Nightclubs and bars in Fort Lauderdale

Fried Ice Cream...Yum
    by cjg1

Most Viewed Nightlife in Fort Lauderdale

• doug48's Profile Photo

whiskey blue: on the beach

by doug48 Updated Sep 22, 2011

whiskey blue is one of an international chain of upscale nightclubs based in new york city. whiskey blue is known for their speciality cocktails and extensive wine list. this contemporary bar offers dancing and d. j. s in the evenings. for me i enjoyed an afternoon drink on their patio with a view of the ocean. expensive.

Dress Code: business casual.

whiskey blue
    • Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel
    • Beaches

Elements: A Nice Place to Relax by the Water

by cjg1 Updated Jun 15, 2011

Elements is the bar/lounge area at the Hilton Marina Hotel. We were staying at the hotel for a conference and decided to spend some time relaxing here in the afternoon before heading out for Happy Hour.

We chose to sit in the outdoor section closest to the marina. We had a seat at one of the many comfy white couches with pillows. To me this was a perefect way to unwind after a day of seminars. The weather was beautiful, not too hot with a breeze and the view of the marina was quite nice.

Captain's Reception: Cocktails and Hors d’oevres

by cjg1 Updated Jun 7, 2011

Having Platnium ststus on RCL has its perks; one of them being the Captain's Reception. The Captain's reception aboard the Navigator of the Seas was held in the Ixtapa Lounge. The reception included a free buffet of appetizers as well as complimentary drinks. As always we enjoy the bubbly as well as meeting fellow cruisers.

My wife and her Bubbles... (April 2011)

The Plaza Bar (Navigator of the Seas): Drinks on Deck

by cjg1 Updated May 19, 2011

The Plaza Bar is a nice spot to grab a drink. We usually head here for a drink right before sail away. It's convieniently located to head to the upper decks for a nice view as the boat leaves port.

During our last cruise aboard the Navigator (April 2011); our first bar stop was here for a beer and a dacquiri.

My wife and her Dacquiri (April 2011) Waiting for my beer Frosty Strawberry Dacquiri

Carlos & Pepe's: Good Drinks

by cjg1 Updated May 3, 2011

Carlos & Pepe's was a convenient option from us first for a meal then for drinks and snacks later in the week. This place was right down the street from the Embassy Suites; a short five minute walk and about a ten minute walk from the Hilton Marina (We were in town for a cruise and for a conference afterwards). The restaurant is located in a strip mall on busy 17th street.

This was a nice Happy Hour place with a nice sized bar area. We came here several times for drinks as well as guacamole and some fried ice cream. Margaritas here are very good and they have a nice variety to choose from on the menu. My wife was quite fond of their Mango Margarita; it had real bits of Mango which she loved. The beer selection here is quite good with several different domestic and specialty brands as well as Mexican beers.

This is a nice option for drinks or just for dessert. Their fried ice cream is out of this world...the best I have had anywhere.

My wife enjoying her Mango Margarita Sangria My tasty beer Fried Ice Cream...Yum

Kelly's Landing: Happy Hour Fun with Mary Kate

by cjg1 Updated Apr 21, 2011

My wife and I were in Fort Lauderdale for a convention and were looking for a nice place for Happy Hour. We had heard from friend that Kelly’s Landing was a good place for food and drinks; so we had to check it out.

The place was a decent walk from our Hotel but it was good weather so we didn’t mind in the least. Kelly’s Landing specializes in seafood especially New England style. As soon as we walked in there was the bar area. It was a good size with plenty of stools. To the right of the bar is the dining room. We chose to have a seat at the bar and check out the menu. Boston images, logos and sports memorabilia are on the walls of the joint.

The bartender was Mary Kate. Wow, she was awesome (and also a fellow New Yorker but we kept that quiet since this is a “Boston” bar). We decided to start with some beer; a Miller Lite for me and a Stella for Liz as we perused the menu. We wanted a snack but had trouble deciding between the crab cakes and the spinach dip. Thankfully Mary Kate intervened and told us to try the Onion Rings instead; she said the other items were blah in comparison. So we took her advice and went for a half order of rings.

Our rings arrived and I was surprised at the large portion despite it only being a “half order”. The rings were incredibly good; the batter was light and tasty. My wife and I devoured them; they were so good. Mary Kate grew up in upstate New York so she and I knew alot about each other's home towns. My wife and she had some long discussions about MS; both Liz's Dad and MAry Kate are afflicted with the disease. We all talked as if we knew each other for years; it was quite amazing. After a couple of rounds of beer and great conversation with Mary Kate; we decided to head off to dinner.

I have to admit I had the most fun here at Kelly’s Landing. It was a fun place with a casual vibe that made us feel at home. So if you are in Fort Lauderdale; definitely stop at Kelly’s Landing and say Hi to Mary Kate!

Liz and her Stella The

• Exit 66 Nightclub: Best Nightclub is on the Beach

by vail2010 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Simply the best all around nightclub in fort lauderdale... and it's not located downtown! If you're unaware of Exit 66 you should head back to the beach and give it a try. It's definitely better than driving to miami for a true nightclub feel. Automatic Slims on steroids.

Dress Code: Laid Back but I would dress to impress, everyone working and buying bottles are dressed trendy.

