Places to eat in Fort Myers

Choco Nachos
    Milkshake and Bob's ribs
    by grandmaR
    National Bohemian beer sign on the wall

Most Viewed Restaurants in Fort Myers

• doug48's Profile Photo

best restaurants in the fort myers area: sanibel-captiva islands

by doug48 Updated Nov 23, 2008

for the visitor to fort myers the best restaurants in the area are located on sanibel and captival island. sanibel island is only a 30 to 40 minute drive from downtown fort myers. the following is a partial list of sanibel and captiva restaurants.
    the bubble room: seafood and american fare
    old captiva house: seafood and steaks
    dolce vita: italian, american, and seafood
    sanibel steakhouse: steak and lobster
    lazy flamingo: seafood and casual american.
    see my sanibel and captiva pages for more information

bubble room captiva island
    • Business Travel
    • Beaches

• The Rush Coffee & Tea Shop: The Rush Coffee & Tea

by SusanBill Written Jan 11, 2012

I love tea but can never find a good place here in Florida. To have a good tea we always go downtown Boston where they specialize. Recently I found The Rush Coffee & Tea Shop at Gulf Coast. Great selection of either loose leaf or bagged teas, also have some cute tea pots for sale.

Favorite Dish: Tea

• Business Travel

• jerokee_528's Profile Photo

Shells Fresh Seafood: Some great Seafood

by jerokee_528 Written Mar 4, 2006

I've eaten here on a couple of trips now since it has good seafood. I usually go early and they also have two drinks for the price on one. I like the shrimp and scallops and they have a wide range of other dishes. I asked a local my last trip and they recommended the place.

Favorite Dish: They have good shrimp meal, but the seafood in general is good.

• jerokee_528's Profile Photo

Red's Fresh Seafood House: More Seafood...mmmmm!

by jerokee_528 Written Mar 4, 2006

This restaurant is out on Pine Island on the main route heading North. I was passing by and it was very busy so I turned around and tried their dinner. I was able to get in before it filled up and I would rate it as one of the better meals I had on Pine Island. The grouper was very good as was the sweet potato side dish.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Cheeseburger in Paradise: Jimmy Buffett owned chain

by grandmaR Updated May 25, 2013

This is not our favorite restaurant because Bob doesn't like cheese. But we often get coupons which offer $10 off if we get a drink and two entries. So we have been fairly often

Favorite Dish: Bob likes ribs, but the last time he got ribs here they were dried and hard
    He likes the fish and chips, and the hand dipped milkshakes
    He doesn't like the cole slaw because he likes cole slow that is in tiny pieces. Their cole slaw is in slivers and has raisins in it which is the way I like it.

I had the Island Quesadilla, which was a large flour tortilla stuffed with pulled chicken, Cheddar and Jack cheeses, crimini mushrooms, balsamic onions, roasted peppers and chopped bacon. It came with salsa and sour cream and I picked cole slaw as the side. I had a root beer float, which was a little sweeter than I expected because it had coconut flavor in it.

I couldn't eat it all either, so they gave me a carry-out box which had a sunset on it. I was also too full for dessert, even though some of the items on the dessert menu were tempting.

We found a coupon so we went again at the end of 2011. We both had a half rack of ribs (mine were with sweet potato chips) and I had a chocolate nachos.

What I really DO like is the Choco Nachos for dessert. These are flour taco triangles (half of them chocolate ones) with sprinkles and cut up strawberries and chocolate/fudge sauce drizzles over them - served with ice cream I was too full to eat it all, so I ate the ice cream and took the rest home. It was very good

Choco Nachos Island Quesadillas Not a beer bottle - pepper Milkshake and Bob's ribs National Bohemian beer sign on the wall

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Joe's Crab Shack: Fresh seafood with a view

by apbeaches Written Jan 6, 2014

This was a Chart House; it's huge windows overlook the docks and waterfront. Servers were attentive, restaurant festive and food good. We shared a huge Caesar Salad and King Crab bucket.

Favorite Dish: Crabs are the think, large menu with many sizes and varieties. Cleverly came in a steam pot with potatoes and corn on the cob.

