Daytona Beach Warnings and Dangers

• doug48's Profile Photo

crime statistics

by doug48 Written Mar 3, 2010
    florida state prison

for the most part daytona beach is a very safe place to visit for the tourist. there are some high crime area of daytona beach which you should avoid. to see crime statistics by area seach daytona beach on the attached website.

• Watch where you lay your blanket

by travelgem1 Written May 8, 2007

Motorized vehicles allowed on beach. Don't be fooled if you are in an area that doesn't allow cars - you still have beach patrol, ice cream vendors, etc. Nothing like the roar of a car rushing inches away from your head as you sleep on the beach to make you jump up and drag the blanket significant distance away.

Watch yourself and your stuff. There is the occasional panhandler asking for money for whatever reasons, real or made up.

Simple to handle - Just Say No.

Time shares - no one bothered me about that but I saw quite a number of storefronts selling these things.

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo

Girls Gone Retarded

by sarahjayn Written Jun 3, 2005

Yeah, sweetie . . . it's cold!

Daytona Beach is friggin crazy during Spring Break. Personally, I don't like it. I mean, if I wanted to stand next to some guy who says things like, "Dude, my balls are huge!" while holding up two beach balls and then laughs like an idiot, I would visit some sort of special home for people like that. Also, the feminist movement gets knocked back about forty paces with every nipple that hardens during a wet t-shirt contest.
    Also, the traffic and crowds and prices (merchants / hotel owners can smell spoiled college kids a mile away, everything's more expensive this time of year) are TERRIBLE. If I were you, I'd go some other time (not Indy 500 time, that's just as bad). You'll have a better, safer, cheaper time.

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

Don't be overcharged!!!

by tatyanap Written May 2, 2005

There is a pizzeria at 615 Seabreeze Blvd called King's Pizza. Last time we ate there, the owner's wife did not know how to process my credit card transaction and I WAS CHARGED THREE TIMES!!! When I got back home and discovered their error, MasterCard immediately canceled two of the charges. Believe it or not, the owner wanted to dispute the error!!!

I have to say that pizza was pretty good, though. Just don't use your credit card!

• Business Travel

• beachcomberT's Profile Photo

Hurricane aftermath

by beachcomberT Written Jan 22, 2005

Daytona Beach was battered by 3 of the 4 hurricanes of 2004. As of January 2005, several of our major oceanfront hotels are still undergoing major repairs. If you are making reservations, ask specific questions about the condition of your hotel. Accommodations away from the beach are generally OK. The beach itself suffered major erosion and some sections are not as drive-able as before. Official tourism web sites for the Daytona area tend to paint an overly rosy picture, so be careful.

• Motorcycle
    • Beaches
    • School Holidays

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo

Police Are Out and About

by jadedmuse Written Mar 20, 2004

Actually, it's a nice feeling to see the Police around Bike Week. Not that I've ever seen a fight break out or anything that made me feel my life was in danger.

For the most part, these bikers come in peace and love and don't have any inclination for getting into trouble with the law.

Be assured that it's a perfectly safe environment at Bike Week. Enjoy yourself!

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo

Wear Your Helmet!

by jadedmuse Written Mar 20, 2004

Sadly, legislation was passed in Florida whereby you are no longer required by law to wear a helmet.

I don't have the statistics to corroborate what I suspect must be a resulting increase in fatalities, but whenever I see riders without helmets, I think "donor-cycle" instead of "motorcycle".

Thankfully we see two responsible individuals here wearing their DOT approved helmets.

After all, this passenger's torso may be torn to shreds - but hey, her head will be protected.

Good thinking.

• aBBuso's Profile Photo

Strange laws...

by aBBuso Written Dec 6, 2003

Attention on the public roads with the cans of beer! It's a federal crime and the Police arrests you! For me, for any italian guys, it's a ***, in USA the law allows you to buy a gun to shot someone without problems... BUT u have to drink within your house...

• Daytona_Info's Profile Photo

In recent times, Daytona...

by Daytona_Info Written Aug 26, 2002

In recent times, Daytona Beach, has recieved alot of bad publicity, concerning shark bites. Actually, there are alot of sharks, however, they mostly stay away from our swimmers. Most of our bites occour close to the piers (Sun Glow/Main Street). I believe this may be attributed to the fact that people fishing of the pier, drop fish parts & bait into the water. This excites the sharks, and the rest is a visit to the hospital. So don't be afraid to swim in the ocean, just don't swim to close to the piers.

• Dont listen to that Dumba--...

by squawkin1200 Written Aug 24, 2002

Dont listen to that Dumba-- about the sharks. The chances of you gettin bit are low. Worry more about rip currents and lightning. SWIM NEAR A LIFEGUARD!!! ALWAYS!!! THIS PART OF THE OCEAN IS KNOWN FOR DANGEROUS CURRENTS!!! Every year we have at least a couple drownings.

Lightning- Central florida is the lightning strike capital of the world. If on the beach seek shelter in your car or hotel. Listen to the LIFEGUARDS!!!

Instant Answers: Daytona Beach

Comments

Daytona Beach Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Daytona Beach warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Daytona Beach sightseeing.

View all Daytona Beach hotels