Cocoa Beach Transportation

• Transportation
    by Foriano

Most Recent Transportation in Cocoa Beach

• lisa85202's Profile Photo

Hertz rent-a-car- cruise convenience!

by lisa85202 Written Jun 2, 2012

We couldn't decide how best to travel from Orlando to Port Canaveral, staying one night in Cocoa Beach prior to our cruise. We looked into shuttle buses of some sort, but they charge by the person, so it becomes quite expensive for four people. We used Hertz rent-a-car, for a one day rental prior to our cruise- and it's a good thing we did, since I missed my outbound flight, and my family had to wait for me to arrive. The Hertz rent-a-car in Cape Canaveral is on the same main drag street A1A as Cocoa Beach, just a mile or so from the cruise ship terminal. It was so convenient, and the folks working there were super nice. They have a shuttle where they will drive you to the cruise terminal. Highly recommend this place.

• evalynn's Profile Photo

Trolley service

by evalynn Updated Apr 4, 2011

Space Coast Area Transit (SCAT) .The service runs Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 9:00pm and on Sunday from 8:00am to 5:00pm from Port Canaveral to 13th Street in Cocoa Beach. A ride on the trolley costs $1.00 with a special rate of .50 for seniors, disabled and students. There is no charge for children under 5 or for transfers to fixed route bus service. Please have the exact fare ready when riding a bus/trolley. Drivers are not equipped to make change. Bikes and surfboards are welcome.

• Cocoa Beach to Orlando

by Foriano Updated May 12, 2006

A Full - Service Ground Transportation Company

Just 35 miles east of Orlando, you'll find 72 miles of pristine Atlantic beaches known as Florida's Space Coast. Along this impressive stretch of coastline, unspoiled nature preserves exist in perfect harmony with the space-age attractions of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Port Canaveral and the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame.

• Theme Park Trips

• Island Boat Outings

by Foriano Updated Apr 7, 2006

As we drove across the causeway we noticed a marina and thought we would stop to see what charters were available. At Sunset's Waterfront Bar & Cafe we found the pier that leads down to the boat charter dock. Someone from Massechusettes said hello to us and began a conversation, and before her guy could say anything, he recognized the boat captain as someone he knew from and earlier time in his life, and sauntered down the pier to say hello. He and his wife were offered a free late afternoon outing, and we checked out the tours and prices before we continued on to Cocoa Beach, which was our priority this day.

• lovinoz's Profile Photo

Not much public transport

by lovinoz Written Mar 1, 2006

I recommend having a rental car while in the Cocoa Beach area.

Public transport is pretty much non-existent except for SCAT which runs on a very limited schedule. Rob tried to use it and I think I remember that they didn't even stick to their schedules. The web link is below anyways if you choose to give it a try.

SCAT Vehicles - Cocoa Beach
    • Adventure Travel

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

Coach Trip

by DUNK67 Updated Aug 8, 2004

We went to Cocoa Beach on a coach trip from our hotel. It wasn`t a bad journey as the roads were mainly straight, but it was a little bit too long for me. There was a video shown on board, although I missed a lot of it as I kept falling asleep.

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

Brevard Zoo is located in east...

by cobrioc Updated Sep 19, 2002

Brevard Zoo is located in east central Florida,a short
    one hour drive from Orlando, and just east of Interstate 95 off exit 73. The Zoo sits 25 minutes from Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and 15 minutes from the beaches of Florida's Atlantic coast.

Instant Answers: Cocoa Beach

Comments

Cocoa Beach Transportation

Reviews and photos of Cocoa Beach transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cocoa Beach sightseeing.