• Architecture
    • Music

• Exit 66: The Beach is Back

by vail2010 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Exit 66 is a Large Nightclub on the famous beach of Fort Lauderdale. Its a huge place with a pool out back and a second story. It reminds me of a club in Orlando called Roxy. The music is good and the design of the place is second to none in Broward. Real hip, retro, 70's movies inspired place. And its on the beautiful beach which is a perfect getaway during club hours for a couple to take a private walk together!

• Architecture

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Georgie's Alibi: Popular Gay Nightspot

by yooperprof Updated Apr 4, 2011

Georgie's is a popular gay "meta-bar" in the popular gay village of Wilton Manors. The bar is located on a gay-themed "strip" in the middle of a shopping center with several other gay-owned businesses, so you can do a lot of your gay-things all in one stop here.

Georgie's is a cheerful place with several different rooms, each with a distinctive character and all happily free of attitude. There's a cafe here, good drink specials, occasional performances, a video bar, pool tables, etc etc etc.

On the downside, there's a certain generic quality to the place - it didn't particular seem "Floridian" when I was there. Ft. Lauderdale has developed into the gay mecca of Florida, so I'll have to explore some other places when next I return.

all your gay needs in one place
    • Gay and Lesbian

• sunlovey's Profile Photo

Art Bar: Free drink coupons on the street...

by sunlovey Updated Apr 4, 2011

OK, I'm going to try and be unbiased as I write this tip with the saying "to each their own" ringing in my ears.

If you're up for a night of dancing to top 40 and drinking well liquor mixed drinks with only a hint of coke or soda or tonic amidst a decent looking crowd in a decent environment, check out Art Bar.

But before you go in, look around outside for girls passing out free drink coupons for Art Bar, in fact, there are girls passing out free drink coupons to soooo many of these Las Olas establishments. This says something to me. Maybe to you it will simply mean an inexpensive night out. ;-)

If you utilize the Web link I've pasted here you can download your free drink coupon! Wow! http://www.riverfrontfl.com/directory/restaurants.html

Dress Code: I'm pretty sure most anyone can go in? They do have a few guys out front and velvet ropes and whatnot but I think you're good to go wearing most anything.

People getting their groove on

• doug48's Profile Photo

pirate republic: water front bar

by doug48 Written May 22, 2010

the pirate republic is located on the south side of the new river across from the riverwalk in downtown fort lauderdale. this large restaurant and bar caters to boaters and tourists. i have not eaten here but they have a huge deck with a great view of the riverwalk which is a nice place to have an afternoon drink in downtown fort lauderdale.

pirate republic bar
    • Sailing and Boating

briney's: irish pub

by doug48 Written May 22, 2010

briney's irish pub is located in the riverwalk area of downtown fort lauderdale. the building and the decor is more of a florida style beach bar than a replica irish pub. this large bar gets a mixture of locals and tourists. i think there are better replica irish pubs in the area but briney's is still a fun place to a have a drink at the riverwalk.

briney's pub

mango's: live music

by doug48 Updated May 21, 2010

located on las olas blvd. mango's is a nice place to eat and drink. this combination restaurant and bar serves good american fare and has a lively bar at night. they book bands that play various music and they have a dance floor. a fun place to eat and drink on las olas.

mango's

o'hara's pub: jazz club

by doug48 Updated May 21, 2010

o'hara's irish pub has been on las olas blvd since the 1980's. it is a bar only and does not serve food. smoking is allowed in the bar. good beer selection and mixed drinks are available. in the evenings they offer live jazz, blues, and classic rock. a fun place to visit on las olas.

o'hara's pub
    • Beer Tasting

Club Fusion (Emerald Princess): The Hoe Down with Julio

by cjg1 Updated Nov 10, 2009

Club Fusion is one of the dance clubs on board the Emerald Princess. Our friends Mindy and John asked us if we wanted to go dancing and of course Liz said yes. Little did she know it was a "Hoe Down" theme in Club Fusion that night with country western dancing. John & Mindy live in Nashville so I figured it would be something of this variety of dance...Liz on the other hand was taken aback at the country dancing (being a city girl this was foreign to her). Angie and I had a seat at the bar while Liz decided to be a good sport and try the dancing out with Mindy and John.

The instructor "Julio" had very poor English skills and an incredibly thick accent to boot which made it next to impossible to understand his direction and his assistant Brad was of little help (he kept telling Liz to pay attention since he had no idea how to do the dance). The first dance I laughed my butt off as Liz went right and the crowd went left...oh well she tried(maybe it was the champagne...). Julio was calling out steps in a thick accent and all we could understand was "Donkey, Donkey"....whatever that was supposed to mean. The next dance was easier and had cha cha steps so Liz was in her element and was able to master the dance round and round in the circle with her new partner "Brad". After quite awhile Liz finally came back to the table with her tale of country dancing a la Julio. It's one of those events that all of us will remember and have a good laugh about.

Dress Code: Casual

Harbor Beach Marriott Resort
Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
Gallery ONE - A Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel

Instant Answers: Fort Lauderdale

Comments

Fort Lauderdale Nightlife

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Fort Lauderdale locals.
Map of Fort Lauderdale