Fernandina Beach Restaurants

View of the old buolding from 1878

Most Recent Restaurants in Fernandina Beach

Who's On Fourth: Open on Thanksgiving

by grandmaR Updated Aug 23, 2004

My sister and BIL ate here twice (without us) and styled it a 'good but pricey' restaurant. I guess they wouldn't have gone back had they not liked it.

There is an early bird special - 25% off your bill when you are seated by 6:45. But there is a $6 plate charge for shared entrees.

There is live classical/jazz guitar Friday/Saturday/Sunday. There is both a dining room and a screened porch

Favorite Dish: My sister sent me a menu, and checked off the following items that they had which she said were very good:

Appetizers:
    Crab Cake Confit mixed with herbs and sauteed golden brown with savory onion $6.95

Vegetarian Black Bean Soup Cuban influenced topped with fresh sour cream $2.95

Entrees:
    Crisp Sweet Diver Scallops, brocolli, lime rissotto cake, orange scented broth and fried leeks $22.95

Seafood Medley, sauteed shrimp, mussels and scallops simmered with oven roasted tomatoes, herbs and jumbo cous-sous in a savory broth $23.95

Vegetarian black bean cakes, grilled seasonal vegetables, lingine, chef's marinara served with Parmesan cheese $16.95

They have specials each night, a children's menu, home-made desserts and they serve wine and beer.

BIL outside and part of dining room inside
    • Luxury Travel
    • Sailing and Boating

• Tio Loco's Fresh Mexican Grill: greatest mexican food in town

by islander1 Written May 2, 2004

Food is very authentic on flavor .great portions to $ value ,clean and FFaaasssttttt ,next to the movie theater owner and cooks are latin
    not too pricy ,burritos my favorite are over 1 pound
    they do most anything you want People say the owner and chef used to be a CHef at the Ritz Carlton it shows in the quality and friendlyness of the crew

Favorite Dish: quesadillas steak and the medium salsa is made with new york dtrip steak and u can see luis ,owner. roasting tomatos for the salsas the price under $7.00 whoahh fills u up and it tastes great

• zrim's Profile Photo

Beech Street Grill: Great Southern Cuisine

by zrim Written Apr 7, 2004

First class all the way. Attentive wait-staff, attractive dining room, superb menu. This is the place for a special meal if you find yourself in Fernandina Beach.

Becky had the crab-stuffed shrimp with a Tasso ham (redeye) gravy served with cheese grits and greens. the gravy was a nice level of spiciness and the cheese grits were not as runny as the type you might get in a diner.

I chose the mustard glazed lamb loin. Normally, restaurants that serve lamb will offer a rack of lamb or lamb chops. You don't often see lamb loin on offer. I got a generous portion that was perfectly medium-rare. The lamb came with a mint apple chutney that was delicious.

For dessert I had the white chocolate cheesecake (excellent) and Becky and I each had a glass of port that stretched our budget.

The place to go in Fernandina Beach

Golden Grouper Cafe: Tucked away on a side street

by grandmaR Updated Feb 22, 2004

We were kept waiting even tho we saw an empty table when we went in. Eventually we were put at the table that we had seen empty when we came in. Bob thinks they just make you wait because they can - not because they need to.

Favorite Dish: I had snapper and Bob asked for pork chops but they were out and it took them some time to relay that information to us. Many people like this restaurant, but we won't be back.

from a website
    • Cruise

Palace Saloon: Rowdy late night pub

by grandmaR Written Feb 22, 2004

I have gone by this place many times and have never gone in to eat. I looked it up on the website because I had a picture of it, and the first pictures I found were of a fire. I do not know when the fire was.

Favorite Dish: Website says: "Florida’s oldest saloon, where sea captains and the Cumberland elite once enjoyed the hospitality and good cheer. Meet your friends in a rich historic setting to partake of your favorite spirits in a casual, jovial atmosphere. The menu includes shrimp, burgers, sandwiches and wings, and live entertainment is often featured. Open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m."

During the morning - when closed Night time in Fernandina Doorman From down the street Street at night
    • School Holidays
    • Beer Tasting

Crab Trap: Interesting decor

by grandmaR Updated Jul 10, 2003

Has an actual crab trap hanging in the ceiling, and other interesting items. The food is good and interesting.

Favorite Dish: We walked up to the Crab Trap for dinner. I had oyster stew (forgetting that milk sometimes doesn't agree with me) and a salad, and cheese grits, which turned out to be cheese sticks, but with a batter of grits. Bob had an au gratin seafood dish which was too rich for him to eat more than half of. The food was quite reasonable in price.

Back of the resturant from dock area Crab Trap from the river
    • Cruise

Brett's Waterway Cafe, Inc.: Waterfront Cafe

by grandmaR Updated Jul 10, 2003

We ate here twice. It is very, very busy and is not open in the middle of the afternoon or on Thanksgiving. This restaurant is right on the water with a deck outside, and there is a very expensive souvenier shop on the street side.

The first time we came through we didn't eat here at all because we arrived (hungry) at about 2 and they were closed, and at dinner time there was a big waiting line.

On the way back north in the spring of 2001 we went for dinner as soon as the place opened, and liked it and we thought we got an early bird special which was a good price and that the food was good.

Favorite Dish: When we got there in the fall of 2001 we did the same- went very early for dinner. We were unhappy to discover that the place wasn't open on Thanksgiving and they were pretty dismissive about our feeling that as a tourist town they needed to be ready to feed people on holidays. They got all high and mighty about letting their people have time with their families.

They also said they never had early bird specials. This time, we thought the food overpriced and not as good as we remembered. We got prime rib again and it was very fatty. Dinner for two was $44.33

From the waterfront in 2007 Cafe from land side 2003
    • School Holidays
    • Luxury Travel

• BRETTS WATERWAY CAFETHIS...

by FEMPYREFREAK Written Aug 24, 2002

BRETTS WATERWAY CAFE
    THIS RESTAURANT SITS AT THE BASE OF CENTRE STREET AT THE FERNANDINA DOCKS.. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL LOCATION TO RELAX INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THE RESTAURANT AND CHILL WITH FRIENDS...
    THE BEAUTIFUL ATMOSPHERE, SURROUNDED BY THE WATER AND THE NUMEROUSE BOATS

Favorite Dish: EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, BUT ONE OF MY FAVORITES IS THE SHRIMP CEASAR SALAD

• Katmosphere's Profile Photo

Brett's Waterway Cafe: Eat by the sea

by Katmosphere Written May 12, 2006

This is a great place to go sit by the water and eat. And it helps that the food is GREAT!!

Favorite Dish: I had the Pan Roasted Local Grouper. yummmmm. It was in a citrus crab vinaigrette.

Amelia Island Deli: Side Street

by grandmaR Written Feb 22, 2004

I took this picture because I thought it looked interesting. I appears to be a fairly new place, but I haven't eaten here.

Sign at night

Florida House: Family style eating

by grandmaR Updated Jul 10, 2003

This is a bed and breakfast which also serves dinner to people that are not guests. The service is family style at big tables with a limited menu - the food is good, there is something for everyone.

Florida House

Instant Answers: Fernandina Beach

Comments

Fernandina Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fernandina Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fernandina Beach sightseeing.

View all Fernandina Beach hotels