Packing List

by cobrioc Written Aug 24, 2002

Photo Equipment: There are three critically acclaimed sites on the complex the tour visits, be prepared to bring your camera and hold your breath for an experience that's out of this world.....

Instant Answers: Cape Canaveral

Comments

Cape Canaveral What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Cape Canaveral what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cape Canaveral sightseeing.

View all Cape Canaveral hotels