Clearwater Restaurants

A Toast to 20 years! Cheers!
    White Asparagus Appetizer
    Deliciuos Lobster!

Most Recent Restaurants in Clearwater

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Einstein Bagels: Great Bagel's - Busy on Sunday!

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

Popping in after church the family and grandkids enjoyed the their terrific bagels. It was busy this Sunday morning but the staff was reasonably efficient. We have had bagels many times from here but usually with a "take-out". Consistency is the best with Einstein.

Brick House Tavern & Tap: Fun Dining - Terrific Beers

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

While my husband and I have been here several times and often bring friends, we stopped in one Sunday afternoon for a casual dinner. While my chopped chicken salad was good, as usual, and my husband's crab cake sandwich was delicious, the fun part today was the beers. My husband enjoyed the "Dirty Blonde" a combination of Guinness & Stella. We got into their beer choices so had as our finale (instead of dessert) the "Irish Car Bomb!" Okay if my memory servers me it is a shot of Old Jameson & Bailey's Irish Cream with a Guinness. Delicious! Okay even better since we had visited Dublin 's Old Jameson's and the Guinness Factory. Probably safer since we shared it, as otherwise it is pretty potent. Okay, we didn't chug it either. We really like the cozy atmosphere with cushy benches at Brick House Tavern.

Be sure to get there early for the Happy Hour rates, especially on wines. I find their wines are pricey for both the portion and quality of wines. Anytime we have taken friends here, they have commented on the wine prices.

• Beer Tasting

Carrabba's -Clearwater: A Fun Gathering in a Private Room

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

A relative celebrated her birthday and baptism in the Private Room at the Carrabba's in Clearwater. They have some great specials where you actually get a second serving our your entre (which most all of us took home). Plus the staff did a very good job of handling 20 people for lunch with separate checks. They were efficient with the meals and checks. The restaurant is convenient and we were very impressed. Carrabba's is consistently a good restaurant but adding the number of people we were pleased and recommend to others who might need a small private dining area in the Clearwater area.

Cuvee 103: Wide Selection of Wines

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

We stopped in for drinks only so we did not have the opportunity to experience their food. We did look at the menu which offered a nice selection of options. The décor is very crisp and we enjoyed sitting at the bar chatting with the bartender and even the owner stopped by. While we are not wine experts they did have a nice selection of wines by the glass and bottle. They have the wine system which the bartender explained is the Cuvee. This lets them open a bottle of wine basically put it on tap and keep it fresh over a period of time. Preventing loss of wines that have been opened. Overall this is a very nice restaurant. We visited on a Tuesday evening and it was very quiet. It's location makes it a little hard to spot from the road - though it is more of a restaurant that you planned to dine in rather than happen into. They also have music on some nights, too.

Grillsmith: Terrific Crab/Shrimp Sandwich & Smoked Salmon

by charlenemixa Written Aug 9, 2014

My husband and I enjoy going to Grill Smith as it is a very nice upscale restaurant with a variety of menu items. Being predominantly fish eaters we continue to go for their Crab/shrimp cake sandwich - which is delicious. I also have had their smoked salmon appetizer which is a nice size portion for a meal. The service is consistently very good. A very nice dining venue with a warm inviting bar area also.

Favorite Dish: My husband's favorite dish is the Crab/Shrimp Cake Sandwich and mine is the smoked Salmon appetizer.

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Cafe Ponte: A Wonderful Dining Venue!

by charlenemixa Written Jun 28, 2014

My husband and I were seeking a special restaurant to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We heard of Café Ponte when they sponsored an event at our country club (Drive for a Cure at East Lake Woodlands Country Club). Checking out their website, we decided this was definitely the place to go for our anniversary dinner. Initially, my husband made reservations for 6:30 PM but noticed they had an early dining special of a 3-course meal so we changed the reservation to 6:00 PM.
    The restaurant is in a shopping center. They have done a very good job of giving an extra flair with plenty of plants around the outside and created a very nice outdoor dining patio. On this warm summer evening, we dined inside. The décor is a clean modern look with a warm charm. The wait staff was excellent taking care of any need or request. Starting with the complimentary champagne, we delighted in this special dining experience and venue. We both opted for the Early Dinner Menu of the 3-course dinner. I had the Fried White Asparagus Appetizer while my husband went with their tasty mushroom soup. Each were delicious! My lobster served in a pot was beautifully presented and so tasty with huge chunks of lobster in a cream sauce (similar to a lobster pie). My husband thoroughly enjoyed his sea scallops. The trio-dessert was a wonderful finale to our anniversary dinner. They also have an extensive wine selection.
    We can highly recommend Café Ponte for an upscale dining experience. It was quiet on the Monday night we were there.

A Toast to 20 years!  Cheers! White Asparagus Appetizer Deliciuos Lobster! Dessert Trio!

