Cape Coral Restaurants

The Interior
    The oysters

Most Recent Restaurants in Cape Coral

• Explor5252's Profile Photo

Bubba's Roadhouse & Saloon: Great steaks and even better salads....

by Explor5252 Written Jan 1, 2013

Bubba's Roadhouse & Saloon is located a Cape Coral, Florida (FL) restaurant known for steaks, chicken, Salmon, BBQ Ribs, burgers, hamburgers. They have award winning BBQ ribs and are located on Pine Island Road next to the German-American Social Club.

Very relax atmosphere and friendly staff.....

Favorite Dish: The steak was great but the salad will make me come back for more....It could not have been better.....

• Photography

• 850 Lafayette: 850 Restaurant Happy Hour - best in Cape!

by Mooshu Updated Apr 4, 2011

Wow! Went to 850's Happy three Saturdays in a row after work. Their happy hour is from 3-7 pm everyday. Big bar outside under a tent/roof and an inside bar (real cozy). Tapas menu during happy hour is $5.00 each. Had calamari the first time - overflowing bowl of excellent squid with spicy sauce. Second & third Saturday had Ahi Tuna Bites - was sooo good. Served with chop sticks and wanton crisps. Many other tapas items on the menu. They have live music Thursday - Sunday. What a place - I can't begin to tell you what all's on their dinner menu. They have a real fine website you can check out (advised) http://www.850restaurant.com/.

Favorite Dish: Happy Hour Tapas menu has at least 6 selections of very fine food. My favorite is the Ahi Tuna Bites. Did I mention the half price drinks during happy hour? Absolut Vodka is their calldrinks (amazing) - my favorite served in a tall glass with tonic and a lemon wedge! Doesn't get any better.

• annk's Profile Photo

Rumrunners: On the water with a view

by annk Updated Apr 4, 2011

Rumrunners

Rumrunners is located in southwest Cape Coral in the yachting community of Cape Harbour. Waterfront dining is accessible by car or boat. Views are very pleasant as the restaurant overlooks one of the canals and wetlands.

Favorite Dish: The atmosphere is bright and casual. Menu items include a wide variety of fresh seafood, Caribbean inspired dishes, pasta, salads, chicken, beef & pork. Definitely not the cheapest place in town but the food is good and atmosphere fantastic.

Voted "Best Waterfont Dining in 2004"

• Rib City Grill: Rude management. Won't be back.

by AkinomR Written Feb 27, 2010

The food is excellent, the servers are wonderful - BUT the Manager of this Rib City is the worst person we have ever met. He has no idea of how he should respond. Because of this (and only because of this) we have to quit going there after more than ten years of loyalty.

Red's Fresh Seafood House & Tavern: Best Oysters & Atmosphere

Lemon Caper Snapper

I wanted my giant oysters, again, and meant to make it to the Waterfront Restaurant for the second time, but the locals I met along the way recommended Red’s. I’m glad we listened to them.
    From the outside Red’s looks like a mid-sized barn turned into a restaurant, and of course, it is painted red. However, inside it’s a neatly adorned, small, quiet, and intimate restaurant ready to accommodate hungry couples and small parties. Their bar is really impressive and choices of alcohol are pretty good. Don’t plan to have a big party at Red’s, they won’t be able to accommodate you and won’t even let you to reserve a table in advance, but you’re always welcome to wait for a table at the bar and it won’t take long before you’re seated.
    The oysters where fresh and tasty, without noticing I finished all 12 of them, alone! My “Lemon Caper Snapper” was mouth-watering and I really couldn’t wish for a better dish. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. He knew every single ingredient of all the dishes listed in the menu and his recommendations were honest and helpful. He even found a few minutes for a friendly chat with us, although the place was pretty busy.
    While they call themselves a reasonably priced restaurant, I’d say they are a bit more expensive than average, but I’d return to Red’s any day because there’s one thing they are definitely the best at – their seafood, and I wouldn’t mind paying for such a great experience.
    Bottom line, there are only 3 restaurants I’ve been to on Pine Island, and Red’s, by far, is the best one!

The Waterfront - Restaurant and Marina: Good seafood

The oysters

During my first visit to Cape Coral I was dreaming of oysters. Very “kosher” in Israel, they’re impossible to get here, so when I travel I tend to “attack” all the seafood restaurants I can find. Therefore, pretty much every local resident in Cape Coral was asked to recommend a good restaurant with decent oysters in the menu.
    40 minutes drive and we found ourselves on Pine Island at The Waterfront Restaurant & Marina. We asked whether they had fresh oysters, although it wasn’t exactly the season, and the answer was “Don’t worry, we always have them, we import our oysters from Texas”.
    First, we wanted to sit outside, right by the water, but this is when I discovered those tiny bugs called “no-see-‘em”, their annoying bites chased me inside the restaurant in no time. And this is the ONLY negative thing I can say about the place.
    My Texan oysters where fresh and delicious, the broiled seafood combo which included scallops, shrimps, mahi-mahi, and grouper as a main dish was really good, and all the salads that came with it were excellent. Also, they serve Belgian fries, to my surprise.
    Another thing that caught my eye was “You catch it, we cook it” dish, looked like a really good experience to me, maybe I’ll keep the idea for my next visit. After all, there’s not much entertainment in this part of Florida.

Kumo - Japanese Steak House: Great Hibachi show

Hibachi

I have never heard of “hibachi” before my visit to Kumo. I was thinking about sushi, but what I discovered was even better. The chefs are definitely great entertainers and take their job seriously turning a 30 minutes show into a real culinary delight.
    Your choice of steak, scallops, shrimp, or chicken will be prepared in front of you and served to you with rice and veggies. All this while the chef is flipping scallops in the air, cuts an onion and makes a “volcano” out of it, throws an egg high above and “smashes” it on the grill once it fell down, makes kids catch a piece of shrimp (messy but very amusing) etc.
    Once the food is ready and served, the chef will clean and sterilize the grill, leaving it shiny and spotless within minutes. Portions are really big, and I did end up going home with a doggy bag, like everybody else at our table.
    I’ve been to Kumo several times and had the chance to try their sushi as well. Fresh, tasty…just perfect. My favorite is Kumo’s spider roll – soft shell crab roll.
    Their service is always with a smile and very professional. The restaurant is clean, neatly decorated and the atmosphere is very pleasant.
    Let’s face it, Cape Coral is not exactly a tourist attraction, if you happen to be in this town and look for entertainment, I’d recommend Kumo.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Rib City, Cape Carol: Ribs to die for!

by tpangelinan Written Mar 13, 2005

Rib City Cape Coral

This was a fun time to be had, the people were very friendly, the food was perfect and great prices. Tropicdiver & I stopped in here after a sunset photos run, we didn't have to wait long, maybe 10 minutes to be seated. Bob suggested the ribs of course, so I tried them. I don't eat ribs very much at all due to the messy factor. But I made an exception, and happy I did. The ribs here are soooo juicey and fall off the bone, followed down with an ice cold 25 cent beer, LIFE IS GOOD! They have several types of BBQ sauce and the bottles are not labled so ask for an ID on them from the wait staff. It's a fun place to have a meal.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Cape Coral

Comments

Cape Coral Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cape Coral restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cape Coral sightseeing.