Coconuts, Fort Lauderdale

Near the Marina at the waterfront

Coconut Shrimp at Coconuts
    by Dabs
    Lobster roll at Coconuts
    by Dabs
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Coconuts: Seafood by the water

by Dabs Written Jan 16, 2012

Lobster roll at Coconuts

Although we really didn't need to eat anything more after leaving the cruise ship, we decided to try Coconuts since we were in the mood for a casual seafood lunch. We arrived around 1pm on a Saturday and there was a wait for an outside table overlooking the intercoastal waterway but not for an indoors table so we sat inside. Service was quick and friendly. According to the Yelp reviews, it's dog friendly which is surely a plus for locals.

Favorite Dish: The menu on their website is only a part of what they offer, our server rattled off about 20 specials, some of which sounded interesting. We ended up getting a lobster roll ($15) and the coconut shrimp platter ($19) which came with fries and coleslaw plus the server threw in some mac & cheese as a side. The lobster roll also came with a side so I also got the mac and cheese. Both entrees were very good and filling. The dessert menu had a handful of desserts, I couldn't pass up the banana pudding ($8).

They do add a 18% gratuity regardless of the size of your party, it's very clearly marked on the bill. Unless service is awful, I wouldn't leave less than that so it didn't bother me.

Instant Answers: Fort Lauderdale

Comments

View all Fort Lauderdale hotels