Fort Lauderdale Airport, Fort Lauderdale

Know about this? Rate It!

Sign greeting you to the terminal
    by BruceDunning
    Airplanes in the terminal-non functional
    View of outside buildings
  • ThomasD28's Profile Photo

Transportation to Post Everglades and back

by ThomasD28 Written Apr 29, 2013

We had a family group of 11 and needed transportation to the seaport. I contracted with EEZZExpress and they did the round trip for a very reasonable amount. One of our group left his cell phone in the vehicle. I contacted the company and they agreed to send the phone to us at our home in Maryland. They went the extra mile when they did not have to do so. Based upon this I would hardily recommend them

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport

by cjg1 Updated Sep 27, 2012

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International is not a bad airport; I definitely prefer it to Miami. The airport currently is undergoing some much needed renovation but is still very functional. My wife and I usually fly into this particular airport when catching a cruise out of Port Everglades.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Escalator or Elevator at FLL

by cochinjew Written Feb 6, 2012

FLL is really an user friendly airport. I usually return my car or rent the car at AVIS and can go everywhere I please using escalators.
    First of all, dear friend, all the rent a car companies are right there at the airport, long gone are the days of shuttles. so when you return the car you are already in the terminal. go past the area where the people are standing in line in the east side, go down the escalator and you are in arrivals area, up the escalator you are in the departure area.
    This is the first terminal as you come in I forget whether it is called Terminal A or 1. It is where Continental Airlines/United airlines are ..
    So you have nothing to worry about...

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Taxi from the airport

by Dabs Updated Jan 22, 2012

Many of the hotels in Fort Lauderdale offer a free shuttle from the airport but that is mostly the hotels that are not conveniently located to the cruise ship docks or the beach. The Hyatt Pier 66 did not have an airport shuttle so we took a taxi, it was very late when we arrived and of course we had luggage. Taxis are metered but there is an approximate guide to the cost to each hotel near the baggage claim, it said it was approximately $17 to the Hyatt and the metered fare was $16.90. You can see the same chart on the link below, it says that Port Everglades where the cruise ships leave from is approximately $12 from the airport.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Fort Lauderdale airport

by Dabs Written Jan 16, 2012

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport (FLL) is only about 3 miles from downtown which makes for a quick ride between the airport and your destination hotel or Port Everglades. I was a little surprised at the high fares between Chicago and FLL, I had expected the fares to be significantly cheaper than the other major cruise port of San Juan, Puerto Rico but it was about the same. Many people also fly into Miami's airport, around 30 miles from Fort Lauderdale.

• Ft Lauderdale Elite Shuttle to Port Everglades

by lamill242424 Updated Sep 4, 2011

My family of 8 recently chose Ft Lauderdale Elite Shuttle for transportation from Coral Springs to Port Everglades for a vacation aboard the Royal Carribean Oasis. The service we received was exceptional -- they were very patient with our questions, called to confirm our pick up time and the driver arrived right on time. When it was time to drive us back home after our cruise, the driver again called to confirm and even stayed in constant contact with us after debarking the ship, making our trip back home very smooth. We would definitely recommend Ft Lauderdale Elite Shuttle to anyone seaching for courteous, reliable transportation service.

• Affordable Airport/seaport Car Service

by nkem1 Updated Jun 22, 2011

On our last visit last month, we used a car service called Jewel limousines located in Plantation. They were great, very affordable and reliable. Call 800-865-8542 or try the website----Jewellimo.com
    Goodluck

• mello6732's Profile Photo

Fort Lauderdale Miami airport shuttle

by mello6732 Updated May 27, 2011

fort lauderdale airport shuttle to miami is not provided thru public transportation without alot of aggrivation. I got in touch with Aries transportation and they provided a private shuttle from fort lauderdale to miami beach. they also provided a shuttle from miami port to fort lauderdale when we returned from a cruise. The driver was clean and so was the vehicle.

