Clearwater Restaurants

A Toast to 20 years! Cheers!
    White Asparagus Appetizer
    Deliciuos Lobster!

Most Recent Restaurants in Clearwater

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Brick House Tavern & Tap: Good Happy Hour & Good Beer!

by charlenemixa Written Dec 6, 2014

It had been several months since we stopped at Brick House. We arrived about 5:45 PM. After being seated we asked if there was a Happy Hour on drinks. Their Happy Hour only goes til 6:00 PM. Wines were $6 but is a full pour. The snacks for $5 or $7 and pizza are $7 on Happy Hour. We shared the smoked salmon appetizer with a yogurt spread with a crisp bread which was excellent. We also shared a pizza which was also very good with a nice vp crispy thin crust. It was a pleasant dinner with take-homes, too. Good food and good beers in a good decor with a variety of seating choices.

• Beer Tasting

Carmel Cafe & Wine Bar: Delicious Dinner & Welcoming Setting

by charlenemixa Updated Dec 6, 2014

We made reservations or at least called to be on their list, so sat at the bar until the table was ready. Of course a good selection of wine. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming on this busy Friday evening. We only wanted a light dinner so went with lighter fare, the lobster pizza is delicious. Fun evening of drinks and light dinner. Waiter was super.

Favorite Dish: Only visited once but really liked the Lobster Flatbread.

• Wine Tasting

P. F. Chang's: Delightful Lunch at the Mall

by charlenemixa Written Dec 6, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for lunch. Amazing as often as we visit the Countryside Mall we had ever dined at PF Chang's. The extensive menu will have something for everyone. Our lunches were very tasty. Wines and beer were good also. The portions were ample. We both had portions for take-home. We will definitely be back. The setting is more upscale, welcoming and comfy.

• toemayn's Profile Photo

ISLAND WAY GRILL: Over rated

by toemayn Written Nov 30, 2014

We went there for the Thanksgiving Buffet. For A "upscale" restaurant they were disorganized. Reception was overwhelmed with patrons. The buffet setup was wasn't good resulting in long lines. The food was good at best. A salad bar with only one dressing????? You got to be kidding me, I wish! As for deserts medicor finger food. We should have just went to Golden Corral.

Bonefish Grill Safety Harbor: “Consistently Good Food & Service - Timing Helps,

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

We usually stay away from Bonefish Grill on a Friday evening as it is usually hectic with a long wait. Being in the area about 6:30 on a Friday, we decided to give it a chance. Upon arrival, we were told there was a 30 -40 minute wait. We stopped in the bar which was jammed! Just as we ordered drinks two ladies at the bar were called to a table, so we were pleased to sit at the bar and not hover over customers. Before we even paid the bar tap we were called for our table. It was less than 10 minutes. Seems, that being a twosome was to our advantage this evening. Our meal was delicious - sharing the Seafood for two for $39. Since it includes a salad which is usually a la cart, as well as two sides, and four different fish entrees it is an excellent "deal". The service and food were both very good, but it was very busy and noisy. I still prefer other week days where it isn't so busy and dining is more comfortable.

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

O'Keefe's Tavern & Restaurant: Good Ol' Irish Tavern!

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

Terrific Pub food! O'Keefe's has been around for years in Clearwater. We have eaten here many times and it continues to server plentiful hearty Irish dishes and more. This visit we really enjoyed other features of fish tacos and veggies quesadilla. Always a fun place to dine. If you are in town during St. Patrick's Day, O'Keefe's is the place to be. They put up a huge tent, have Irish food specials as well as entertainment. The décor has been the same for years so expect a dark tavern look when you go.

Island Way Grill: Excellent Upscale Restaurant

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

It has been awhile since we dined here but we have always been pleased with this superb dining experience at Island Way Grill. It is a wonderful dining restaurant with its modern stylish décor. Our meals were both excellent of seafood specials. Dining on weekday, it was not crowded and we had extra service and attention. Scenic sunsets too. They do have outdoor seating but we traditionally dine inside. The chef does an excellent job with a delightful variety of menu selections. They do have an early bird special and a brunch on Sunday. I have always been very pleased with their Oysters on the half shell. A restaurant that we usually reserve for special events or occasions.

Frenchy's Saltwater Cafe: Always Good Food at Frenchy's

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

After a morning at the beach we stopped in for lunch. Traditionally we always got the original grouper sandwich. Today we were pleased with their monthly and daily special. I really enjoyed the crab quesadilla and my husband was pleased with the Cajun grouper. Our waitress was very good and we liked the outdoor setting. Next visit I will do my favorite again of their Original Grouper Sandwich! This is a great place for casual setting and great food. Whenever we take the grandkids, they love it!

