Cassadaga Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Cassadaga

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

old Florida ranches and farms

by Pawtuxet Written Apr 30, 2007

Favorite thing: The thing I love about central Florida is that you can still see some of the old farms and ranches where there are crops, cattle or horses being raised just as they have been for many, many years. Of course you now begin to see some condos being built where they've bought out the farms...and there are 'for sale signs' on other places. But I smile whenever I see these big old steer peering out at me and I'm glad the owners of the property are still surviving. This old critter turned toward my camera and held the pose for quite some time until I got the pic and then turned back to chewing right after the final click. :-)

• Farm Stay
    • Eco-Tourism

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Lake Helen Historic District

by Pawtuxet Written Apr 30, 2007

Favorite thing: Leave it to me, whereever I go I'll find a historic district. Same rule applies when I'm in central Florida. Cassadaga...altho fascinating in many ways....leaves much to be desired in its built environment. The homes are simple and often unkempt. Not so in Lake Helen which is right next door. Lake Helen has a house tour around the holidays and the B&B is included in that tour. They have a lovely period church that is well used and several homes which are late Victorian or later which they cherish. Not every house is historic and picturesque, but I'm sure it would be fun to do their tour and see the collection that is there. I've included a sampling of several homes here. I didn't get to see the interiors, but enjoyed photographing their exteriors.

• Religious Travel
    • Architecture

Instant Answers: Cassadaga

Comments

Cassadaga Favorites

Reviews and photos of Cassadaga favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cassadaga sightseeing.