Built in 1908 with a recessed store entry and plate glass display windows, this building was built for Victor Fountain by J. T. Cairns, and early DeLand settler and builder. Fountain paid $10,000 to Cairns to construct this building with classical influences, a flat roof and a decorative cornice along the front of the building. Fountain ran advertisements to entice customers to come and see the newest ideas in fall and winter woolens.
This building was constructed in 1887 and was one of the first brick commericial buildings constructed after the fire. It has a gabled roof.
Charles Miller, an early settler operated a drygoods or hardware store. Miller also sold feed and seed and served as the Clyde Line Steamship Company's agent with an office in the rear of the building. In 1925, Bert Fish, attorney and politician bought the building from Miller for $150,000.00