Cocoa Beach Things to Do

Ron Jon's Surf Shop - Can't Miss It!
    by glomarrone
    my husband and me
    by meowdoc
    our friends
    by meowdoc

Most Recent Things to Do in Cocoa Beach

• Kayaking in Cocoa Beach

by darts Written Nov 12, 2012

My wife and I and another couple spent a week in Cocoa Beach and decided to go kayaking. We called Adventure Kayak at Cocoa Beach and made reservations. We had a wonderful time. The tour took us through the mangrove channels around the Thousand Islands area of the Banana River and out into the estuary. We were out a little over 2 1/2 hours, led by our very knowledgeable guide, Ed. Saw dolhins, many species of birds, but no manatees. They are around the area but the weather was pretty cool and I guess they were hiding out. It was the first kayaking my wife and I were able to go on and the trip was perfect for us as well as the more experienced in our small group. The entire Banana River is only about 3 feet deep and no currents to deal with. It was a great experience and one we hope to repeat in the future.

• National/State Park
    • Kayaking

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Gotta check out Ron Jon's

by tpangelinan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ron Jon's Cocoa Beach Main Office

This store is hugh and should be visited if you have the time. I've heard a lot about this store from the Travel Channel and Discovery Channel. I'm not a surfer but I'm willing to bet this is the place to be, it looks like they have every thing you could want and more!

• Surfing

• Kayak with manatee (eco-tour)

by meowdoc Updated Apr 4, 2010

my husband and me

Kayaking the Thousand Islands with Manatee, Dolphin, and many species of birds while in the heart of the tropical Mangroves.

We had a great time on this informative tour. Tim is passionate about animals and nature and sharing them with people but without causing disruption to their lives or habitat. This is a gentle kayak ride where you patiently wait for the animals to "accept" you in their area and comfortably swim around your kayak. We saw several manatee very close by and some right next to our kayak. Pelicans were diving and fishing all around. We saw several other birds (herons, egrets, etc) and paddled through a mangrove tunnel.

This is an eco tour designed for nature lovers.

• Kayaking
    • Whale Watching
    • Eco-Tourism

• doug48's Profile Photo

gambling

by doug48 Updated Feb 2, 2010

suncruz casino

port canaveral offers two boats that cruise out into the ocean for gambling trips. these boats offer las vegas style games such as black jack, craps, poker, and roulette. there are two casino companies that operate out of port canaveral, suncruz and sterling. check their websites for more information. an update, both suncruz and sterling casino ships have suspended operations do to the current economy but plan to reopen in the future. check their web sites for current information.

• Fishing
    • Casino and Gambling

• shohman's Profile Photo

Watch the sun rise

by shohman Updated Sep 22, 2009

One of the great things about being so close to the East coast of Florida is the sunrises. The are always different and often spectacular. It's a bit of a local custom for many Floridians to get up early and watch the sun rise. What a great way to start a day!

Helpful hint: Ventral Florida has a 24 hour local news channel, channel 13 which has weather updates every to minutes, including times for the sunrise/sunset

• cblzaccie's Profile Photo

Boat rental

by cblzaccie Updated Sep 13, 2009

Cocoa beach is a beach town, so you defiantly want to visit the ocean and what better way to see it than from a boat.
    there are several options for boat rentals, you can charter one with a captain or you can take a ride on one of the big fishing boats that hold 20-30 people of you can rent your own boat and explore yourself.

If you choose the last option be aware that the only boat rental place i found that had nice sized boats also reqired you to have prior boating experience so if you have never operated a boat before stick to one of the former options.

If you have experience then i recommend Florida Boat Lease. they have boats from about 20 feet all the way upto 33 feet in both pontoons, fishing boats and luxury cabin cruisers. You pay for the fuel you use but even then with rental prices from about $200 for a half day ( 4 hours ) all the way upto $600 for a top of the line cruiser for a whole day rental ( 9 hours ) that was equipped with just about every luxury possible its still a great deal, especially since you can take the whole family.

Wed had a great day we did some tubing, soem fishing and saw plenty of Dolphins around the boat. the weather was great and the water was about 80 degrees. we were glad that the boats had fish finders and gps on board as well as a 2 way radio so we could easily find our way around. The BBQ grill on the back was sure put to good use as well considering we have 3 hungry kids.

We liked that the boats had bathrooms on them and a cabin so the kids could get out of the sun, 9 hours is a long time for the little ones to be out without shade.

If you are in cocoa beach i defiantly recommend taking a boat out.

• Fishing
    • Cruise

• glomarrone's Profile Photo

"One of a Kind " Ron Jon Surf Shop - Cocoa Beach

by glomarrone Updated Apr 29, 2009

Ron Jon's Surf Shop - Can't Miss It!

