Cocoa Beach Restaurants

• keida84's Profile Photo

Coconuts On The Beach: Cocoa Beach Locals hang out

by keida84 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Coconuts on the Beach

After spending two full days immersed in the Disney Culture, fate would have it that it was time to go head East and go see Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral. Patty took us to a local haunt called "Coconuts on the Beach." We decided since we were going to have a large meal for dinner we would just get appetitizers and drinks. We sat out on the deck under an umbrella (later removed by the management so others could "see the band"--they needn't bothered because the "band" was pretty bad.) The drinks were good and the food was fine but it was sitting out under a sunny November sky with the ocean nearby that was the real lure to this place. Coconuts on the Beach is a great place to people watch, chat (when the band is not playing) and it certainly is the "pick up and hook up" spot for those who wish to do so.

Favorite Dish: The nachos were plentiful and fairly tasty, the spinach artichoke cheese dip was decent as well but what I really enjoyed was the sweet potatoe french fries. I had an "Arnold Palmer", Patty I believed she had a beer and Kristi went for the big punch--a rum based tropical drink with an extra shooter of rum appropriately named, "A Pain in the A**" Whoa, now that is what I call a tropical drink!

• Women's Travel

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Deli- Cocoa Village: Thumann's Deli Meat( in Florida!!)

by easterntrekker Written Mar 27, 2009

We picked this little place because we could sit outside to enjoy our sandwich under their umbrella with our dog, but it turned out to be really good .

Favorite Dish: I had the Meat Lover sub and the meat was plentiful and good with fresh vegetables and even it had bag of chips on the side. Who could complain at $4.99. We didn't know the Thumann's name but they are well known for their meats in New Jersey

• Seniors

Ulysee's Prime Steak House: The best steak in town

by easterntrekker Written Mar 27, 2009

Elegant decour , impeccable service, this place won't disappoint for a fabulous evening . The steak is first rate but expect to pay . In fact if you want to really impress you could have the $75.00 Kobe Steak. The striploin at $42.00 satisfied me.

• Luxury Travel

Heidelberg Restaurant's: If you crave some German Food

by easterntrekker Written Mar 13, 2009

This was a real discovery for us . Located next to Heidi's Jazz Club , the food here is plentiful and delicious . We had the steak with savoury red cabbage and roasted potato. The service is first rate .

Roberto's Little Havana: Authentic Cuban food

by easterntrekker Written Mar 13, 2009

This is a great spot for some really good Cuban food . The servings are huge and tastey and the service is friendly. If you get tired of the deep fried and predictable chain restaurants , try this place. I had the shredded chicken with black beans and rice and it was great.

• Women's Travel

• doug48's Profile Photo

grill's seafood deck and tiki bar: seafood

by doug48 Written Nov 3, 2007

grill's seafood deck and tiki bar.

of the three restaurants and bars located at port canaveral grill's is my personal favorite. good seafood moderately priced. a fun thing to do is have a drink at the tiki bar and watch the cruise ships dock and depart the port.

rusty's oyster bar: seafood

rusty's oyster bar

located at port canaveral rusty's oyster bar is one of three restaurants and bars clustered near the cruise ship docks. really more of a bar than a restaurant rusty's is a fun place to have a drink and watch the cruise ships dock and depart the port of canaveral.

sunset cafe: seafood

sunset cafe

the sunset cafe-water front bar and grill is located on the banana river just east of the 520 bridge. a typical "beach bar" style restaurant with a nice view of the banana river. good lunch spot to enjoy a grouper sandwich and a beer. also their deck is a nice place to have a drink and watch the sun set on the banana river.

• doug48's Profile Photo

jack baker's lobster shanty: seafood

jack baker's lobster shanty

jack baker's lobster shanty is a chain restaurant that offers good seafood at moderate prices. the lobster shanty is located on the banana river a couple of miles south of ron jon's on A1A. a nice place to have dinner and watch the sun set on the banana river.

• doug48's Profile Photo

the surf bar & grill: formerly bernard's surf

by doug48 Updated Oct 24, 2007

the surf bar & grill

bernard's surf has been an central florida institution since 1948. bernard's was sold recently and the name was changed as a term of the sale. however the new owners have not changed the historic decor or the menu. the decor of the restaurant takes you back to florida in the 1940's. do not be taken back by it's rustic appearance their seafood menu is one of the best in central florida. along with an excellent sellection of fresh florida seafood they also offer good steaks. the surf bar & grill is one of the best restaurants on the space coast.

Favorite Dish: pompano amandine.

• Captain J's Ocean Deck: hey my kids liked it

by TNewman Updated Jul 16, 2007

My family and I went down to florida recently to visit family in cocoa beach. since florida has some beautiful beachs in the U.S. we decided to take advantage of are stay and visit them. unfortunatly we were only there for a half an hour before it started to pour. so quickly i grabbed my son Drake and my daughter Ashten and went to take cover in a seafood Restaurant called captain J's. It was at this point that I the kids were hungry from all of the running. So we sat down and had some fantastic stake and my kids loved the hamburgers.
    We had quick service and the waitress was very nice. After the rain stopped we went up to the sky deck and my 18 month old daughter had the chance to see her very first rainbow cascading over the crystal clear ocean.

