Hollywood Restaurants

View
    Entrance

Best Rated Restaurants in Hollywood

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Le Tub: A Reastaurant Built of Ocean Debris .....

by kymbanm Updated Sep 18, 2005

Don't worry, this is ART! not the real facilities

This restaurant is an amazing piece of local culture :) The owner tells of building this place over a year by collecting 'flotsam, jetsom and ocean bourne treasures' to create this venue. There are kitchsy bits of decor that include toilets planters, bathtubs and other bits of interest. This hangout for locals was established in 1975, and is open 7 days a week between 1030 and 0400. checks and credit cards are NOT accepted, do you'll need to bring cash.

Seating can be directly upon the intercoastal canal, or in the bar area by the pool tables. Seating is self service, lighting is very low (so if your night vision is poor, bring a supplemental lightsource).

The menu is handwritten and xeroxed, the only variance is the 'catch of the day' - usually Mahi Mahi :)

Favorite Dish: We started our meal w/ a cup of gumbo - oh my word!!!! wonderful, heavenly, scrupdilishious .........

The sirloin buger was huge and yummy, my brother was quite happy w/ his mahi mahi sandwich (his favorite dish in general I've noticed ...)

Solid ingredients, good food, and wonderful atmosphere .. except for the sounds of traffic, you could fool yourself into thinking you were being a bit of Robinson Caruso :)

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Dolce Vita: More than smoothies and gelato ....

by kymbanm Written Feb 8, 2005

Life renewed here .....

How do you describe something so perfect???? I originaly stopped in to purchase a smoothie and ended up having gelato that reminded me of being in Europe ... later in the day, we stopped by again for pannini ...... wow, wonderful ....

Favorite Dish: I loved the 'banana split' gelato, and enjoyed my grilled portabello and vegie pannini, my brother went to town on his proscuito pannini .... each plate had a full green (good greens, not just iceburg lettuce mind you) salad w/ the house vinegrette, the bread was fresh w/ that crunchy/flackey crust I enjoy ....... wow, it was wonderful :)

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Moonlite Diner: OOOOOH the malts are to die for!

by kymbanm Written Mar 25, 2005

Moolite Diner

This diner is in the middle of the Oakwood shopping complex. It's got a 50's flair, and friendly staff. The food a 'fabu' :)

Favorite Dish: I ate here twice during my stay in Hollywood. Once for breakfast: pot roast hash - quite yummy!

The second time was for lunch, and I had the mediterranian wrap and a wonderfully malty chocolate malt :) both were great!

Their website has their menu :)

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Levy's Kosher of Hollywood: Kosher food at it's best :)

by kymbanm Written Mar 27, 2005

I've eaten kosher before, but never like this! The menu is more Israeli, w/ mediterranean delights served Kosher style. Hummus, falafel and schwarma - oh my!!!

I had to laugh as the counter staff reminded me of the 'soup nazi' from the Seinfeld show .... they are curt, knowledgeable and funny if you take them w/ a grain of salt - "you won't like that, order something else".

Favorite Dish: I had the schwarma pita sandwich, wich comes w/ a side of rice and beans ...... wonderful and tastey!

Querque Verde wanted a pic of himself w/ our food, but we ate it all before we remembered his request ... so here he is w/ our leavings ....... we pretty much ate our plates clean :)

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Grampa's Bakery and Restaurant: Pastry worth the stop :)

by kymbanm Written Mar 27, 2005

just a sample ....

How do you describe heaven??? My favorite thing from this place was the almond horn ..... great for dunking or alone ... ymmmmy. During our stay we also had breakfasts, lunches, and other pastries too .... a wonderful local place that's open 7 days a week.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

CLOSED: Antonio's Pizza and Italian Restaurant: Amazing Italian!

by kymbanm Updated Jan 15, 2009

mmmm, pizza ....

>I'm leaving this tip here for the memories .... sigh .... doug48 was kind enough to let me know this place closed about a year ago.

The best ever pizza and rolls! This is a local restaurant that's been around since 1978. The food is heavenly in general, and I have to say, their bread was so good I brought some of the rolls home for breakfast!

• doolemma's Profile Photo

The Rustic Inn: Crabs Galore

by doolemma Written Jun 14, 2004

Specializing in seafood and crabs. Famous for their garlic carbs. Food served on newpaper laden tables and in trays. The mallet is used for cracking the crabs and pounding on the wooden table to make noise. It gets very noisy when eveyone pounds the tables at the same time.

Favorite Dish: This is the crab sampler. It includes steamed crabs, garlic carb bodies, King crab, Queen crab, stone carb claws, and boiled potatos. Oh yes, there is a basket appetizer of alligator tail in the center. Great --very delicate taste when cooked correctly.

• doolemma's Profile Photo

BIG DADDY'S FLANNIGAN: Ribs to Perfection

by doolemma Written Jun 14, 2004

Baby Back Ribs

The ribs served here at Big Daddy's are as close to perfection as I think you can get. The meat won't fall off the bone but one bite will clear the bone completely. Extra (Hotter) sauce is available but really not necessary.

