Fernandina Beach Restaurants

View of the old buolding from 1878

Most Recent Restaurants in Fernandina Beach

Palace Saloon: Rowdy late night pub

by grandmaR Written Feb 22, 2004

During the morning - when closed

I have gone by this place many times and have never gone in to eat. I looked it up on the website because I had a picture of it, and the first pictures I found were of a fire. I do not know when the fire was.

Favorite Dish: Website says: "Florida’s oldest saloon, where sea captains and the Cumberland elite once enjoyed the hospitality and good cheer. Meet your friends in a rich historic setting to partake of your favorite spirits in a casual, jovial atmosphere. The menu includes shrimp, burgers, sandwiches and wings, and live entertainment is often featured. Open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m."

• School Holidays
    • Beer Tasting

Crab Trap: Interesting decor

by grandmaR Updated Jul 10, 2003

Back of the resturant from dock area

Has an actual crab trap hanging in the ceiling, and other interesting items. The food is good and interesting.

Favorite Dish: We walked up to the Crab Trap for dinner. I had oyster stew (forgetting that milk sometimes doesn't agree with me) and a salad, and cheese grits, which turned out to be cheese sticks, but with a batter of grits. Bob had an au gratin seafood dish which was too rich for him to eat more than half of. The food was quite reasonable in price.

• Cruise

Brett's Waterway Cafe, Inc.: Waterfront Cafe

From the waterfront in 2007

We ate here twice. It is very, very busy and is not open in the middle of the afternoon or on Thanksgiving. This restaurant is right on the water with a deck outside, and there is a very expensive souvenier shop on the street side.

The first time we came through we didn't eat here at all because we arrived (hungry) at about 2 and they were closed, and at dinner time there was a big waiting line.

On the way back north in the spring of 2001 we went for dinner as soon as the place opened, and liked it and we thought we got an early bird special which was a good price and that the food was good.

Favorite Dish: When we got there in the fall of 2001 we did the same- went very early for dinner. We were unhappy to discover that the place wasn't open on Thanksgiving and they were pretty dismissive about our feeling that as a tourist town they needed to be ready to feed people on holidays. They got all high and mighty about letting their people have time with their families.

They also said they never had early bird specials. This time, we thought the food overpriced and not as good as we remembered. We got prime rib again and it was very fatty. Dinner for two was $44.33

• School Holidays
    • Luxury Travel

• BRETTS WATERWAY CAFETHIS...

by FEMPYREFREAK Written Aug 24, 2002

BRETTS WATERWAY CAFE
    THIS RESTAURANT SITS AT THE BASE OF CENTRE STREET AT THE FERNANDINA DOCKS.. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL LOCATION TO RELAX INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THE RESTAURANT AND CHILL WITH FRIENDS...
    THE BEAUTIFUL ATMOSPHERE, SURROUNDED BY THE WATER AND THE NUMEROUSE BOATS

Favorite Dish: EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, BUT ONE OF MY FAVORITES IS THE SHRIMP CEASAR SALAD

• Katmosphere's Profile Photo

Brett's Waterway Cafe: Eat by the sea

by Katmosphere Written May 12, 2006

This is a great place to go sit by the water and eat. And it helps that the food is GREAT!!

Favorite Dish: I had the Pan Roasted Local Grouper. yummmmm. It was in a citrus crab vinaigrette.

Amelia Island Deli: Side Street

by grandmaR Written Feb 22, 2004

Sign at night

I took this picture because I thought it looked interesting. I appears to be a fairly new place, but I haven't eaten here.

Florida House: Family style eating

Florida House

This is a bed and breakfast which also serves dinner to people that are not guests. The service is family style at big tables with a limited menu - the food is good, there is something for everyone.

Instant Answers: Fernandina Beach

Comments

Fernandina Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fernandina Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fernandina Beach sightseeing.

View all Fernandina Beach hotels