Tourists, Fort Lauderdale

Know about this?

People congregating at staging for boats
    Line to get through check in
    by BruceDunning
    Line to go on deck for lifesaving test
  • BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Cruise Ships Have Lines

by BruceDunning Updated Feb 26, 2009

Line to get through check in

The ships are big-yet they do have lines to wait for buffet, get in line for shows, and get ready to get in line for shore excursions. You need to be prepared to take the wait. What would really happen in case of need to jump ship? I do not think it would go smoothly, with panic set in.

• Driving

by emerson24_2002 Written Jun 1, 2005

Be cautious anywhere you are that there is a railroad track, unless it's in the heart of downtown Ft. Lauderdale with 2000 other people around. Railroad tracks probably like most other places travel through areas where there is more crime.

I would be cautious if you pull off to get gas anywhere right off of Interstate 95 ( I-95) late at night.

And if you are in Miami, heh...just keep the doors locked and have good directions!!! I kid you not.

Here's a great story I found:

I forgot to mention this tale that Tim told me on Friday. The other day Tim was downtown. Madison has its population of panhandlers just like any city. One approached Tim, asking for money. I don't know if Tim gave him anything, I rather doubt it. But shortly after, he heard a strange ringing sound. He looked around. The panhandler pulled out his cellphone and answered it.

I think we should all give money to panhandlers so that they can pay their cellphone bills, don't you?

2 Comments

It's the same way here in Florida Ann! Would you believe that panhandlers actually get a license to panhandle in Florida?? Like an occupational license. Crazy.

• garridogal's Profile Photo

The Young and the Annoying

by garridogal Written Mar 15, 2005

To each his own...

If Springbreakers annoy you, then don't go to Ft. Lauderdale in the Spring! We didn't let them bother us. When they got too close to us on the beach we simply moved....

• School Holidays
    • Study Abroad

• hayward68's Profile Photo

There are Canadians everywhere...

by hayward68 Written Aug 25, 2002

There are Canadians everywhere down here! If you want to avoid us don't visit Florida in the winter, I think half the winter population is Canadian!! :-)

Instant Answers: Fort Lauderdale

Comments

View all Fort Lauderdale hotels