Dade City Restaurants

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo

Cafe Kokopelli's: The Non-Creepy Parts of Being Southern

by sarahjayn Written May 26, 2005

Kokopelli's Logo

Kokopelli's is a very hip place for being in Dade City. The food is actually good and available in non-deep-fried versions. In fact, I don't think there's one thing on the menu with "country gravy" (that white blubbery stuff that has mystery black spots and runs in the veins of each Dade Citian).
    Don't get me wrong - it's still what I would call a Southern place, but the charming non-Conferate-flag-waving South. Though, there are quite a lot of dead animals on the wall, but the atmosphere is generally pretty relaxing. I would describe it as pretty New Orleans - like, the historical nice part not the "Man, what happened to my liver, yo?" part. Though, Kokopelli's does feature a full bar.

Favorite Dish: My favorite thing from this place hands down is the Fried Green Tomato Salad. It's awesome.

• JuliWarfel's Profile Photo

A Matter of Taste: A Matter of Taste

by JuliWarfel Written Oct 4, 2002

A Matter of Taste is a family owned business with a fun atmosphere in the heart of Historic Down Town Dade City

Favorite Dish: I like the Cuban sandwiches with blackbeans and rice. I know, you can get a Cuban anywhere but these are AMAZING and the atmosphere is really neat

Instant Answers: Dade City

Comments

Dade City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dade City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dade City sightseeing.