Fort Lauderdale Airport, Fort Lauderdale

Know about this? Rate It!

View of outside buildings
    by BruceDunning
    Sign greeting you to the terminal
    by BruceDunning
    Airplanes in the terminal-non functional
  • BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Go the Local Ways

by BruceDunning Updated Feb 25, 2009

View of outside buildings

From the airport-Ft. Lauderdale, the best method seems to be take a shuttle to downtown for around $8-12. A taxi would run more. However, if you are transporting to Port Everglades for a cruise, then a taxi at $10-11 is a better choice, and you do not have to wait for the shuttle to come pick you up. Coming form Miami airport in the south, though, the shuttle would be the cheapest available. $16-21. Many require you reserve ahead of time so they know when to pick you up, and for how many to get in one shuttle.
    The distance is 3 miles SW of central downtown and only 21 miles form Miami Airport, where many come/go to.

• Architecture

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport

by cjg1 Updated Sep 27, 2012

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International is not a bad airport; I definitely prefer it to Miami. The airport currently is undergoing some much needed renovation but is still very functional. My wife and I usually fly into this particular airport when catching a cruise out of Port Everglades.

• Fort Lauderdale Airport Transportation

by BIG3011 Written Jun 25, 2008

On a recent trip to Ft. Lauderdale, a friend of mine recommended I use a great transportation service that she always uses to get around the city. I booked a reservation on their website www.fortlauderdaleairporttransportation.com and have nothing but praise for their service. The chauffeur was courteous and prompt and overall I had a great experience using this highly professional company. I will be referring it everyone who needs transportation services , I know they will not be disappointed.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Taxi from the airport

by Dabs Updated Jan 22, 2012

Many of the hotels in Fort Lauderdale offer a free shuttle from the airport but that is mostly the hotels that are not conveniently located to the cruise ship docks or the beach. The Hyatt Pier 66 did not have an airport shuttle so we took a taxi, it was very late when we arrived and of course we had luggage. Taxis are metered but there is an approximate guide to the cost to each hotel near the baggage claim, it said it was approximately $17 to the Hyatt and the metered fare was $16.90. You can see the same chart on the link below, it says that Port Everglades where the cruise ships leave from is approximately $12 from the airport.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Fort Lauderdale airport

by Dabs Written Jan 16, 2012

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport (FLL) is only about 3 miles from downtown which makes for a quick ride between the airport and your destination hotel or Port Everglades. I was a little surprised at the high fares between Chicago and FLL, I had expected the fares to be significantly cheaper than the other major cruise port of San Juan, Puerto Rico but it was about the same. Many people also fly into Miami's airport, around 30 miles from Fort Lauderdale.

• The best way to get there is...

by volodymer Written Aug 24, 2002

The best way to get there is by plane. It's also the fastest. It's easier to get out of the airport and find your way around; unlike MIA (miami airport), where it is easy to get lost and find yourself in the wrong area of town.
    The best way to get around is renting a car. There is so many places to go and you need a car. There are a lot of close places to drive to; ie. south miami beach, florida keys, and even the everglades is interesting to see.

• hayward68's Profile Photo

By plane! I took Air Canada...

by hayward68 Written Aug 25, 2002

By plane! I took Air Canada direct from Toronto the first visit. I prefer it to the charter companies which I used other visits. I had a bit more leg room and you can bring a bigger carry-on with you. Though it surprises me how big some of the bags are that people get away with.

One of the best ways to see southern Florida is to hire a car. I got mine from Budget rentals and was able to get out of the city to the Everglades and up to Butterfly world. Also good if you are staying at a place with your own kitchen and want to stock up on groceries.

• Nobbe's Profile Photo

Take a flight to Fort...

by Nobbe Written Aug 24, 2002

Take a flight to Fort Lauderdale Airport.
    The best way to get around in Florida and Fort Lauderdale is by car. The yellow sport car on the picture just show up while I was walking on the boardwalk. Couldn't resist taking this photo. =)

• stevemccrea's Profile Photo

When you arrive at the...

by stevemccrea Written Aug 24, 2002

When you arrive at the airport, please look at the lovely artwork on the South side of the runway. If you travel on Griffin Road, the southern border of the airport, 300 meters east of I-95 is a large sculpture.

• Best Transportation company and affordable

by lobat0674 Written Jul 20, 2010

I don't recommend a shuttle or a taxi by distance its more expensive.
    i used a Private car service last time i was in Florida.my brother recommend a company in south Florida he always uses call transportation100 here is the number if you need it. 561 212-1236
    clean elegant and good price. i found out later that it was cheaper after using a taxi.
    good luck.

• Aries Transportation and Cruise Shuttle

by Bronner47 Written Oct 2, 2010

Ft. Lauderdale is a city that is spread out, you definately can not walk to anything. Since my wife and I stayed there for a conference we were on a budget. When we landed in Ft. Lauderdale we had a really bad experience the first 2 days with the taxi drivers.
    We explained this to the hotel and asked for other transportation options. We did not want to miss out on some of the attractions so the Hilton hotel concierge recommended a great company named Aries Transportation www.AriesLimousines.com. The drivers were extremly helpful. We were able to visit the Sawgrass Mall one day and they were also able to take us to the airport for our flight home. We seriously recommend not taking a taxi in this area the drivers are very rude and alot of them speak very little english. It is difficult to get around without them trying to run you around.

• Airport Traffic!

by okteddygo Written Oct 30, 2010

It's so difficult to get around... I waited for two hours looking for a taxi until finally I decided to do what I should have and what anyone should do before flying into a major city which is to schedule a shuttle beforehand. I went on my iPhone and googled fort lauderdale airport transportation to Boca Resort which was my destination and I found a small licensed business who showed up immediately and treated me fantastically, took my edge off.
    Their simple website is http://fortlauderdaleairporttransportation.net/

• Spa and Resort
    • Golf

• Ft Lauderdale Elite Shuttle Experience to FLL

by jeffbryan1970 Written May 15, 2011

My wife and i both needed to get to the Airport in time for a flight. We called this service Ft Lauderdale Elite Shuttle and made reservations. Lucky enough there was great communication with the driver and the company. The Driver showed up 15 minutes early Thank god because we ran into a traffic because of an accident on 95, at that time i was very stressed and so was my wife. The driver calmed us down and was able to take some back streets which saved us from missing our flight. Thank you Ft Lauderdale Elite Shuttle Service for the great experience.

• Luxury Travel

• mello6732's Profile Photo

Fort Lauderdale Miami airport shuttle

by mello6732 Updated May 27, 2011

fort lauderdale airport shuttle to miami is not provided thru public transportation without alot of aggrivation. I got in touch with Aries transportation and they provided a private shuttle from fort lauderdale to miami beach. they also provided a shuttle from miami port to fort lauderdale when we returned from a cruise. The driver was clean and so was the vehicle.

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Luxury Travel

• Affordable Airport/seaport Car Service

by nkem1 Updated Jun 22, 2011

On our last visit last month, we used a car service called Jewel limousines located in Plantation. They were great, very affordable and reliable. Call 800-865-8542 or try the website----Jewellimo.com
    Goodluck

Instant Answers: Fort Lauderdale

Comments

Other Transportation in Fort Lauderdale

View all Fort Lauderdale hotels