The Greek Islands Taverna, Fort Lauderdale

• The Greek Islands Taverna
    by Robinski9
  • Greek Islands Taverna: Best Food in Fort Lauderdale

by GaryCA Updated Jun 18, 2011

I won't say that I have purposely flown to Fort Lauderdale just to eat at Greek Islands Taverna, but it definitely is one of the reasons I like to go there. At the suggestion of one of the customers waiting with us in line (the food is so good there is usually a line during the tourist season, off season I usually don't have to wait. If you don't like lines, go early or go for lunch is my suggestion), I tried the Grilled Octopus appetizer. It is so good I have tried (and failed) to make it at home. It is addicting. As are the lamb chops and the baked shrimp and, well everything is done to perfection. The waiters are great and for free they serve you humus and bread, watch out because they keep bringing it. They somehow make the lightest humus, like it's whipped or something. Spectacular. Don't miss this place and go in the first few days of your visit (if you are a tourist like me) because you will want to go back. If you are lucky enough to live within driving distance, I am soooooooooo jealous!!!

Favorite Dish: Grilled Octopus appetizer. It is so good I have tried (and failed) to make it at home.
    Humus and bread, served free while you wait for you entree, they somehow make the lightest humus, like it's whipped or something

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Greek Islans Taverna: The Best Greek Restaurant

by apbeaches Written Feb 19, 2010

Amazing Greek Restaurant with the most amazing lamb chops I've ever tasted. We got there early beating the lines that soon formed out the door. Our waitress was attentive as she maneuvered huge trays of food through the crowds.

Favorite Dish: Salad, hummus, spinach pie, mousakka, lamb chops, stuffed peppers, fish were just wonderful.

• Beaches

• Greek Islands Taverna: Staff very uncaring

by scanner51 Written Nov 22, 2008

Luckily they have a large and loyal crowd because I won't go there again. We entered through the handicap entrance not realizing that the maitre d desk was elsewhere. No signage to direct us. Two waitors and a servor ignored us standing there. Never giving directions. The bar maid was so busy chatting with two girlfriends that she never acknowledged we were there. Finally another customer pointed out the way to go. We decided to spend our money elsewhere.

• Cafe seville: Authenic Spanish food

by litlman Written Oct 12, 2005

This is definetely NOT Cuban. Fabulous authenic Spanish food. Seafood is always fresh and the sauces are extraordinary. The lamb shank is prepared with a brown sauce that is so delectable you just have to pick up the shank to get every morsel off the bone. The wine list has a great selection of great Spanish reds and whites.

• DrDevience's Profile Photo

The Greek Islands Taverna: Digging the Tzaziki in Lauderdale

by DrDevience Written Nov 19, 2004

Being a frequent traveler, I have learned to always ask the locals where they eat... I've eaten here numerous times now and I can say without hesitation that this is the best spot in Lauderdale for Greek cuisine.

The owners are actually from Greece and care a great deal about food quality and service. The place is always spotless (even the bathrooms) and the waitstaff is flat awesome.

The main thing though is the food. The wonderfully orgasmic food!

They have quite an big menu, many items being specialties of the owner himself. They even grow their own tomoatoes and man are they ever good. I've been spoiled now. I can't even buy a tomato in the store without being disappointed due to the wuality of Greek Island's...

Favorite Dish: My favorite item on the menu is actually a combo of two things.

The tzaziki is found on the appitizer portion but is a 'must have' for any dish. This is the best cucumber concotion ever. Seriously.

While I adore their leg of lamb and many other items, my favorite has become the Ladoregano Chicken. Man oh man.. just perfectly seasoned and it comes with a wonderful vegetable medley, along with some lemony oven-roasted potatoes. You cannot beat this one for only $12.

• Robinski9's Profile Photo

The Greek Islands...

by Robinski9 Written Aug 25, 2002

The Greek Islands Taverna.

Don't have a picture...the attached pic is of a small storm just off shore. It was really beautiful.
    This is a traditional family owned Greek restaurant. No food court gyros here!

Favorite Dish: Everything. The menu was enormous!

Instant Answers: Fort Lauderdale

Comments

Hotels Near The Greek Islands Taverna
4.5 out of 5 stars