Fun things to do in Destin

• Destin East Pass - Nathaniel Bowitch Sunset Cruze
    Destin East Pass - Nathaniel Bowitch...
    by laurenzi1

Most Viewed Things to Do in Destin

• Danalia's Profile Photo

A long weekend to rest

by Danalia Updated Dec 20, 2010

We rented a residence in Santa Rosa , destin, florida, For a whole weekend.
    We were there 8 people, together with three teens,
    The house was beutifull. Rigt on the beach.
    Residence was the perfect solution cause we cooked our dinners, and it was holiday time, so it made us feel like family.....(but not too much...:)

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Gulf Islands National Seashore

by richiecdisc Written May 2, 2009

Not exactly the most known of the National Park/Seashores we visited on our most recent trip around the US but certainly one of the more surprising ones. In fact, not only did we not plan to come here but had never heard of it. We were happy our barman at McGuire's in nearby Destin, FL told us about it. We didn't have much time but it was time well spent with some beach combing and catching a glorious sunset.

• National/State Park

• doug48's Profile Photo

grayton beach state park

by doug48 Written Apr 14, 2009

located about 15 miles east of destin is grayton beach state park. grayton beach is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the state of florida. grayton beach state park offers fishing, swimming, and camping. see the attached web site for more information.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• doug48's Profile Photo

off shore fishing

by doug48 Written Apr 14, 2009

the destin-fort walton area is famous for it's excellent off shore fishing. depending on the time of the year you can catch sailfish, marlin, dolphin, tuna, and sharks. you can also reef fish for grouper and snapper. pictured is the marina at destin harbor where you can charter an off shore fishing trip.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• tampa_shawn's Profile Photo

Baytowne Adventure Zone

by tampa_shawn Updated Oct 5, 2008

Visit or stay at Baytowne Warf

Hotel Resort, nature center, shops, restaurants...a destination in itself

There is also the Baytowne Adventure Zone

* Zip Line - $18
    * Eurobungy - $12
    * Ropes course - $12
    * Tree climb - $6
    * Baytowne Tug Boats - $3 (per ride)

Hours of operation :
    Daily 5pm-10pm
    Zip line opens at 3:00pm
    Tug Boats daily 9am - 10pm

For more information about Baytowne Adventure Zone, call 850-428-2736 or click to to make reservations to stay at the Village of Baytowne Wharf, Florida

• tampa_shawn's Profile Photo

Action on Blackwater River

by tampa_shawn Written Sep 9, 2008

This is definitely something the locals do (and is actually outside of Destin)

Canoeing, tubing or kayaking on the Blackwater River.
    The average depth of the river is 2 1/2 to 3 feet with some deep eddies. The sparkling white sands of Blackwater River provide fantastic sparkling white sandbars that will invite you to sit back relax and enjoy a picnic.

Blackwater is the purest river in the state of Florida. Listed fourth purest in the United States. The tea-colored waters are from the tannins in the leaves that drop into the river. The river flows down through the State Forest past pristine white sandbars that are surrounded by cedar, cypress, juniper and pine.

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Racing Like Fools

by BigBlueOne Written Jul 16, 2008

We went here with my sister's family (niece, nephew, etc.). We raced on two of their tracks, one of which was definitely very cool, the other was more for the younger kids. They also had some bungee stuff and a very nice putt putt course.

They have 2 for 1 tickets as long as you buy them before 1 PM so if you get there early you can have a good time fairly cheap.

• Theme Park Trips

• Azonie's Profile Photo

Harbor walk

by Azonie Written Mar 7, 2007

Around 5:00pm or so maybe a little later, all of the fishing boats start to come in with their catches. It's so fun to stand around and watch the fishermen/women hang up their catch of the day and take pictures. It's also so fascinating to see all of the birds that hang out down at the Marina because they all seem so unafraid of people. They just hang around and wait to get some "leftovers".

