Destin Sports & Outdoors

Regatta Bay Golf Course

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Destin

• Great Fishing

by Aliseeya Updated Dec 13, 2005

I'm not much of a fisherman, but the fishing in Destin is fantastic. There are many places which offer chartered fishing tips, so there's lots to choose from. Every year they have the Destin Fishing Rodeo -- sponsored by A.J.'s. There is also a Bass Pro Shop located in the Destin Commons -- which is the ultimate toystore for any outdoorsman!

While I don't really go fishing, I have been fishing a couple of times in Destin off of the jetties. Sadly, I didn't catch a thing and quickly gave up, but my husband caught some nice-sized fish.

Regatta Bay Golf Course

by myrtle Updated Mar 13, 2005
    Regatta Bay

I don't play golf myself, but my Dad & brother go about 2 or 3 times every year when we're in Destin. Destin is a great place for golfers. I understand the golf courses are just beautiful. This is the place my Dad played at this year. He said there was water on every hole & it was a challenging course.

• Golf

by myrtle Written May 28, 2004
    Wave runners

I've never actually tried it, but you can rent these wave runners while you're out on the beach. This year there was a place right next to our hotel where you could rent the wave runners & take them out for what I believe they said was $50 for a half hour & $80 for a full hour. According to their sign they also do dolphin excursions. One of the guys that worked for the place renting them kept going out & riding them himself. I suppose he was trying to round up some business.

Equipment: They supply the life jackets & wave runners.

• Beaches
    • Water Sports

Parasailing

by myrtle Updated Feb 9, 2004
    Parasailing in Florida

We went parasailing once when we went to Destin. I'd never done it before, but I really want to go again. It was much more relaxing than I thought it would be. I'm not a big fan of heights, but when you are on your way up from the back of the boat it's a rather smooth ride up there. It was nice, too, because I could see dolphins in the water below me.

• Water Sports
    • Beaches
    • Adventure Travel

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

GILLIGAN'S Vatersport

by cobrioc Written Oct 16, 2002

Dolphin Tours, Waverunners, Parasailing, Pontoon, Jet Boats

Equipment: Featuring rentals on pontoon boats, jet boats
    and ski boats. Snorkelling gear, ski tubes, water skis, fishing and crabbing equipment and bait also available on site.

Instant Answers: Destin

Comments

Destin Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Destin sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Destin sightseeing.