Note there are other Frenchy's in the Clearwater Beach area, but this one is the favorite for us. Seating on the patio outside is fun with its beach décor.

Favorite Dish: Original Grouper Sandwich

Skyline Chili: Welcome to Skyline Chili in Florida

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

For those from Cincinnati who are seeking their old favorite, they will be pleased to stop in at Skyline Chili in Clearwater. I had the tasty little hot dogs, while my husband enjoyed the chili with spaghetti. All was delicious. The waitress was excellent, a young girl with a lot of energy and enthusiasm.

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill: Good BBQ & Great Beers!

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

Enjoyed lunch with their many options of meats and salads. My husband had the pulled pork with their delicious Brunswick Stew (which is a little spicey) and I was delighted with my trio plate of side salad, pulled pork and baked potato. Their beers are great too! Consistently good service, whenever we visit. This visit we sat at the high top table with great views of the TV's for Saturday afternoon football. We find this is a great place for consistently good food whenever we are in the Clearwater Mall area.

Nauti Nancy's: Good Food in a Casual Eatery

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

We has lunch at Nauti Nancy's while riding on the Pinellas Trail. This is a rustic casual eatery with mainly outdoor seating. Very laid back. I got the fish spread appetizer which was HUGE and delicious. My husband enjoyed his sandwich which was also a good size portion. They have open seating at community tables so it is fun to visit with other diners. Because it is outside beer and wine are served in plastic cups. They offer a varied menu. Unique place for good food.

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Cheddar's: Delicious Food & Great Prices!

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

Friends invited us to join them for diviner at Cheddar's. It was a very pleasant surprise. They offer a nice variety and their prices are excellent as were our meals. I had the Chicken Pot pie which was very tasty. I opted to get a side salad and took half the pie home. Pathetic prices are very good, less than average. It is our friends favorite place to dine now.

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Louis Pappas Market Cafe: Always a GREAT GREEK SALAD!

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

My husband and I love the famous and traditional Greek Salad at Pappas. Having lived in the Pinellas county are and have always been fans of the traditional Greek Salad popularized by Louis Pappas. While the original restaurant has closed in Tarpon Springs we are so glad to have the Market Café close by so we can get our Greek Salad fix. We especially like the "chopped" Greek Salad for one which is plenty for the two of us to share. Usually we do a take home. If we are really wanting left overs then we get the large salad. Remember these traditional Greek salads come with their 'famous Greek Potato Salad". Note: My husband and attempted to copy the Greek Potato Salad recipe and while it is very good we know we still are missing a few ingredients.

Favorite Dish: Chopped Greek Salad - Louis Pappas is the name in the Tarpon Springs area for making the Greek Salad famous here with its Greek Potato Salad. We have been enjoying their Greek Salads for over 40 years and are glad that they have the Louis Pappas Market Café close by. The Tarpon Spring Restaurant is closed down (Drats).

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Einstein Bagels: Great Bagel's - Busy on Sunday!

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

Popping in after church the family and grandkids enjoyed the their terrific bagels. It was busy this Sunday morning but the staff was reasonably efficient. We have had bagels many times from here but usually with a "take-out". Consistency is the best with Einstein.

Brick House Tavern & Tap: Fun Dining - Terrific Beers

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

While my husband and I have been here several times and often bring friends, we stopped in one Sunday afternoon for a casual dinner. While my chopped chicken salad was good, as usual, and my husband's crab cake sandwich was delicious, the fun part today was the beers. My husband enjoyed the "Dirty Blonde" a combination of Guinness & Stella. We got into their beer choices so had as our finale (instead of dessert) the "Irish Car Bomb!" Okay if my memory servers me it is a shot of Old Jameson & Bailey's Irish Cream with a Guinness. Delicious! Okay even better since we had visited Dublin 's Old Jameson's and the Guinness Factory. Probably safer since we shared it, as otherwise it is pretty potent. Okay, we didn't chug it either. We really like the cozy atmosphere with cushy benches at Brick House Tavern.

Be sure to get there early for the Happy Hour rates, especially on wines. I find their wines are pricey for both the portion and quality of wines. Anytime we have taken friends here, they have commented on the wine prices.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Clearwater

Comments

Clearwater Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Clearwater restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Clearwater sightseeing.