Fort Walton Beach Restaurants

crab trap

Most Recent Restaurants in Fort Walton Beach

McGuire's Irish Pub: Sign the Money

by grandmaR Updated Aug 21, 2006

A kind of a tourist interpretation of a NYC Irish Pub. The whole ceiling and most of the walls have dollar bills stapled to them hanging down like stalactites. There were stuffed animal heads on the walls It was so dark inside that I had to use flash, which I don't ordinarily do. The waiter had an attitude about that.

Their motto is Feasting, Imbibery & Debauchery They are open seven days a week. The photos of the entrance (inside and outside) are numbers 4 and 5.

In addition to a large eating establishment in Destin and one in Pensacola, there is a store selling souveniers and gifts (and they also sell them on line), and a brewery. They also sponsor a running club.

The dollar bills are explained as follows on their website:

"McGuire's Irish Pub first opened in 1977 as a small neighborhood pub in a shopping center. McGuire cooked and tended bar and Molly waited tables and greeted customers. When Molly made her first tip -one dollar- she tacked it to the back bar for good luck. Friends of the pub added to the collection and it soon became tradition. Today you will see over $250,000 one dollar bills hanging from the ceiling throughout the Pub, all of which have been signed by Irishmen of all nationalities.

Favorite Dish: Bob had a huge hamburger (one of over 20 on the menu - photo 2) which was $9.95, and I opted for a shepard's pie for $15.95 (photo 3) and we both drank root beer which they make on the premises. We also got a loaf of dark bread. Total after taxes and before tip was $30.63.

They also have steaks and seafood.

Dollar bills on the ceiling Bob's hamburger $9.95 My Shepard's Pie $15.95 Entrance outside with green neon Entrance inside
    • Singles
    • Beer Tasting

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Anglers

by Ewingjr98 Written Jul 24, 2006

Anglers is a great seafood restaurant located in Fort Walton Beach on Okaloosa Island. I have been here many times since they opened in 1999 and I'm always satisfied. Anglers has seats indoors and along the water on the deck. Their menu has a variety of all things seafood from fried shrimp baskets to snow crab legs and everything in between.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Fudpuckers

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jul 24, 2006

Located on Okaloosa Island in FWB, this original location of Fudpuckers was established in 1986 and is famous for its unfinished, rough-around-the-edges look and feel. For food, they offer everything from seafood and chicken to steak and pasta. Fudpuckers also has a few bars and offers live music to keep the place interesting. There is another branch of Fudpuckers in Destin.

Don't confuse Fudpuckers with Fuddruckers, the cheesy international hamburger franchise with the classless 1950s look.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Coach N Four: Who Needs High Tech?

by grandmaR Updated Jun 27, 2006

After we ate lunch at What-a-Burger, which is the only fast food restaurant I've ever been in that gave us a pager so that we could come and pick up our orders when they were ready, we went back to the unit. That night we finally found our way to the Coach-N-Four which the lady at the condo recommended as having an Early Bird Special. And this time, they actually DID have Early Bird Specials.

The place was exceedingly popular and even though we got here early it was crowded with lots of families waiting in line and a lot of cars in the parking lot. We were given a little piece of paper with a number on it - no pagers here. We were called in fairly short order because most of the people there were large groups.

Favorite Dish: We both had the small (8 oz) ribeye ($12.95), which came with a salad, a side, and a little cup of lime sherbert. I also had the Cookies and Cream Cake for $4.00. We were quite happy with the food, and the total bill before tip was only $26.40.

However Groo says:
    The coach n four is a ponderosa quality steakhouse. Meat cuts were thin and very fatty. The onion rings were over breaded and lacked flavor. Outback is a serious step up from this. If you are accustomed to steakhouses, this is probably not for you.

Early bird special - small rib eye $12.95 Restaurant inside Early Bird Specials Cookies and Cream Cake $4.00 Front of Menu

McGuires: Great food and company

by Yaqui Written Apr 9, 2006

This a pretty cool place to visit if your going to eat or just visit the bar. Lots of interesting stuff hanging from the ceiling and on the walls. Especially at the bar..lol! Food is great and so is the service. The price is right and you get your monies worth here. Open 7 days a week too!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Waffle House: Looking for breakfast?

by Yaqui Written Apr 9, 2006

If you ever been to this area before you'll notice these establishments everywhere. I had breakfast here every morning with my co-workers. I found the place clean, cheap, and food wonderful. I found the coffee here excellent. So check them out!

Here's tip, when you come across a Waffle House menu, grab it. It may contain some coupons that will save you $$

@2004 wh Capitol, L.L.C.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Crab Trap: More great food!

by Yaqui Updated Apr 9, 2006

This is not a fancy place, but you will get your monies worth here. The food and service is wonderful. Some tables are positioned by the beach side with some pretty views and I bet during summer months they have this side opened up to the wharf balcony, which would be pretty cool to see!

Favorite Dish: As usual I had the cocanut shrimp baskets that came with fries or coleslaw. Yummy!

Front of the building from the strip View from the pier side

Floyd's Shrimp House: Very Enjoyable

by Yaqui Written Apr 9, 2006

This is a really neat place to eat. Has lots of character inside and the food is great. The service is very wonderful too! Have eaten here a couple of times and have always enjoyed it. I think you will too!

Favorite Dish: I liked Floyd's Famous Coco-Loco Shrimp Dinner, since the shrimp is covered in coconut and fried. The dinner came with plenty of veggies too!