Favorite Dish: A Full rack of ribs with curly fries. (Sorry ,I have eaten some before I decided to photograph that rack.)

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Nikki Marina: Nikki Marina

by goingsolo Written Jun 24, 2005

Nikki Marina is an indoor and outdoor restaurant right across the street from the Westin Diplomat hotel. The marina area has an outdoor bar and a couple of shops which surround the large square right by the water. Its a pretty spot for lunch on a sunny day or to hang out in the evening.

The restaurant and bar is most known for its Thursday night bar scene, but the food is pretty good. It is a bit on the pricey side, but you get a nice atmosphere and view along with your meal. We went for lunch and the menu was mostly seafood, with some salads and sandwiches thrown in. The average entree is $15-$18 and its not a great deal of food. But the staff was friendly and the service was great. We were told that there is a Sunday brunch here which sounded interesting, but haven't been back to check it out.

Favorite Dish: The sashimi was fresh and delicious.

Nikki's Marina: A decent option at the Westin

Nikki's

Nikki's is located across from the Westin in the parking garage complex, along the waterway. It's a little more casual, as you do have the option to sit outside and watch the boats go by near a bar. The wait staff was quite friendly, but they were a little understaffed, as my waitress didn't come by as often as I expected. Seafood is the name of the game at Nikki's, and a lot of the dishes I saw go by looked quite tempting. I settled for the Lobster and Crab Ravioli - they were cooked properly and tasted great. There is a dessert menu, but there's a little Gelato shop next door that is worth saving some space for. I recommend sitting outside if the weather cooperates because it is relaxing to watch the action around the area. A fine choice if you're staying at the Westin.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Tutti Gelati: Dessert Time!

Tutti Gelati

Across the street from the Westin is this little "ice cream" shop that serves up Gleato and Sorbets along some quick dishes such as sandwiches and pizza. It's a great choice if you're hungry for a late night snack or dessert because it is open later in the evening after the gift shops close in the Westin. A small cup of Gelato or sorbet runs about $5, but some of the flavors are quite tasty. I tried the Watermelon (just OK) and the Tropical Fruits (knock your socks off tasty) sorbets. Worth your time when you're looking for a cold treat. Because of the location, it wasn't too crowded either.

The Cafe: Mediocre Italian

The Cafe

Located in the Westin Diplomat, I expected this to be everyday food, but for dinner, they serve an Italian menu. The ambience is fairly nice, it's quiet, dimly lit, and looks out onto the pool area of the resort. The waiters are attentive. You'll have a choice of $3 bottles of water to start, followed by a selection of breads and spreads. The menu is pretty diverse, with a lot of different types of Italian dishes. I went with a pasta with fresh tomatoes, basil, and shrimp.

While the food I had was pretty decent, I expected a lot more for the price I paid (about $30 after tip with only the bottle of water.) It simply fell short of my expectations. The Cafe is the most reasonably priced of the on-site restaurants, but the food doesn't justify the price they charge. Try Nikkis Marina across the street.

Sushi Thai on the Beach: Along the Boardwalk

Oh, yeah!

The name says it all! This little restaurant is on the southern end of the Boardwalk, and they serve a selection of Sushi dishes and Thai dishes. As you eat, you can look across the beach and take in the ocean view. I went here for lunch, and although it wasn't too crowded, I found the service to be on the slow side. I ordered Shrimp with Brocolli, which came with rice and a spring roll. All were done well, but the portion was on the small side. Which is OK, because the prices are fairly reasonable.

Note, be sure to feed the parking meters if you park near the boardwalk, because they patrol the area vigilantly!

• leafmcgowan's Profile Photo

Renegade Barbeque @ Seminole Hard Rock Hotel: Renegade Barbeque

by leafmcgowan Written Aug 22, 2005
    Renegade Barbeque

RENEGADE BARBEQUE
    Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino

Renegade Barbeque is Seminole run, family based, deluxe barbeque restaurant in the Seminole Plaza of the Hard Rock Hotel and Resort. With a Sampler menu offering great lunch specials for under $7 - I was in my glory. Service was good and the restaurant had its own charm amidst the Hard Rock commercialism of the Plaza. Good food and good times were had. Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

Favorite Dish: I ate the barbeque ribs sampler which were delicious.

• Casino and Gambling

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Las Brisas: Great Location and Good Food

by AlbuqRay Updated Oct 13, 2008
    Entrance and Patio

There is a variety of food at the Las Brisas Restaurant but its basically an Argentine steakhouse and an excellent one. It is right on the Broadwalk and has a beautiful view of the beach. There are both indoor and outdoor dining areas.

Favorite Dish: The Carmel Flan ($6.00) is to die for; it was one of the best flans I have ever had. The Fish Dorado lunch special for $12.95 was quite good too.

• Beaches
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Hollywood

Comments

Hollywood Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hollywood restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hollywood sightseeing.