Sawgrass Mills, Fort Lauderdale

Know about this? Rate It!

Nike
    For the son
    A trolley becomes necessary
  • Sawgrass Mills: Marathon not a Sprint

by LongTimeLauderdale Written May 4, 2011

After living here for over ten years, I make a list all year and then do giant marathon trips to this Mall. You need planning and strategy to make a route through the 3/4 mile with a map! I save tons on the stuff I need. This is one of the best things to do in Fort Lauderdale, especially if you are tired of the sun or stuck in rain . . .

What to buy: They have high end discount shops of every kind. I especially like the Kenneth Cole and Calvin Klein -- fragrances are a steal. However, put stuff on hold and then go back and get it. You'll often find that same item in a Burlingtons or large discount store for less and you can always go back and the get it later. . . .

What to pay: Depends on how many hours you have the energy to stand. For every minute standing, I'm spending. Usually, I spend at least six hours there.

• Cruise
    • Luxury Travel

Sawgrass Mills: The largest mall

by GUYON Updated Nov 3, 2008

Sawgrass Mills

Shops and manufacturer's outlets (350 shops).
    It is the shopping heaven. Some stores are so large;
    There are 2 food courts and outside, a movie theater.

What to buy: Especially, clothes and footware.
    Could you imagine my wife launched in such a mall with a Visa Card....?

Sawgrass Mills: Wonderful world

by GUYON Updated Feb 10, 2008
    Sawgrass Mills

The parking is huge and we use to take a picture of the car and its neigborhood and of the entrance to be sure to find the car when we want to leave.

What to buy: Victoria Secret (not in France ) : nr 405
    Nike : 267
    JC Penney : 957
    Anne Taylor : 1027

Sawgrass Mills: We were ruined

by GUYON Updated Feb 10, 2008

It is not for me, you know

We went 4 times in South Florida . Each time, we end the travel with a day at Sawgrass Mills to mainly buy clothes for us, the children (adults) and now, the grand child.
    We visited several Mills in the USA and the Sawgrass is the hugest and we are always impressed by the number of stores and by the prices at the outlet stores, above all, this time (I write in late October 2007) with the change rate of euro.
    I wish also to get some DVD films if there is a French version or French subtitles. They are a bit cheaper than in France and the delay of broadcasting allows to have some films in advance compared with my country.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Sawgrass Mills: Shop till you drop

by goingsolo Written Jun 12, 2007

People come from all over the world to shop at Sawgrass Mills. I even know some who schedule trips to South Florida just to go on buying sprees at this huge sprawling collection of stores. I spend most of my time trying to navigate around the traffic that forms around this place, but I have succumed on more than one occasion.

There is a tremendous collection of outlet stores here and its a great place to get some really good deals. Clothing, shoes, electronics, housewares, jewelry, toys and even a Supertarget. In addition to the outlets, we have the chain restaurants such as Cheesecake Factory, the Grand Lux Cafe (Cheesecake Factory by another name, Legal Seafood and Rainforest Cafe. The restaurants are usually packed and there are obscene wait times. I wouldn't recommend any of them.

There is a movie theatre,

What to buy: Here is a non-exhaustive list of what you'll find.

Fashion:

• CThomasB's Profile Photo

Sawgrass Mills: World's Largest Outlet Mall

by CThomasB Written Aug 15, 2003

Sawgrass Mills sign

On over 2 miles, 2 million square feet, and with more than 400 shops, Sawgrass Mills is the world's largest outlet mall. All the name brand stores (such as Kenneth Cole, Calvin Klein, Polo Ralph Lauren, and many many more) at discount prices, lots of great carts, kiosks, restuarants, Gameworks, Regal 23 Cinemas, and almost anything you can think of.

What to buy: I ended up spending most of my time and money at T.J. Maxx (I know, surprised me too). If you have some extra time to look through the store, you can find some of the best deals anywhere. I found lots of really nice brand name shirts and pants (Kenneth Cole, Calvin Klien, Perry Ellis, Express, and more) for only $7 to $25.

• ak47uk's Profile Photo

Sawgrass Mills: Sawgrass Mall Fort Lauderdale

by ak47uk Written Feb 10, 2004

A massive shopping mall where you can buy just about anything. Its about 40 minutes by bus from Fort Lauderdale beach. Check your bus route for bus number. It's well worth a visit.

Instant Answers: Fort Lauderdale

Comments

Other Shopping in Fort Lauderdale

View all Fort Lauderdale hotels