Daytona Beach Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Daytona Beach

Sloppy Joe's: Sloppy Joe's

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Ate at Sloppy Joe's with the kids at Daytona Beach. It was really good. I ordered the conch fritters for the table, the kids have never tried them before and they liked them. Joshua got the FRESH CATCH OF THE DAY (cute dish), Noelle got the Shrimp Alfredo Pasta, Brandy chose the Chicken Parmesan, and I opted to get the Cayo Chicken Wrap with Cuban Yellow Rice and Black Beans...OMG..delicious...I haven't had food this good since the trip to San Juan last March.
    It was great food! Priced moderately for the large portions and we had our usual drink order, unsweetened tea with lemon/lime (me), cola for Joshua, and lemonade for the girls..it was very good!!!
    Highly recommend to all.....

• Beer Tasting

New York Pizza the Originial: New York Pizza the Originial

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

I walked into this little Pizza Cafe located diagonally acrossed from my hotel the Boardwalk Inn and Suites to grab a slice or two, while my kids got Subway. I ordered two slices of pepperoni and Jalapeno peppers,. and took it back to the room to each.
    It was pretty good..I have had better and I have had worse.
    The place was sort of a dive inside, glad I opted to eat in my room.
    I would eat there again, if craving pizza and nothing else was open..but I wouldn't seek it out on purpose..

Joe's Crab Shack: Joe's Crab Shack

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

We walked up to the Pier from our Hotel in Daytona Beach to enjoy dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. It was a short walk from our hotel Boardwalk Inn Oceanfront hotel. Was there for dinner on August 15th, 2012 with my children Noelle Teel, and Joshua Hunt and his girlfriend, Brandy Freshour....It was busy but we were seated almost instantly, although I would have preferred a window seat with a view, it was too busy to be picky or wait for it to open up.

We ordered some seafood and Brandy decided on Chicken (she doesnt like seafood) and we ordered Iced Teas and Joshua ordered soda.
    The food was decent, I have had better and I have had worse...but I would not go back there on purpose..as a guest of someone I would go but not for the price of myself making the payment.
    Would I eat there again!!!
    Yes in the futrure

• Beer Tasting

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Dustin's Barbeque - Port Orange, south of Daytona

by Ewingjr98 Written Feb 21, 2012

Dustin's is a good local barbecue restaurant with five locations around Daytona Beach, including the restaurant where we ate, located in Port Orange. We stopped in, hoping for a quick, cheap and tasty lunch, and Dustin's didn't disappoint.

We started with big glasses of sweat tea (with free refills), then we all ordered off the lunch menu. Two of us had ribs, the other had a sandwich. I had the Saint Louis ribs, which were tender, but maybe slightly overcooked and a bit dry. The sauces on the table fixed the problem of slightly dry meat, and I enjoyed both the mild and the spicy. The $9 rib lunch had four ribs, baked beans, and a choice of sides.

Dustin's is located right off I-95 in Port Orange, just three miles south of the Daytona International Speedway. Easy access to the highway; good for travelers.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse

by Ewingjr98 Written Feb 21, 2012

BJ's is a brewery and restaurant with a great location, just across the street from Daytona International Speedway. We arrived on a race day, during practice, and the restaurant was surprisingly not busy.

We started with beers; I had the Abby Normal, and Laura decided on the Jeremiah Red. The Abby is a seasonal double ale, traditionally brewed by Trappist Monks in Belgium. This is a fairly strong (6.6% ABV) brown ale, with slight bitterness, medium body, and a distinct fruitiness. The Jeremiah Red is an Irish Red ale, 7.3% ABV, made from a blend of specialty malts.

For lunch I had the fish tacos, which were great and cheap. They are made with a fried piece of fish, wrapped in a tortilla with chipotle mayonnaise, Santa Fe dressing, Napa cabbage, carrots, red onions and cilantro. Served with tortilla chips, avocado cream sauce and tomato salsa. A really good lunch for about $6.

BJ's began in California in 1978 as a pizza joint, and by 1996 it had slowly expanded to seven restaurants, all in California. That's when they opened the first BJ's Brewhouse, and they have since expanded to well over 100 locations across the US. BJ's is a publicly traded company.

The Stock Exchange: Municipal Marina Restaurant

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Fried cheesecake

When we got to Daytona (spring 2004) we called our friend Charlie who was at Caribbean Jacks. He was going to come over and take us to a restaurant. But his car was blocked in (by patrons of the restaurant at his marina), so he rode his motorcycle over to our marina and met us at this restaurant which was brand new and had just opened.

