alison hagerup beach
alison hagerup beach is only one of two public beaches on captiva island. the other is turner beach at blind pass. this beautiful gulf coast beach is located on the north end of captiva island next to the south seas plantation resort.Related to:
So many things!
- NASCRAB Racing at The Crows Next at 'Tween Waters Inn (only on certain nights so call ahead)
- The Shell Museum: absolutely darling, wonderful staff and actually quite interesting
- J.N. Ding Darling Refuge: while you can theoretically walk and/or ride your bike, we paid the small toll and drove our car through it. Thank God, because we New Yorker's found the heat to be overwhelming and so popped in and out of our air conditioned car in order to see the birds and other wildlife. Those who had decided to ride their bikes were definitely a bit on the red & fried side of things at the end.
- This isn't on Sanibel or Captiva Island but it is definitely worth the trip to see the Edison & Ford winter estates:)
The beaches of Captiva
Captiva has some beautiful white sand beaches. Due to the city's efforts to preserve and conserve, you'll find a shoreline flanked by pristine white sand. Its possible in the off season of summer to find a deserted portion of the beach for yourself.
Many people believe the Gulf of Mexico's waters are cleaner and clearer than the Atlantic Ocean on Florida's east coast. I'm not sure if that's true or if it could be proven, but I think it would be hard to find more beautiful beaches in Florida than those of Captiva Island.Related to:
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
Sanibel is consistently voted #1 for shelling, and maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I've always been so much more impressed by the shelling on Captiva.
Low tide will yield the best results on any given day. The best times of the year to shell are after winter storms and tropical disturbances.
Captiva's Village Center
It's quaint and fun at night.... bright colors with appropriate lighting.. all within walking distance. Keylime Bistro has live saxophone and guitar music that's good. a+ atmosphere. Open 8am until midnight daily. 1-239-395-4000
Captiva Island Hotels
P.O. Box 191, Florida, 33924, United States
Good for: Couples
tween the waters is a historic inn built in 1931 on captiva island. the 13 acre property has a small...more
the south seas plantation island resort is one of the best resorts in southwest florida. it is...more
Latest Captiva Island Hotel Reviews
- South Seas Resort
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Captiva Island Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Tween Waters Inn Capitva Island
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Great room rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Explore the World
- Mississauga Hotels
- Ubud Hotels
- Dumaguete City Hotels
- Male Island
- Williamsburg Hotels