Staff's Restaurant and Docie's Dock Bar & Grill: Theodores

by grandmaR Updated Dec 29, 2005

The original Staff family that settled in Camp Walton was headed by Pop Staff whose real first name was Theodore (according to the newspaper that they give you with the menu inside). He bought the hotel which is next door to the present day restaurant, and built a garage for the guests cars next to it. Pop Staff's brothers-in-law the Gerlachs came down from Indiana and made the garage into a car dealership for such cars as Oldsmobile, Star, and Studebaker. The Staffs had 8 children including twin daughters, and one of the twins married a local man named Docie Bass. Docie's real first name was Theodore. He was the one that took the garage/car dealership and made it into a restaurant.

I gather that Pop Staff was quite a fisherman and often supplied the restaurant with some of the fish he caught. In any case Docie Bass named the restaurant after his wife's family and the associated bar he named after himself.

The lady that gave us the list of good restaurants on Monday said that we might find Staff's to be more expensive, but it was a Fort Walton Beach institution. She suggested that we go and have a drink at the bar and look at the menu, and if we felt it was more than we wanted to pay, then we could leave after one drink.

Favorite Dish: We originally went to Rick's to see if they had Early Bird Specials, and the sign said they did, but they were closed on Monday and Tuesday. Staff's was open. They didn't have early bird specials like Sealand did but they did have specials.

I had the stuffed shrimp special for $19.95, which came with dark bread, a tossed salad (the dressing came in Mason jars - pictured), a piece of corn on the cob, boiled potatoes, and six shrimp with crab meat on top.

A dessert from the display table (top picture) was also included in the price. I got lemon meringue pie.

Bob had a tossed salad with shrimp (pictured) for $15.95 and he had carrot cake for dessert. The bill after tax was added was $37.

Dessert table Bob's shrimp salad $15.99 Specials sign Sign Bottles of salad dressing

Longhorn Steakhouse: Eastern Steakhouse

by grandmaR Written Dec 28, 2005

The Long Horn Steakhouses - although they say "We’ve taken the best of the West and created a place where you can relax and unwind in a comfortable, inviting atmosphere." - are (with the exception of the restaurants in Missouri and Kansas) east of the Mississippi.

On our first night, we went out after dark, and finally stopped at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Mary Ester, and then had to wait half an hour for a table. It was a cold night, but we waited outside. Bob saw a diesel Excursion, and went up and asked the man where he got fuel and was told to go out Racetrack road. (We did that later and did get fuel.)

The waiter said that they did have places in TX, but they do not according to the website.

Favorite Dish: So we ate dinner.

Bob had a half rack of baby back ribs for $13.99

I had a 12 oz. ribeye with a huge sweet potato for $15.99.

We didn't have dessert although it would have been interesting to see what the fried cheesecake was like

Longhorn from outside Inside of restaurant Dessert menu Pictures from the menu decor in the restaurant

La Bamba: One of Three

by grandmaR Written Dec 27, 2005

I saw a menu for a Mexican restaurant stuck in the phone book where we were staying. The name had something to do with good taste. I thought we had passed it when we went out to dinner on our first night. I told Bob it was across the street.

Bob thought it was near enough to walk to, but it wasn't *that* close (it was across the street and down about a half mile) and it was raining. It turned out that the restaurant menu I saw wasn't the one I had seen.

This particular restaurant turns out to have three branches with the same name. In addition to the one we ate at there is one in DeFuniak Springs and one in Crestview.

They had a mockup at the entrance of all the desserts. This is a sensible idea. Unfortunately I didn't see it until we were leaving.

Favorite Dish: I had the #46 - Quesadilla Rellena ($8.99), which was very good. This is my new favorite. (I used to always get chili relino

Bob had the Combination A (Taco and Enchilada with rice, refried beans and melted cheese for $6.59).

I had my usual fried ice cream, and Bob couldn't resist having one too even though he is lactose intolerant.

This cost us $27.99

Combination A $6.59 #46 - Quesadilla Relleno ($8.99) Fried ice cream $3.29 Part of the menu Front of menu

Fudpuckers: Fudpuckers - a local favorite

by cfwestbe Written May 1, 2005

American food at it's best. Jumbo burgers and fries, sandwiches, etc. The ceiling is decorated with thousands of one dollar bills signed by patrons and glued to the ceiling. Patrons sign the woodwork on the walls, etc. Has a fun, party atmosphere.

This place is very popular, so expect a wait unless you come early!

Favorite Dish: I always get the burgers!

Rick's Crab Trap: Seafood under the bridge

by cfwestbe Updated May 1, 2005

Rick's has a variety of seafood choices. Enjoy your meal sitting out on the deck watching the boats pass by. You can also eat indoors, but outdoors near sunset is more enjoyable.

Favorite Dish: I had the seafood platter

• cfwestbe's Profile Photo

Old Bay Steamer: Our Favorite Seafood Restaurant!

by cfwestbe Updated May 1, 2005

We last traveled 100 miles just to eat dinner at Old Bay Steamer restaurant on Okaloosa Island! The restaurant is located on the island just over the bridge leaving Fort Walton Beach.

Favorite Dish: Our favorite selection is the Steamer Platter for 2. It has 2 lobster tails, 6 crab leg clusters (snow crab & king crab), and 2 dozen extra large gulf shrimp. It also has corn on the cob and new potatos. the meal also comes with a salad with a special house dressing. Our entire family made the trip and we ordered 3 of these platters.

Steamed Platter for Two

• MGUIRE'S: IRISH!!!

by MOM1ST2 Updated Oct 11, 2004

NICE PLACE, GOOD FOOD. INTERESTING ATMOSPHERE, IRISH MUSIC. OUTDOOR DECK, UPSTAIRS WITH A NICE VIEW. 1ST TIME I HAD AN IRISH WAKE, GOOD DRINK, COMES IN A SOUIVIER MASON JAR. THEY EVEN BREW SOME OF THEIR OWN BEER.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Fort Walton Beach

Comments

Fort Walton Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fort Walton Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fort Walton Beach sightseeing.

View all Fort Walton Beach hotels