We ate out on the patio, which was a little chilly later on (the photo of us that I took in the mirror is in the collage)

Favorite Dish: I had the Queens Cut prime rib (lower left of collage) for $15.95. It came with a garden salad, rice (which I had) or garlic mashed potatoes and vegetable. Bob had the Exchange Caeser salad with shrimp ($10.95), and Charlie had the pan seared salmon ($15.95). I had fried cheesecake for dessert ($4.95). Iced tea or coke was $1.95@

Service was a little disconnected, but they had only been open for 2 or 3 days. They have live music and dancing.

The bill for the three of us without the tip or Charlie's drink was $57.14.

• School Holidays
    • Sailing and Boating

Caribbean Jacks: A Fish Tank Too

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Collage of fish tank and food views

This restaurant has been built since we last stayed at this marina, and it is BIG and popular. They have had to put in reserved spaces for the boaters, otherwise they'd have no place to park. Charlie, our friend whose boat is here gets free food for taking care of the fish tanks (collage in the picture), so he brought us over in his truck. He figured there wouldn't be as many people here since it was rainy and nasty out - particularly there wouldn't be many motorcyclists out.

Even so the restaurant was quite crowded and busy. The fish tank was at the entrance and you could see through it to the kitchen. There was also a window at the far end looking out onto and across the river.

Favorite Dish: Bob had a half rack of ribs, I had teriyki chicken (in the inset) and Charlie had the salmon special. He paid with his free meal card, so I don't know exactly what the total was. The special on the entrance board was Tilapia (fish) for $17.95.

• School Holidays

• OCEAN DECK: AMAZING ATMOSPHERE

by ka23 Written Jan 30, 2010

Ocean Deck is a wonderful restraunt. It is full of kind helpful workers and has an amazing nightlife. Its the only place that you can go to and dance and drink until 3 in the morning. Topped off by having a wonderful location with a great view of the ocean, I would recommend it to anyone

Favorite Dish: The food is AMAZING!! I enjoyed the chicken sandwich I had, which was made JUST RIGHT!!

• The Ocean Deck: Dont miss the best food and fun in daytona

by DaytonaBreaker88 Written Jan 30, 2010

The Ocean Deck has incredible Seafood, but also anything someone who doesnt like seafood would enjoy. My husband doesnt eat fish but he comes back every year for the ribs!

Favorite Dish: RASTA CHICKEN! They have a signature hot sauce thats so good, I go to the gift shop online and order some to be delievered to my house when im cooking at home!

AMAZING sushi!!!!

• Taste of the Tropics: Authentic Jamaican food near the speedway

by grubbab Written Aug 26, 2009

This is a family owned restaurant, The cook is from Jamaica and makes outstanding jerked pork and chicken-extremely spicy! The atmosphere is nothing to write home about, but don't let that scare you. The food and the people make the place. Best fried porkchops and chicken in town.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Oxtail. Super tender morsels of beef in a gravy that makes you want to lick the plate. And don't forget the ginger beer!

• Barnacles Restaurant and Lounge: Outstanding Service and Food!

by rjohnsonguffin Updated Mar 28, 2008

We were first time visitors and chose this by chance. From start to finish this was an outstanding choice. The service was wonderful with the server not shy about making great recommendations. I had the Lobster Lasagna and it was out of this world. It was early and we had a chance to watch another server help an elderly couple. He took his time and I was totally impressed with his kindness. A great combination of service and food!

Favorite Dish: Lobster lasagna

• Seniors

• La Crepe En Haut: What Were They Thinking?

by Zyven Written Jun 9, 2007

LC&H is a beautiful, relaxing restaurant with genuine professional service although its second floor location and its tastefully discreet signage make it somewhat difficult to access. They don't read or answer their email, but we were greeted by name even though it was our first visit in many years. Beautiful flowers and appointments, but I don’t care much for the music which was somewhat frantic jazz. If you like to listen to jazz that’s fine, but I personally don’t feel that it is conducive to good digestion. The mussels with Pernod were fabulous and it was impossible to leave even a drop of the delicious broth. But the entrees were not up to the same standard. The green peppercorn filet mignon was cooked perfectly medium rare as ordered, but was not prime meat. The menu did not say that it would be prime, but I feel that a restaurant of this quality and reputation should serve nothing but prime beef. The veal was somewhat tough and overdone and seemed to have been pre-cooked. The salad would have been fine if they had not used pale, tasteless, pre-cut and oiled, boxed tomato wedges. If good tomatoes are not available it would be better to serve none--or if you must have some red color, use grape tomatoes. The desserts seemed to have been brought in and would have been only ordinary except that COOL WHIP was used. Yes, I said COOL WHIP--in a French restaurant! They even admitted it. For heaven’s sake, if real whipped cream is too much trouble, use Reddi-Whip. But COOL WHIP? Please! The final nail in the coffin is that this whole affair took a full two and one-half hours (there were only two other tables being served and we were a party of two!). The explanation was that it was a Thursday and the regular weekend kitchen crew was not working. So, we will go back for a weekend trial. But how can you excuse COOL WHIP and pale, tasteless, pre-cut and oiled, boxed tomato wedges? What were they thinking?