• Water Sports

• Azonie's Profile Photo

A short excursion on a sailing Schooner!

by Azonie Updated Mar 6, 2007

Wow was this FUN! I had NEVER been on anything like this before but I was ready to dive right in, in a manner of speaking that is. :-) My hubby was a little ambivalent though. He kept saying "you might get seasick". I think he forgot that HE is the one with the weak constitution though. ;-) Neither one of us wound up getting seasick so that was good. We just had a really fun time. If I remember correctly the ride was about 2 hours long but it went by really fast. They took us a really long ways out into the gulf to where we couldn't even see shore anymore. We didn't have to wear life jackets either which struck me as a little odd but I wasn't complaining since they didn't match my outfit anyway. :-)

The captain and his helper, I don't what they call them, were really nice and informative and they gave everyone something to drink from the cooler that they had on board..From beer to soda and that was included in the price. I think we paid 30-35.00 per person I can't remember now but I'm fairly certain that it wasn't much more then that.

While we were out to sea we saw a school of dolphins and that really excited me. LOL My husband kept trying to contain me but it wasn't working. :-)

When we headed back to the marina the sun setting was so beautiful through the few clouds that were hanging around, it was all just so serene. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

• Water Sports
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

• See Eric Stone live at Fudpuckers!!!

by BigWaveDave2006 Updated Mar 28, 2006

Eric Stone has been called the next Jimmy Buffett but he's way better than that. He has performed all over the world and Ive seen him in concert in 2 continents. Australia and Europe. But on my recent trip down to Destin I was blown away when I found out he lives here and performs a low key show at Fudpuckers. He is virtually unknown locally but famous in many circles worldwide. He spent some time talking to me and is a very nice guy. Do yourself a favor and check him out. He said he plays Wed and Thurs at Fud's during the season. He gave me a card with his website on it. It's http://www.boatsongs.com

If you like Buffett or Kenny Chesney go see him. You'll like his stuff.

• Music

• The Zoo

by Aliseeya Written Jan 24, 2006

Honestly, I was very disappointed with this zoo.

The zoo was very shabby and run-down. The animals were in cages/areas that seemed too small for them and were not well kept. Overall, I found it very depressing. It was clear that the zoo was lacking funds...

The only reason to go is to show a small child some exotic animals. They do have giraffes, gorillas, hippos, lions, tigers, bears, monkey, etc., so I'm sure a child would enjoy it very much. They have a train that goes around a "nature animal compound" with zebras, hippos, chimps, and gorillas, but again, it was very run-down. I went with my husband, and while we did have a good time, I would not recommend it unless you are bringing children.

• Destin Cinema

by Aliseeya Written Dec 15, 2005

The Destin Cinema is located off of Hwy 98, near Old Time Pottery. While it is less crowded and less expensive than Rave Motion Pictures, this is due to the fact that it's much older. The theaters are small, without stadium seating and the seats are less comfortable. Overall I only go to the Destin Cinema if their movie times are more convienent for my schedule -- otherwise I ALWAYS go to Rave. If you're on vacation, I would definently recommend going to Rave over the Destin Cinema.

• Dune Buggies and NASCAR Go-Carts

by Aliseeya Written Dec 13, 2005

On Hwy 98 there is a place where you can ride dune buggies around a track! It looks like a lot of fun, but I've never done it. They also gave go-carts -- each go-cart looks like a NASCAR racer. Great place for kids, especially if they are NASCAR fans!

• Rave Motion Picture

by Aliseeya Written Dec 13, 2005

This new and modern movie theater is located in the middle of the Destin Commons. It's facilites are very clean and nice: all theaters have comfy chairs and stadium seating. It gets very crowded on Friday and Saturday nights, so I would suggest coming a bit early to ensure good seats. Also, it's quicker to either pay for your tickets online, or use a credit card at the kiosk located at the front entrance. It will save you time and you'll avoid long lines at the ticket counter.

• Hurricane Lanes

by Aliseeya Written Dec 13, 2005

This bowling alley is the best in the Destin area. It has been recently remodeled and has 26 lanes, all equipped with touch-screen scoring systems. On friday and saturday nights they feature live D.J.'s, and they have a Pro shop, Cafe, and a full-liquor bar.

Bowling is a fun family activity, and Hurricane Lanes has a very upbeat atmosphere. In addition, it is much cleaner than most bowling alley's I've been to.

Destin Hotels

Embassy Suites Destin Miramar Beach
TOPS'L Beach & Racquet Resort - Tides
Latest: Mar 22, 2014

Instant Answers: Destin

Comments

Destin Things to Do

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Destin locals.
Map of Destin