• doug48's Profile Photo

bob heilman's beachcomber: steak & seafood

by doug48 Updated Apr 13, 2009

established in 1948 bob heilman's beachcomber restaurant is in my opinion the best restaurant in clearwater beach. the beachcomber specializes in steaks and local seafood. bob heilman's is a florida trend hall of fame rated restaurant. well worth a stop for better dining in clearwater beach. reservations recommended.

beachcomber restaurant

• doug48's Profile Photo

island way grill: steak & seafood

by doug48 Written Mar 21, 2009

the island way grill is a very good restaurant located off of the US 60 causeway between clearwater and clearwater beach. this excellent restaurant specializes in prime steaks and seafood with an asian accent. one of the better restaurants in the clearwater area. moderately priced.

island way grill

columbia: cuban/spanish

by doug48 Written Mar 21, 2009

the columbia clearwater is a branch of the famous columbia restaurant in ybor city. the original columbia was established in 1905 and is one of the best cuban/spanish restaurants in florida. i have visited several columbia restaurants around the state and found the food and service consistant at each location. very good cuban/spanish fare moderately priced.

columbia restaurant sand key

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Crab Trap: Try the crab Fritters

by easterntrekker Written Feb 27, 2009

This was actually a kiosk set up at Coachman's park for the Sea Blues Festival. We had the Crab Fritters and they were deliciuos and huge !! All the food was deep fried though so not good for the diet conscience!

• Women's Travel

• mmyerspa's Profile Photo

A&N Deli and Pork Store: Meet Mama, the matriarch!

by mmyerspa Written Feb 8, 2009

Have yummy deli sandwiches, antipasto salad, Italian meal, or take home some fresh sausage. Be sure to meet Mama when you visit the A&N deli and pork store. She will make you feel as if you're a family member coming to her home for a meal!

They are known for their homemade sausage, and it is quite plentiful, with several varieties available in the deli case. They also have many unique Italian dishes that I didn't even know existed. I used to work closeby and went there for lunch at least once a week. I was always greeted warmly by name, and the food was always satisfying!

A&N also does catering.

Note that they are only open until 6pm.

Favorite Dish: The Antipasto Salad and the Lasagna

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Mugs 'N Jugs: A good sports bar

by ATXtraveler Written Oct 29, 2008

** As of September 2008, this restaurant participates in Rewards Network **
    Thanks to my good friends at Rewardsnetwork.com , Mugs 'N Jugs won my business for the evening to watch some sports while eating alone on a business trip. I like to go to places where I feel I am not inconveniencing anyone when I sit in a table for hours on end watching sports and enjoying less than healthy portions of chicken wings or what ever pub fare is available.

When you enter into this location, you know you are in a sports bar, with kitschy beer calendars and special advertisements splitting time on the wall with other sports paraphernalia. Since Clearwater is closely located to Tampa Bay, the requisite Buccaneers and (Devil) Rays posters and neon signs are in full force. I choose to sit in the back of the restaurant, as they can accommodate me with power there. At 5pm on a Wednesday, the place is already pumping with business. I was pleasantly surprised with the clientele. Quite a few families were in there, despite the name Mugs 'N Chugs which hearkens back a little to the title of a less than family friendly establishment.

Once seated, there are plenty of television screens, all on different sporting events. One channel is dedicated to curling, others to ESPN and ESPN news. Rodeo is even playing on one set. They have even put on one of the fiercest sporting events out there these days, the Presidential election, after all this is a swing state.

The menu recommends the "giant wings", of which I can not resist. I choose to get 5 with Hot BBQ, and 5 with Garlic Hot Sauce. The garlic wings tasted a little too vinegary to me, but the Hot BBQ was delicious, and warranted me to order another 5 and some fries. They live up to their name, being sizeably larger than other wing locations. I would not call them giant, but I thought the name was appropriate in comparison to other wing places.

The waitstaff is definitely attentive, asking if everything is alright and keeping my tea refilled. Overall, I would rate the food very well for what it is (pub food). I would also definitely come back, if another round of giant wings is what I craved.

Open
    Sun-Thu 11am-11pm
    Fri-Sat 11am-12am

Favorite Dish: Giant Hot BBQ wings are the go here.

• tampa_shawn's Profile Photo

Lucky Dill Deli: New York Jewish Deli in Palm Harbor & St Pete

by tampa_shawn Updated Aug 25, 2008

The Tampa Bay area is not the best location to find an authentic Jewish deli but there is somewhere to go. This Deli has several locations.

Favorite Dish: Chopped liver
    potato pancakes
    corned beef sandwich
    The city sampler

• spyrofan's Profile Photo

hella's: great Greek food

by spyrofan Updated May 16, 2008

Hella's was first and only Greek restaurant I went to in town north of Clearwater called Tarpon Springs. is on tourist street but fun. is a must stop even though it's about 10 miles north of Clearwater on Alt. 19. website is http://www.hellas-restaurant.com.
    Hella's is very clean and happy, upbeat place. with Greek food being naturally filling, their portion sizes are more than adequate. pricing for the authentic dinners is approximately $10.s
    it's located across from a parking lot next to where boats launch on a river that leads to the gulf.

Favorite Dish: my favorite dish is Pastitsio, which is a casserole of ziti, ground beef, eggplant, potatoes, blended and baked with a creamy sauce. topped off with baklava that is a diabetics worst nightmare sweet.

• tampa_shawn's Profile Photo

Tommy Duff's Irish Aviation Pub: Irish Aviation Pub

by tampa_shawn Updated Apr 11, 2007

Food is good and reasonable but the atmosphere is a lot of fun. Mosltly bar type food - winds, skins, quesadillas, chicken fingers - but does have a soup of the day, chili, salads'

has a coupon (for beer or well cocktail) on their website for first time visitors

Favorite Dish: SHEPHERD’S PIE 7.95

FISH W/CHIPS 9.25

BLACK & BLEU BURGER 6.35

REUBEN 6.95

Instant Answers: Clearwater

Comments

Clearwater Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Clearwater restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Clearwater sightseeing.