A visit to Cocoa Beach is not complete unless you visit the world famous Ron Jon Surf Shop. Over 2 million visitors come through the door here every year. In fact, you can't miss it as you come into town. It is located right on A1A at SR 520. Look for a large brightly colored castle-shaped building with colors of the sea, beach and sky - blue, yellow orange and turquoise. Visit anytime you want - it is open 365 days a year - 24 hours a day. Best of all, the parking is free. The large 52,000 square foot store carrys everything you will need to enjoy the beach. Shop for resort wear, bikinis, surfing gear, boards and so much more. Pick up a souvenir of your vacation in Florida. If you forgot your suntan lotion they have it here, too. You friends back home would love a tee-shirt from here and so will you. Prices aren't cheap but the quality is high. Seek out 10 -15% off discount cards/ads at your hotel, a visitor's center or inside tourist area books. The store is on different levels. Kids and grownups alike will enjoy riding the glass elevator. There is even a waterfall inside. If you are lucky, you will catch some live entertainment. Schools, band groups and organizations are encourage to perform here either inside or outside the store. Ron Jons is very community oriented. It sponsors surfing contests & makes donations to deserving groups on a regular basis. By the way, if you want to try surfing or rent dive gear, ask about lessons and rental fees at the Watersports store just north of the main store. Ron Jon's is celebrating it's 50th anniversary in 2009. What a great time to visit the store. Come on down, the weather is fine.

• School Holidays
    • Water Sports

Satelite Beach

by easterntrekker Written Mar 24, 2009

We stayed near this beach and really enjoyed it . It's as nice as Cocoa Beach ( actually i think they are one in the same , this one is just a few miles south) but no crowds . If you want to take a quiet walk or have a peaceful beach day this is the one to pick.Lots of parking and its free.

• Hiking and Walking

Cocoa Beach

by easterntrekker Written Mar 24, 2009

I thought the beach would have brown sand , but in actual fact it is a golden colour ( looks more like brown sugar) . It's a world class beach ,only about an hour from Disney World , and not surprisingly ,a favorite with the Spring break crowd. Beach access in Cocoa can be found at the end of many streets that run to the ocean and there is lots of parking. The North end is a popular surfing spot.

• Surfing

Take a Walk along the Cocoa Village Marina

by easterntrekker Written Mar 24, 2009

We enjoyed strolling on the boardwalk at Cocoa Village Marina. I'm partial to water ...my seaside roots kick in, so if i'm not on the water looking ,at the water is the next best thing . Indian River Lagoon , with boats cruising to and fro lends itself to some great photo opportunities too.

Cocoa Village

by easterntrekker Written Mar 23, 2009

This is an old riverside community of Cocoa that is a joy to stoll . There are lots of little trendy shops , and restaurants . If you are into antiques this would be the place to head . Our first evening we walked here and it was pretty quiet as many of the shops were closed . It was great or window shopping though. The next morning it was alove with people.

Take a Virtual trip to Ancient Egypt

by easterntrekker Written Mar 13, 2009

I was really impressed with this "ride" . You sit is a space ship type vehicle and you are wisked along in a breathtaking fashion back in time to Ancient Eqypt. Will this be our travel method in the future????

Astronaut Hall of Fame

by easterntrekker Written Mar 13, 2009

This is a very interesting place to get an understanding of the history of space travel . With the help of video and displays you are led through the years of man's travel into Space. There are lots of interesing exhibits that will keep all ages entertained. If you are luckey eniugh to be there during a space launch fo the price of a $17.00 ticket you will also get to see a the lauch from the viewing area here , just 6 miles from the launch pad.

• Museum Visits

See A Space Launch

by easterntrekker Written Mar 13, 2009

Every now and then there is a chance to see Space Launch . We drove here from Englewood in hopes of seeing our first launch . Unfortunately the Launch was cancelled at the last minute due to tecnical problems . We had tickets for the Space Suttle Discovery STS 119 . There are various opportunities to see a launch around the Cocoa Beach area. We had planned to see it from the Astronaut Hall of Fame , but you could also see it from almost anywhere in the area.
    If you are planning on being in the area , check ahead to see if there is a launch scheduled.

• Study Abroad

• MisirluX3's Profile Photo

Ultimate Parasailing Adventure

by MisirluX3 Written Feb 19, 2009

Going parasailing has been on my bucket list for years. I finally got the chance to do it last summer with Cocoa Beach Parasail and absolutely loved it. Though a bit hesitant in the beginning my grandkids talked me into doing the highest flight they offer. The 800ft. I'm glad I did because since I was up higher I got to see the Kennedy Space Center and more of the coast. We also got to dolphins below us. I thought it was going to be scary but it was actually very relaxing and just plain beautiful. Captain Rusty and his mate did a great job on board. Made everyone feel very at ease. They even played great music. Nothing like listening to Jimmy Buffet while having the time of your life. I would highly recommend putting this on your list of things to do while in the Space Coast.

• Water Sports

Instant Answers: Cocoa Beach

Comments

Cocoa Beach Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Cocoa Beach things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cocoa Beach sightseeing.