Know about this? Rate It!
Sawgrass Recreation Park I...
Sawgrass Recreation Park
I was told that you really shouldn’t take an airboat ride through the Everglades, but I couldn’t resist and went here. And I have to say, the term “Redneck” just stuck in my mind while here, if you go you’ll see what I mean. It was enjoyable except that our guide told us about the sawgrass which could slice your arm off, so keep your arms in, and then he proceeded to drive the boat so that I, on the front corner, kept getting hit by grass. I thought I was going to get sliced to pieces. Especially when it got me across the forehead. The woman behind me was worried about me as well! But we saw an alligator! I tried to take a picture but the darn thing slunk right into the water so you can’t see it in my picture. Oh well, I know I saw it!
Take 595 west to I-75 north then take US 27 north about a mile or two.
Bird of Prey Exhibit at...
Bird of Prey Exhibit at Sawgrass
I’m glad I wasn’t there to see this bird receive his meal, he was tearing into baby chicks. They were dead by the time I got there. Yuck!
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Fort Lauderdale Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pacific Palisades Hotels
- El Matador State Beach Hotels
- Virginia Beach
- Myrtle Springs Hotels
- Kampung Kuala Linggi Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path