Shula's on the Beach, Fort Lauderdale

by ak47uk
  • Shula's on the Beach
    by goingsolo
  • doug48's Profile Photo

shula's on the beach: steakhouse

by doug48 Written Sep 22, 2011

shula's on the beach

shula's on the beach is one of a chain of steakhouses founded by famous miami dolphins football coach don shula. what makes this location unique is it's great view of fort lauderdale beach. shula's offers prime black angus beef, seafood, and upscale american fare. shula's is one of the better steakhouse chains in the country.

• Beaches

• Shula's on the Beach: Good food but the waiters will rip you off

by twindarts Written Jul 6, 2009

We happened to be staying at the hotel (Westin) where this steak house was located so it was just convenient for us to grab dinner there. The hostess that was seating us acted like we were bothering her (that should have been our first clue to RUN). We chose to sit outside (watch out for the birds). There were eight of us in our party.
    The waiter recommended that we try a "sampler" platter of the hot appetizers. The "sampler" platter was not a "sampler" platter at all but 7 full sized orders of their appetizers (2 barbeque shrimp platters which were dry, 3 lump crab cake platters and 2 calamari platters which were especially good with the dipping sauce). So, not even to our dinner yet and we are already over $100 on our tab. Half of our table ordered the salad. I, myself, did not so I can't comment on it. For dinner, we each ordered an entree and two sides (the entrees do not come with any sides and the sides supposedly serve only 2).
    I firmly believe that the waiter we had should have warned us that we were ordering more food than we could handle. Instead he said something like the food will shift in our stomach. By the time our entrees arrived (almost 1.5 hours later), we were full. Our entrees were only half eaten and most of the sides were never even touched. Those side dishes really serve more like 4 people.
    In the end, there was a lot of food wasted. We couldn't take a doggie bag home since we were staying at a hotel. The service was crappy (bread basket was taken from us before we were through with it, dinner was over 2 hours from start to finish, we waited FOREVER for drink refills and had to ask many times for more rather than the waiter asking, settling our bill alone took over 20 minutes....I could go on but you get the point). To add insult to injury, the gratuity was already included in the bill to the tune of $115. Our total bill was $788 for eight of us and we expected more for that money.

• Beaches

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Shula's on the Beach: Shula's on the Beach

by goingsolo Written Jun 12, 2007

Shula's is mostly known for its steaks. The restaurant is owned by former Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula. Much of the Dolphins memorabilia can be found inside the restaurant. The Fort Lauderdale Shula's is the casual alternative to the slightly less than casual Shula's in Miami Lakes. But it has the same great food and the added perk of outdoor dining, a big plus in those few winter months.

Despite being casual, the restaurant is definitely a splurge. But, unlike many restaurants along the beaches who cater to one shot tourist business, where high prices and below average food are the norm, Shula's is actually good food for the price. Portions are pretty large too.

Shula's is located at the Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, right along A1A. There is free valet parking available if you eat at the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the prime rib, which is huge and way too much for the average person. But it makes for great leftovers. There is a good wine list as well. Steak is the main reason to come here, although there are some seafood selections. Desserts are supposed to be spectacular, but I've never made it that far in a meal here.

• musbars's Profile Photo

Shula's on the Beach: Shula's

by musbars Updated Mar 7, 2005

Shula's

Shula's On The Beach has spacious outdoor patio seating with spectacular ocean views, elegant indoor dining room seating and, for all you sports fans, large screen TVs and sports memorabilia from namesake Don Shula’s NFL career.

Favorite Dish: Shula's serves the best selection of award-winning Certified Angus Beef steaks in town. The steaks include the popular filet mignon, porterhouse, New York strip, rib eye, surf and turf and Steak Mary Anne. The menu also includes fresh seafood, like pan-seared sea bass and rare yellowfin tuna, and delicious chicken and pasta dishes.

• ak47uk's Profile Photo

Shula's on the Beach: Expensive

by ak47uk Written Feb 10, 2004

We went to Shula's the first night we got to Fort Lauderdale and still a bit jet lagged and starving we ordered 2 steaks, mashed potato,broccoli and 2 beers and it came to $100. It was a very nice meal but I never spent that much on food again while in Florida.

• kikita's Profile Photo

Shula's on the Beach: The BEST Steaks in Town!

by kikita Written Jan 2, 2003

Don Shula's restaurants (he also has one in Miami Lakes) are very well-reknown for offering the most delicious, tender steaks! If you enjoy a choice steak, an extensive wine list, and a view of Fort Lauderdale Beach as you dine...go to Shula's on the Beach! As prices go, this restaurant is pricey; however, it is a perfect place for a special occasion...or a memorable night while in Fort Lauderdale! Ask to be seated by the windows to the right side of the restaurant so you can enjoy the most gorgeous sunset as you cut into a perfect (and I mean PERFECT) steak!

Favorite Dish: Filet mignon, side of garlic mashed potatoes, house salad and a glass of Chilean red wine...followed by a walk on the beach to work it all off!

Instant Answers: Fort Lauderdale

• gwened's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2013 at 7:19 AM

still good gcondito, was a customer way back,and visit last in 2009;my family still lives very close to it still. cheers

• Jan 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I opened Shula's On The Beach and was G.M. of the Restaurant and the Hotel. I worked very close with Dave & Don Shula and I have to say they were the best. This restaurant was outstanding back then (12 years ago) and I would hope after all the work we put into this restaurant it still is Great. I hope Dave and Don are doing well and also John. Please contact me if you see this message. Jerry Condito

Hotels Near Shula's on the Beach