Clearwater Beach Island Travel Guide

Clearwater Beach Island Restaurants

• NaughtyArty's Profile Photo

by NaughtyArty Written Jun 8, 2011

We were tired and hungry from a long drive. Saw this place at the end of a strip mall, and decided to check it out. It's not a big restaurant - there were 20 tables inside, and a small bar. Out on their deck in the back was the other side of the bar and about 10-12 more tables, either under the roof or table umbrellas. The water was just below us, and we had a nice view of the bay. We sat at an umbrella table and enjoyed the shade, the view, and the breeze.

The kids had pink lemonade, as did my wife. They all said it was very good. I ordered a Michelob Amber Bock, which they have on draft. It was the cheapest beer I've had in a long time - only $1.70! The kids ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and macaroni & cheese. My wife ordered the fish & chips platter. I had a blackened Mahi Sandwich.

Favorite Dish: My wife loved the fish & chips. She said it was perfectly balanced with fluffly white fish inside and crispy coating outside. I shared some of her steak fries, which were crispy and good. My blackened Mahi sandwich came on a bakery bun, with lemon, lettuce, and tomato. It was nicely blackened, with enough spice to add flavor without dominating the fish. It came with crunchy kettle potato chips and coleslaw, which was just okay.

I give my sandwich a 9 out of 10. Adding pickles & red onions would have made it perfect. My wife rated her fish & chips a solid 8, and my daughters gave their lunches an 8 and a 9.

They have burgers, sandwiches, and lots of seafood on the menu. The dinner menu was slightly more upscale, and included more steaks, ribs. and higher end seafood, like lobster tail. Even with that, most of the entree prices were between $10-20, and none exceeded $30. Our bill for lunch for the family of four was only $34. The wait service was very good. I'm usually fairly critical of waiters (being one for many years), and my regular tip is 15%. Our waitress got 20% for her good service and friendliness.

We will definitely go back the next time we are in the Tampa area.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Clearwater Beach Island

Comments

Clearwater Beach Island Travel Guide
Map of Clearwater Beach Island