Coral Gables Restaurants

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Garden Café: Fairchild Gardens

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bob's pita sandwich

We ate lunch at this little place which is one of the tram stops. The website says "Light lunches and cold drinks are available at the Garden Café daily from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Enjoy a snack under the sapodilla tree or observe the conservatory nursery through the large windows of the cafe"

We ate outside on a picnic table, observed by a chameleon.

When we came in 2007, you ordered at the window, and took a table marker (last photo) and they brought you the food when it was ready.

Favorite Dish: I had the quiche of the day for $4, which I think was spinach and cheese, and Bob probably had one of the sandwiches for $6-7.00.

Other possibilities would be:
    Oriental Mango Chicken Salad (Diced Grilled Chicken Breast with Mango, Marinated in Oriental Sesame Dressing, Served on Greens with Tomato, Cucumber, Spiced Almonds and Crunchy Noodles) $7.00

Café Cobb Mixed Baby Greens Topped with Grilled Chicken Breast, Grilled Portabella Mushroom, and Sweet Red Onion, with Crumbled Gorgonzola, Cucumber, Tomato, and Egg $7.00

Garden Salad Greens with Choice of Dressing, Egg, Tomato Wedges, Cucumber, and Sprouts $5.00

Add a scoop of chicken, tuna, or egg salad to a garden salad for $1.50

Extra Shot of Espresso $.50
    Add a Shot of Syrup $1.00

• Eco-Tourism

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Las Vegas: Cuban restaurant, Great value!

by KarenandCory Written Jun 15, 2008
    Las Vegas restaurant

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel's concierge. We enjoyed a fantastic meal at an incredible price. Our wallets would be the first to tell you-- we are not budget shoppers, especially when it comes to food. That being said, we were so amazed when we received our bill that we actually took a picture of the check! We ordered drinks, an enormous appetizer, dinner and dessert which were all of decent to excellent quality and our bill came to only $44. A stunning, highly-satisfying dining experience!

Favorite Dish: This was our first time trying Cuban food so I don't know how the food at Las Vegas compares. However, everything we had at Las Vegas was phenomenal and the value is incredible! One of our favorites was the Lechon Asado- Roast Pork.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Gourmet Gourmet: Great Chinese Take-Out (& Delivery)

by rmdw Updated Mar 22, 2007
    Won Ton Soup and 2 Egg Rolls

Visiting from Vancouver, a mecca for Chinese food, I had a craving for some food like back home. So I did some research and came across Gourmet Gourmet. A strange name for an Asian restaurant but I gave them a try and am glad I did!

It's a true "hole in the wall", which I mean in a good way. It has very limited seating, in fact it's just a table along the wall. So 99% of their business must be take-out and delivery. In the kitchen there was a very animated older Chinese man cooking away. It might be worth it to stay there just to watch him at work!

Favorite Dish: I ordered Shrimp Won Ton Soup, 2 Egg Rolls, Chicken Lo Mein, and Beef with Chinese Vegetables. The first two were decent, the last quite good, and the Chicken dish absolutely excellent! In fact, Lo Mein is often cooked so much that it resembles the dry straw used to make baskets! These Lo Mein noodles were closer to spaghetti, albeit with a definite Chinese flavour. Very, very good!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Biltmore Hotel: Sunday Brunch at the Biltmore

by goingsolo Updated Dec 25, 2004

Biltmore Hotel

If you've never done Sunday brunch at the Biltmore, you've got to try it. The hotel itself is beautiful and one of Coral Gables' landmarks. Personally, I don't care for the hotel's main restaurant, but brunch at the Biltmore is one of the best. The entire outdoor patio area is covered with separate buffet tables with everything from breakfast foods such as omeletes, bagels, etc. to sushi, smoked fish, fresh seafood, caviar, sandwiches, salads, etc. There is a whole separate table for desserts which should not be skipped. Make sure you're hungry if you come here.

Reservations are highly recommended as this brunch fills up, especially on the holidays and the "high season" aka wintertime in South Florida. There are 2 seatings- 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Request a table on the outdoor courtyard if you're here during this time of year when the weather is usually pleasant. In the event of rain, always a possibility here, tables are covered by umbrellas and will be moved underneath the building with little or no interruption.

Brunch at the Biltmore is pricey, but worth it. I don't know the exact cost as its been a couple of years since I've been there, but its somewhere around $45 per person. I'd recommend calling to find out as the price increases periodically.

Favorite Dish: Everything. I know that's not helpful, but its honest.

• Spa and Resort
    • Luxury Travel

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Texas Taco Factory: Eat In or Take Out

by grandmaR Written Aug 24, 2004

My dinner

This is a restaurant which has mostly Spanish speaking clients and workers. I took my camera out of the camera case and left it on the bench seat in the restaurant. I could not get it back because the the place was closed on Monday. The take-out menu says it is open 9 am to 11 pm Sunday to Wednesday, and 9 am to 4 am Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

They do breakfasts, and they have beer. There are two of these restaurants - this one and one in Miami Beach.

Favorite Dish: I don't know what I had. They have fajitas, quesadillas, tacos, taco salads, burritos, and nachos.

A soft taco platter $4.99 (which is what Bob probably had), cheese enchilaa $5.29, Texas Super Sampler $6.29, wet burrito or chicken mole, flautas or chimichango fajita $6.29 each.

Instant Answers: Coral Gables

Comments

Coral Gables Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coral Gables restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coral Gables sightseeing.