• Beaches

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Legacy at the Quality Hotel: No Free Breakfast

by grandmaR Written Feb 25, 2005

The hotel website says: Legacy Restaurant and Lounge open for breakfast, lunch and dinner offering international cuisine in a casual dining atmosphere

Favorite Dish: I had coconut shrimp with orange marmalade dipping sauce - it came with a large baked potato and vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower). Bob had a steak. It was a little less than $26 before tip.

Specials menu, and coconut shrimp
    • School Holidays

• babybird's Profile Photo

Beached Whale: A fun local hangout

by babybird Written Oct 25, 2004

This is somewhat like an even more "button down" Ft Myers Beach version of CHEERS.
    The food is excellent, with a decent selection of seafood, steaks, wings etc.
    They usually feature a happy hour with dirt cheap prices on beers and wings. I enjoyed seeing friends who live here during the winters return from the midwest. On weekends they sometimes feature live bands
    as well. You can dine inside or up top on a small deck.

Favorite Dish: Oysters Rockefeller. Some of the best I have had.

• babybird's Profile Photo

Junkanoos/Anthony's Restaurant: A great mix

by babybird Updated May 15, 2005

This was a great combination of afternoon/nightlife and fine dining when I lived in Ft Myers. It is located 100 ft from the beach on Estero Island (Ft. Myers Beach) and features an open air bar downstairs with pretty women serving the drinks, while upstairs is a fantastic restaurant. They have wonderful seafood dishes as well as excellent pastas and pizza.

Jankanoos often has theme parties and live
    or DJ music. Even the bar and servers get in on the entertainment and occasionally can
    be quite entertaining. I always enjoyed coming alone or with friends.

Favorite Dish: They were all good. It would be impossible to pick a favorite.

Lonestar Steakhouse: fantastic steak

by lar-n-me Updated May 2, 2004

Lar and I are steak and seafood lovers, so we've tried many steakhouses in our area. This place is nothing fancy on the beach or exceeding in the ambiance area... just plain good food. So far we haven't found a match to Lonestars steaks.
    lonestar steakhouse

Favorite Dish: Any steak plate...cooked to your liking

Dwyer's: authentic irish

by lar-n-me Updated May 2, 2004

Dwyer's always serves fabulous dishes and the ambiance works for us. Ground level consists of a pub with live music on one side, indoor/outdoor dining on the other and a traditional bar in between the 2 which is where the entrance is. The 2nd floor has a full service bar with an outdoor beer garden. They also cater to special parties on that floor.
    The furniture, bar stools and paraphernalia were made in Ireland and shipped to Fort Myers. Also authentic.....their Irish chefs.
    dwyer's

Spinach, Cheese & Mushroom Pie

• CPM's Profile Photo

Robin's Nest Bakery: A Great Little Soup & Sandwich Place

by CPM Written Mar 26, 2013

The Robin's Nest is a great little spot in Fort Myers Florida. Its almost hidden away on Winkler Road just off College Parkway, housed within The Atrium mall. They're only open for breakfast and lunch but they are nothing short of fantastic. We've been there a few times for lunch and the sandwiches are fabulous. The breads and buns taste like they've just come out of grandma's kitchen and the preparation is just top notch. Delicious, delicious, everything is great.

Johnny Leverock's Seafood House: superbly cooked lobster

by lar-n-me Updated May 2, 2004

Lobster has to be cooked just right in order to be good... Johnny Leverock's has never failed us.
    johnny leverock's

• Sandy Hook Fish & Rib House: Waterfront Overlook

by DeeDeForio Written Jun 23, 2006

Inside the decor is that of a a fishing shack with fishing tackle and netting on the walls and ceiling, with carved sea fish creatures hanging on walls and from the ceiling.

From the parking lot Waiting to enter With our friends who moved from Wisconsin to Flori Waiting oustside in the early evening sunlight
    • Luxury Travel

Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Comfort Inn
Latest: Jul 10, 2014

Instant Answers: Fort Myers

Comments

Fort Myers Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Fort Myers locals.
Map of Fort Myers