Favorite Dish: Mussels and Pernod

• sweetgurl6973's Profile Photo

Bubba Gumps Shrimp Shack: Do You Love Forrest Gump?

by sweetgurl6973 Written May 28, 2007

Delicious and fun....if you liked the movie Forrest Gump, you should visit this theme restaurant on your next visit to Daytona Beach. I believe there are a few others out there in different cities as well.

Favorite Dish: The crab cakes are amazing...and they come in a great little silver pail instead of on a platter. Really adds to the experience of the restaurant.

• Beaches

Park's Seafood: Moved

by grandmaR Updated Feb 17, 2007

Parks Restaurant Entrance

Parks has apparently moved to Holly Hill. When we went by January 15, 2005, this sign was across the door. But now their website says that they have moved.

When we were at Caribbean Jacks, their restaurant wasn't finished yet. So we set out to walk to a nearby restaurant. After figureing out how to negotiate on foot under the bridge access, we ended up at Parks. We went back the next two nights with our friends.

We found out later that Parks is normally closed between Thanksgiving and Christmas and decided to change for this week. But most people thought it would be closed and didn't come. So that meant we could get right in. Otherwise there are long lines because it is so popular.

Favorite Dish: This is a family owned and operated restaurant which offers a large variety of fresh fish, shrimp, scallops, lobster, crab, gator tail and much more. (There's a landlubber menu too). It was located on the Halifax River just past the new fixed Seabreeze bridge. It is normally a very busy bustling and sometimes noisy place.

We got the early bird special and the two of us ate including tea, dessert and tips for between $24 and $32.

The restaurant is open 6 days a week,
    Tuesday through Sunday at 4:00 PM.
    Early Bird Specials from 4:00 to 5:00 PM/
    Prices Range from $7.95 to $10.95

• KFC/Taco Bell: Colonel Sanders Thinks Outside the Bucket

by Grundlestiltzkin Updated Jan 17, 2007

Although some die hard Kentucky Fried Chicken fans may think Colonel Sanders was rolling over in his grave, I think he was doing the worm when the aptly named Yum! Brands, Inc. began to co-brand KFC and Taco Bell storefronts. Colonel Sanders is clearly the parent of this lovechild, and it is clear that the Colonel’s Mexican maid was doing more than just cleaning the pressure cooker. These two got together, and got it right. The Colonel took his eleven herbs and spices south of the border while the missus was out, and I hope he never comes back. I mean, where else can you conjure the perfect meal under one roof? Nowhere. Tacos and Fried Chicken go together like all of the other great health foods of the world, like Ice Cream and Cake, Coffee and Donuts, and Spam and Eggs. But, what else would you expect from the company that brought you Long John Silver’s? That’s right, the Colonel’s been hangin’ out with the Pirate, and a perfect storm of fast food goodness is about to converge over the culinary world. So let’s cross our fingers and hope that soon Capt. Silver’s world renowned Fish Planks and hush puppies will appear alongside our other favorites, like Popcorn Chicken, the Double Decker Taco, and Famous Bowls. The food Gods will certainly be smiling on us then.

Favorite Dish: For an appetizer, I recommend a six-pack of Soft Taco Supremes with a six-pack of Biscuits. For an entrée, I recommend a bucket of Extra Crispy and a Seven-Layer Burrito. Then, you wash it all down with a 52 oz. Mountain Dew. But, save room for dessert, becuase we mustn’t forget about the Chaco Taco. “What is a Chaco Taco?” you ask. According to the not-so-Mexican producer of this delectable delight, Klondike, it is “artificially flavored fudge rippled reduced fat vanilla ice cream, a taco shell cone, milk chocolate flavored coating and crunchy peanuts,” which in technical terms makes it a Nutty Buddy shaped like a Taco. BRILLIANT!!! The chocolate “flavored” coating drapes perfectly over the taco-shaped waffle cone, and only hints at the divine swirl of flavor inside. With each bite, the faux fudge ripple rips through your soul as the reduced fat vanilla ice cream plays your heart strings like Liberace. Like the KFC/Taco Bell combo, the ice-cream/taco combo hits the mark dead on. I have seen the future, and it is Mexican infused!!!

Instant Answers: Daytona Beach

Comments

Daytona Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Daytona Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Daytona Beach sightseeing.

View all Daytona Beach hotels