Nightclubs and bars in Fort Lauderdale

by cjg1

Most Viewed Nightlife in Fort Lauderdale

briney's: irish pub

by doug48 Written May 22, 2010

briney's irish pub is located in the riverwalk area of downtown fort lauderdale. the building and the decor is more of a florida style beach bar than a replica irish pub. this large bar gets a mixture of locals and tourists. i think there are better replica irish pubs in the area but briney's is still a fun place to a have a drink at the riverwalk.

briney's pub

• doug48's Profile Photo

pirate republic: water front bar

by doug48 Written May 22, 2010

the pirate republic is located on the south side of the new river across from the riverwalk in downtown fort lauderdale. this large restaurant and bar caters to boaters and tourists. i have not eaten here but they have a huge deck with a great view of the riverwalk which is a nice place to have an afternoon drink in downtown fort lauderdale.

pirate republic bar
    • Sailing and Boating

o'hara's pub: jazz club

by doug48 Updated May 21, 2010

o'hara's irish pub has been on las olas blvd since the 1980's. it is a bar only and does not serve food. smoking is allowed in the bar. good beer selection and mixed drinks are available. in the evenings they offer live jazz, blues, and classic rock. a fun place to visit on las olas.

o'hara's pub
    • Beer Tasting

mango's: live music

by doug48 Updated May 21, 2010

located on las olas blvd. mango's is a nice place to eat and drink. this combination restaurant and bar serves good american fare and has a lively bar at night. they book bands that play various music and they have a dance floor. a fun place to eat and drink on las olas.

mango's
    • Singles

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Boom: Dance, Smoke & Heat!

by garridogal Written Mar 17, 2005

Boom is your basic Gay Dance Club. It's packed full of beautiful men, the cocktails flow and you WILL dance! As usual, I got more attention from the men there than I ever do with straight ones, but I've come to deal with the fact that this just must be cuz I'm SO fabulous!!! ; ) I also had a fuzzy Fuscia sweater which I think half the guys wanted to steal! It was fun and we danced a lot. But.... living in Boston I'm no longer used to bars full of cigarette smoke and it was really hot too. In short: fun club - poor circulation!

Dress Code: Whatever... The less the better!

Wanna Dance?
    • Gay and Lesbian
    • School Holidays

Elements: A Nice Place to Relax by the Water

by cjg1 Updated Jun 15, 2011

Elements is the bar/lounge area at the Hilton Marina Hotel. We were staying at the hotel for a conference and decided to spend some time relaxing here in the afternoon before heading out for Happy Hour.

We chose to sit in the outdoor section closest to the marina. We had a seat at one of the many comfy white couches with pillows. To me this was a perefect way to unwind after a day of seminars. The weather was beautiful, not too hot with a breeze and the view of the marina was quite nice.

Kelly's Landing: Happy Hour Fun with Mary Kate

by cjg1 Updated Apr 21, 2011

My wife and I were in Fort Lauderdale for a convention and were looking for a nice place for Happy Hour. We had heard from friend that Kelly’s Landing was a good place for food and drinks; so we had to check it out.

The place was a decent walk from our Hotel but it was good weather so we didn’t mind in the least. Kelly’s Landing specializes in seafood especially New England style. As soon as we walked in there was the bar area. It was a good size with plenty of stools. To the right of the bar is the dining room. We chose to have a seat at the bar and check out the menu. Boston images, logos and sports memorabilia are on the walls of the joint.

The bartender was Mary Kate. Wow, she was awesome (and also a fellow New Yorker but we kept that quiet since this is a “Boston” bar). We decided to start with some beer; a Miller Lite for me and a Stella for Liz as we perused the menu. We wanted a snack but had trouble deciding between the crab cakes and the spinach dip. Thankfully Mary Kate intervened and told us to try the Onion Rings instead; she said the other items were blah in comparison. So we took her advice and went for a half order of rings.

Our rings arrived and I was surprised at the large portion despite it only being a “half order”. The rings were incredibly good; the batter was light and tasty. My wife and I devoured them; they were so good. Mary Kate grew up in upstate New York so she and I knew alot about each other's home towns. My wife and she had some long discussions about MS; both Liz's Dad and MAry Kate are afflicted with the disease. We all talked as if we knew each other for years; it was quite amazing. After a couple of rounds of beer and great conversation with Mary Kate; we decided to head off to dinner.

I have to admit I had the most fun here at Kelly’s Landing. It was a fun place with a casual vibe that made us feel at home. So if you are in Fort Lauderdale; definitely stop at Kelly’s Landing and say Hi to Mary Kate!

Liz and her Stella The

Carlos & Pepe's: Good Drinks

by cjg1 Updated May 3, 2011

Carlos & Pepe's was a convenient option from us first for a meal then for drinks and snacks later in the week. This place was right down the street from the Embassy Suites; a short five minute walk and about a ten minute walk from the Hilton Marina (We were in town for a cruise and for a conference afterwards). The restaurant is located in a strip mall on busy 17th street.

