Clearwater Beach Favorites

by CoAir13

Best Rated Favorites in Clearwater Beach

• The Florida Fighting Conch

Florida Fighting Conch

Favorite thing: Well, one of our favorite things to do is to find a conch, take it out of the water, turn it over and watch as it's little eyeballs emerge from it mucous-like body. It then will slowly emerge from it's shell with it's one "flipper" like appendage.....and quicker than the blink of an eye, turn itself over again! It's a kid activity......they LOVE it!!

• Tree Frogs

Tree frog

Favorite thing: I love the sound these little frogs make at night. Ethan and I bring a little flashlight outside to look for them. My dad's condo is on the second floor and there are plenty of tree tops at eye level for us to look. You can find them on the trunks, too!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Palm Trees on the Gulf

by littlesam1 Updated Jun 11, 2003

On the Gulf at Clearwater Beach

Favorite thing: This is one of my favorite pictures from Clearwater Beach. This was taken from the pool deck behind my hotel. You can see the great view I had from the deck. I must have been fascinated with the Palm Trees. We do not have them in Maryland so I guess thats why I was so fond of them. When I got home and developed my film I found that I had way too many pictures of palm trees! I included this one because it best describes my Clearwater experience. I had a very quiet and relaxing couple of days at Clearwater Beach. Sun, sand and palm trees.

• Storms Rolling into the Mainland

Storm Clouds

Favorite thing: Sitting on the beach or the balcony watching the storms going over to the mainland! Many of the storms don't hit Clearwater Beach. The sky turns AMAZING colors VERY quickly. I like to watch storms anywhere, but here they are magical!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

by ATXtraveler Written Oct 29, 2008

Clearwater Memorial Causeway

Favorite thing: When you are travelling to and from Clearwater Beach, you will likely be using the Clearwater Memorial Causeway to route yourself to/from the mainland. This causeway creates a bridge between Clearwater and Clearwater Beach and has been in use since 1920. It is now a four lane highway, but used to be two lanes.

The bridge was expanded in 2005, and to the grief of residents, the bridge took a lot longer than expected, being delayed over a year. The bridge is also known as Florida State Highway 60.

Enjoy your trip when visiting!

• scarlet1501's Profile Photo

Moon light over the water

by scarlet1501 Written Jul 9, 2008

Favorite thing: Sunset is the most beautiful I have ever seen. Night time on the beach is great with the moon light shining on the water. There is plenty of light from the resorts on the beach. used to live there and I think Clearwater Beach is like paradise.

Fondest memory: Fireworks are beautiful over the water on the 4th of July.

• windoweb's Profile Photo

Shell collecting on the white sand beach

by windoweb Written May 13, 2005

Looking out of hotel room

Favorite thing: Clearwater Beach is one of my favorite beaches in Florida. The sand is most white and there are many shells to choose from.

Fondest memory: Listening to the water crash on the beach.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Music

Instant Answers: Clearwater Beach

Comments

Clearwater Beach Favorites

Reviews and photos of Clearwater Beach favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Clearwater Beach sightseeing.

View all Clearwater Beach hotels