Downtown area, Fort Myers

Know about this? Rate It!

• Downtown area, Neo Lounge: No good! Stay away

by batman11 Written Dec 13, 2011

Danger! Don't ever go there! Verymad is right on and even short on the point about Neo Lounge! The staff is all gang bangers from the south side of Chicago, Illinois, a couple are from Ford Heights, Illinois, and the owner of Neo Lounge is a gangster fresh from East St. Louis, Illinois with a rap sheet that includes but is not limited to assaulting a cop, robbery, battery, drug dealing and smuggling. He's been busted numerous times for smuggling even such drugs as crack cocaine, heroin, LSD, and marijuana. And those people are BRUTAL towards customers! They'll kick you like a soccer ball when they shove you out, they throw people like rag dolls, it is very literally a scene out of the Play Station 3 game "Grand Theft Auto IV" when the player does something against the rules at the Triangle club.

Dress Code: Neo Lounge's dress code is insane! They do not allow short sleeve shirts. They do not allow tank tops. They do not allow shorts. They do not allow slip ons. They do not allow low cut tops. They order their customers to wear long sleeves, long pants, and professional laced shoes. They don't even care if it were 120 degrees actual temperature or even if it was 300 degrees heat index!

• Neo Lounge, Downtown Fort Myers: Stay away from Neo Lounge

by verymad Written Aug 9, 2008

About 6 months ago, I had one of the worse experiences of my life at a club called Neo Lounge in Downtown Fort Myers Florida. It all started when I was in there with my brother and a buddy of mine. It was around 1:30AM, when 2 bouncers walked over to the three of us while we were merely talking to each other in the middle of the club. I hear one of the bouncers say to the other "Let's get these drunk guys out of here". This came as a huge surprise to me considering I was working on my first drink for the night, and my brother was on his 2nd in 3 hours. We had not caused any trouble and were only talking to each other. The bouncers start escorting the three of us out of Neo Lounge shoving us in the back the whole way. I almost tripped because of one hard shove, so I pulled my shoulders and elbows back to brace myself and catch my balance. Upon doing this (and perhaps accidentally touching one of the bouncers with part of my arm in a very very unthreatening way) I was picked up by my throat and slammed against the wall in the foyer of the lounge. While being choked and off my feet against the wall, 2 more bouncers walked up to me and each one of them threw a punch directly at my face. My brother came over and tried to get them to let me down (again in a very very unthreatening matter). Two of the bouncers then proceed to pick him up, one bouncer choking him while the other grabbed his feet. They then swing him a couple times and throw him into the middle of the road in front of Neo Lounge. He then tried to stand up simply to walk away and was punched from the blind side by another bouncer, while the Owner "Kip" watched the whole thing.

We filed a police report but it is simply our word vs. theirs and we can not prove that we did not instigate anything. I ended up with a gash above my eye and my brother had several bumps and bruises. Luckily we weren't hurt worse.

By the way, I would say all these bouncers were over 6 feet tall and weighed on average 220 pounds. Both my brother and I are approximately 5'5" tall and weigh only 120 pounds.

We have discussed this issue with other visitors of Neo Lounge and have heard that this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Apparently from what we heard, if the bouncers don't get any action for the night they start to cause their own trouble.

All I can say is Stay away from Neo Lounge in Fort Myers Florida!!
    No appology was ever made, and I have never returned to the lounge.

• Singles