• Gay and Lesbian

• Ft Lauderdale Elite Shuttle Experience to FLL

by jeffbryan1970 Written May 15, 2011

My wife and i both needed to get to the Airport in time for a flight. We called this service Ft Lauderdale Elite Shuttle and made reservations. Lucky enough there was great communication with the driver and the company. The Driver showed up 15 minutes early Thank god because we ran into a traffic because of an accident on 95, at that time i was very stressed and so was my wife. The driver calmed us down and was able to take some back streets which saved us from missing our flight. Thank you Ft Lauderdale Elite Shuttle Service for the great experience.

• Airport Traffic!

by okteddygo Written Oct 30, 2010

It's so difficult to get around... I waited for two hours looking for a taxi until finally I decided to do what I should have and what anyone should do before flying into a major city which is to schedule a shuttle beforehand. I went on my iPhone and googled fort lauderdale airport transportation to Boca Resort which was my destination and I found a small licensed business who showed up immediately and treated me fantastically, took my edge off.
    Their simple website is http://fortlauderdaleairporttransportation.net/

• Spa and Resort
    • Golf

• Aries Transportation and Cruise Shuttle

by Bronner47 Written Oct 2, 2010

Ft. Lauderdale is a city that is spread out, you definately can not walk to anything. Since my wife and I stayed there for a conference we were on a budget. When we landed in Ft. Lauderdale we had a really bad experience the first 2 days with the taxi drivers.
    We explained this to the hotel and asked for other transportation options. We did not want to miss out on some of the attractions so the Hilton hotel concierge recommended a great company named Aries Transportation www.AriesLimousines.com. The drivers were extremly helpful. We were able to visit the Sawgrass Mall one day and they were also able to take us to the airport for our flight home. We seriously recommend not taking a taxi in this area the drivers are very rude and alot of them speak very little english. It is difficult to get around without them trying to run you around.

• Best Transportation company and affordable

by lobat0674 Written Jul 20, 2010

I don't recommend a shuttle or a taxi by distance its more expensive.
    i used a Private car service last time i was in Florida.my brother recommend a company in south Florida he always uses call transportation100 here is the number if you need it. 561 212-1236
    clean elegant and good price. i found out later that it was cheaper after using a taxi.
    good luck.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Go the Local Ways

by BruceDunning Updated Feb 25, 2009

View of outside buildings

From the airport-Ft. Lauderdale, the best method seems to be take a shuttle to downtown for around $8-12. A taxi would run more. However, if you are transporting to Port Everglades for a cruise, then a taxi at $10-11 is a better choice, and you do not have to wait for the shuttle to come pick you up. Coming form Miami airport in the south, though, the shuttle would be the cheapest available. $16-21. Many require you reserve ahead of time so they know when to pick you up, and for how many to get in one shuttle.
    The distance is 3 miles SW of central downtown and only 21 miles form Miami Airport, where many come/go to.

• Architecture

• Fort Lauderdale Airport Transportation

by BIG3011 Written Jun 25, 2008

On a recent trip to Ft. Lauderdale, a friend of mine recommended I use a great transportation service that she always uses to get around the city. I booked a reservation on their website www.fortlauderdaleairporttransportation.com and have nothing but praise for their service. The chauffeur was courteous and prompt and overall I had a great experience using this highly professional company. I will be referring it everyone who needs transportation services , I know they will not be disappointed.

• mariapimental's Profile Photo

Fort Lauderdale Airport Transportation

by mariapimental Updated Jun 14, 2008

Had a fantastic time around the Fort Lauderdale area thanks to a great car service I found online www.fortlauderdaleairporttransportation.com , I had made a reservation with them for a pickup at the Fort Lauderdale Airport and they showed up on time, with a very convenient service at the curb. Their driver Tom was very helpful and gave us information on all the main attractions. Their prices are very affordable. We will use this great limo service again and recommend to anybody who needs transportation in Fort Lauderdale.

Instant Answers: Fort Lauderdale

Comments

Other Transportation in Fort Lauderdale

View all Fort Lauderdale hotels