Know about this?
38 degrees in Ft. Lauderdale?????
A few days before we left for Fort Lauderdale I was looking something up and 38 degrees flashed on my screen. I'm thinking "that's the forecast for Chicago, right?" Uh-uh, that's the current temperature in Fort Lauderdale! Fortunately that was just a temporary dip and when we got up to go to the swim race it was warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt.
You think I would have learned my lesson, when we disembarked a week later I looked around at all the people waiting to get off the boat and they are wearing long pants, sweatshirts, sweaters, coats and I'm strolling around in shorts and a tshirt. Fortunately I hadn't sent my luggage off yet, I changed into a long sleeved shirt and brought along pants just in case, I don't think it got above 65. While that doesn't seem cold when you consider what temperature Chicago usually is in January, it was still cooler than I expected.
In Florida the weather is so...
In Florida the weather is so random. Ok that is one similarity to the Midwest, We have completely random weather too but that usually has something to do with a foot of snow in April! Here, well they told me if I don't like the weather wait 15 minutes, and they were right! The sunny would be out full force and then suddenly it would POUR down rain and then suddenly the sun would be out in full force again! Too funny!
As Florida is part of the...
As Florida is part of the tropical zone, the weather can change quickly. First morning in Florida I woke up to a thunderstorm...
If you like more photos and information how the weather can be if you're not lucky, please have a look at my The Sunshine State? travelogue to the upper right.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Fort Lauderdale Travel Guide
Explore the World
- South Korea
- Belvedere Island Hotels
- Alrewas Hotels
- Ormoc City Hotels
- Madrid Hotels
- Los Angeles Warnings and Dangers
- Columbus Warnings and Dangers
- Cyprus Warnings and Dangers
- Aruba Warnings and Dangers
- Buenos Aires Warnings and Dangers
- Estes Park Warnings and Dangers
- Ocho Rios Warnings and Dangers
- Sevilla Warnings and Dangers
- Cambodia Warnings and Dangers
- London Warnings and Dangers
- Riyadh Warnings and Dangers
- Beijing Warnings and Dangers