I would say its a must visit restaurant.
    Tom Newman

Favorite Dish: The stake had a nice presentation and was exactly how I asked for it to be done. Lets just put it this way. It makes me want to move down to Florida.

• SpaceCoastMomma's Profile Photo

Island Pasta Company: Creative Caribbean Inspired Food

by SpaceCoastMomma Updated Jul 1, 2007

Love this place. Actually located in historic downtown Melbourne (aka Melbourne Village), just minutes from Cocoa Beach. The name doesn't do the place justice because they have a lot more than just pasta. In fact, we discovered this place on a really hot day when we were NOT in the mood for pasta (we almost overlooked it ~ thank goodness we didn't!). Fun, funky, casual. Sit outside on a nice day and watch people walk by.

Favorite Dish: You have to order a basket of sweet potatos fries...enough for several people. But try not to fill up because just about everything else on the menu is also worth trying. Their salads are fantastic, especially on a hot day. I cannot remember the name of the salad I had, but it had grapes in it (lots of other tasty things, too, but it slips my mind right now). We also had the Black Bean soup...and it was very tasty. Once we got lucky and the soup of the day was a Lobster Bisque...and it was the best, creamiest, most decadent cup of soup...I could've eaten a gallon of it!

Also, great mixed drinks!!!

• SpaceCoastMomma's Profile Photo

Sunset Waterfront Grill & Bar: Low-rent and just plain yucky

by SpaceCoastMomma Updated Jul 1, 2007

If you are looking for a place to sit and have drinks on the water, then this might be your place. however, if you're actually looking for food and / or a nice atmosphere, this is definitely NOT your place. We visited for lunch, in the heat of the day with our toddler, so we opted to sit inside and enjoy the a/c. We were the only ones inside the place, as everyone else dined on the patio.

I had a bird's eye view of the kitchen and all of the goings-on. Perhaps if you had my view, you'd be as grossed out by the place as I was. I was horrified to see the employees, all food servers, walking into the kitchen with sleeveless tank tops (men especially should not be anywhere near food with the possibility of their underarm hair showing or, worse, possibly coming into contact with food). Disgusting. One young man had very long & greasy-looking hair. Not a single hair net in the place. When one of them would enter into the dining room, they would complain about how hot it was outside...and then I noticed how all of them just looked really sweaty & unkempt. The treated the dining room in which we were seated as they might the kitchen, all ***ing & bickering about things which would've been better addressed behind closed doors.

The food was ok. Not fantastic, by any means. And not particularly bad except, again, i just couldn't shake the thought of all that greasy, sweaty, possibly hairy mess of people touching my food.

The table next to us was left un-bused for the duration of our visit, although the place wasn't very busy. An old discarded cracker was left to gather dust in the window. The back room was not much more than a storage room with boxes piled everywhere.

I'd say the place was also over-priced for the quantity and quality of the food served.

Favorite Dish: The conch fritters were actually quite good.

• Seniors

• BigPUN05's Profile Photo

Captain J's: You got to try this place out!

by BigPUN05 Written Apr 12, 2007

Part of the Beautiful View on the Sky deck.

My buddies and I were looking for a "happening" place in Cocoa Beach and spotted this HUGE place, so we stopped in to have some drinks one saterday night and they had a GREAT DJ and a full liquor bar. The prices were very reasonable and the workers had Great personalities. I even went back the next day! After the beach, my buddies and I all stopped at Captain J's and had dinner; everything was fabulous! Their food wasn't just based on just seafood and so many different varietys! Atmosphere was comforting and family oriented at the same time. Although, the service was a little slow, it was also understandable, seeing that it was a very busy. The view from the Sky Deck was phonaminal, you can see everything from up there! Next time I visit my hometown, I will recommend this place to all of my buddies and go there again and because my last visit, was a great experience.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish from Captain J's would have to be their homemade Crab Cakes. You could really see the big chunks of crab in there. It smelled a little fishy, but it didn't taste like that whatsoever It was so delicious!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Coconuts on the Beach: Apps and More

by Hexepatty Written Nov 16, 2006

The over the 50 year old band jam!

It's a beach side restaurant. Nothing grand, somewhat fresh... and it's got a view of the only beach in Cocoa... so... there you go! Fried this and that... Generous portions. Tons of drinks and lots of beer. And RIGHT on the beach. What can I say. Key word here is: LOCATION. Oh there are bands that play. They can be annoying if you are trying to talk. Keep that in mind if you are sitting outside. Sets begin at 2pm apparently. There is indoor dining too.

Favorite Dish: Keida's Fried Sweet Potatos were REALLY good. Nacho's weren't bad. I've had pasta there and sandwiches too. Nothing is bad. Nothing is Out of this WORLD... but it's all GOOD if you put it in perspective: it's BEACH SIDE DINING!!! ; )

Instant Answers: Cocoa Beach

Comments

Cocoa Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cocoa Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cocoa Beach sightseeing.