This was a nice Happy Hour place with a nice sized bar area. We came here several times for drinks as well as guacamole and some fried ice cream. Margaritas here are very good and they have a nice variety to choose from on the menu. My wife was quite fond of their Mango Margarita; it had real bits of Mango which she loved. The beer selection here is quite good with several different domestic and specialty brands as well as Mexican beers.

This is a nice option for drinks or just for dessert. Their fried ice cream is out of this world...the best I have had anywhere.

My wife enjoying her Mango Margarita Sangria My tasty beer Fried Ice Cream...Yum

The Plaza Bar (Navigator of the Seas): Drinks on Deck

by cjg1 Updated May 19, 2011

The Plaza Bar is a nice spot to grab a drink. We usually head here for a drink right before sail away. It's convieniently located to head to the upper decks for a nice view as the boat leaves port.

During our last cruise aboard the Navigator (April 2011); our first bar stop was here for a beer and a dacquiri.

My wife and her Dacquiri (April 2011) Waiting for my beer Frosty Strawberry Dacquiri

Captain's Reception: Cocktails and Hors d’oevres

by cjg1 Updated Jun 7, 2011

Having Platnium ststus on RCL has its perks; one of them being the Captain's Reception. The Captain's reception aboard the Navigator of the Seas was held in the Ixtapa Lounge. The reception included a free buffet of appetizers as well as complimentary drinks. As always we enjoy the bubbly as well as meeting fellow cruisers.

My wife and her Bubbles... (April 2011)

Vintages(Navigator of the Seas): Wine Bar on the Promenade

by cjg1 Updated Oct 28, 2009

When I first saw vintages I thought, Nice a wine Bar. The bar had nice wooden interiors with lots of seating. The atmosphere was inviting and I liked the wine barrel tables around the bar. When we got a look at the wine list we were not impressed. It was full of California wines. We found three or four from Chile. This was a big dissapointment for the both of us since neither Liz or myself are fans of California wine.

Dress Code: Casual

Nice seating areas Good Bar Seating
    • Wine Tasting
    • Cruise

• doug48's Profile Photo

whiskey blue: on the beach

by doug48 Updated Sep 22, 2011

whiskey blue is one of an international chain of upscale nightclubs based in new york city. whiskey blue is known for their speciality cocktails and extensive wine list. this contemporary bar offers dancing and d. j. s in the evenings. for me i enjoyed an afternoon drink on their patio with a view of the ocean. expensive.

Dress Code: business casual.

whiskey blue
    • Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel
    • Beaches

• garridogal's Profile Photo

?????: Some Bar on Pompano Beach

by garridogal Updated Mar 16, 2005

Stopped in this spot for a couple. It was right on the water with a pretty bad band that played from within a glass covered Alcove. Most folks were outside but we sat in cuz we were chilly. I have no idea what it was called so I guess that makes this one lousy tip!

And if you get bored you can fish
    • Singles
    • School Holidays

The Pool Bar(Navigator of the Seas): Drinks Poolside

by cjg1 Updated Oct 28, 2009

We love thhe pool bar and often find ourselves here for a drink. The pool bar is a great place to relax by the pool, have a drink, people watch or enjoy the company of someone special. We always have a good time here and the drinks are delicious. The bartenders are always friendly and quick to get your drink in hand.

Dress Code: Casual.....mostly swim suits since it's by the pool.

• Cruise

• sunlovey's Profile Photo

The Culture Room: A small venue that gets cool bands

by sunlovey Written Mar 29, 2006

We go here a lot to see bands like The Bravery, She Wants Revenge, Louis XIV...so you get an intimate concert experience. It's pretty dark and grungy, as it should be. Drinks are fairly priced. There is an outside courtyard area with a bar, an inside bar and a balcony with bar that overlooks the stage. Check their Web site for the latest concert listings...

Dress Code: Anything goes really. Those around you will be wearing black mostly. Gothy, punky, emo, etc.
    Jeans are perfect.

The Bravery show at the Culture Room

Fort Lauderdale Hotels

• Blue Seas Courtyard

My parents and I had a great time staying here in 2007. We had a 1 bedroom (room number 4) unit and...

• Premiere Hotel

I waited way too long to book a hotel, last time we cruised from here I got the Hyatt Pier 66 just a...

• snooze

When traveling with young children (4 and 1), as we were during a 4-night stay in Fort Lauderdale in...

Latest Fort Lauderdale Hotel Reviews

Ask Me Inn
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Sheraton Yankee Trader Beach Resort
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Blue Seas Courtyard
Beach Hostel Fort Lauderdale
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Days Inn - Fort Lauderdale (Oceanside)
Courtyard By Marriott Ft Lauderdale
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Comfort Inn And Suites Ft Lauderdale
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge

Instant Answers: Fort Lauderdale

Comments

Fort Lauderdale Nightlife

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Fort Lauderdale locals.
Map of Fort Lauderdale