Caribbee Key, Jacksonville

3.5 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

• HumblyServingChrist's Profile Photo

Caribbee Key: Tropical restaurant feels like the Caribbean!

by HumblyServingChrist Updated Jul 31, 2011

Caribbee Key

Inspired by the owners' trip to a Caribbean resort, this bright and colorful gem is a unique icon in the popular dining district of Beach Town Center. With windows that open completely to the sidewalk, tropical artwork on the walls, televisions showing surfing footage, a covered and enclosable open-air bar on the second floor and a spice shop stocked with bottled versions of the same Caribbean spices they use in their specialties, Caribbee Key is a culinary and sensory treat you won't want to miss!

• Caribbee Key / Sunny Caribbee: Fraudulently charged my credit card

by arc323 Written Aug 19, 2008

Oh my god I completely know what you mean. I was looking on here debating whether to post a comment. I saw yours and you are completely accurate. I was there last night and ran a bar tab. My drinks totaled 18.50 and I tipped the bartednder 10$ in cash. My card was authorized for a total of 72.20. I didn't get anywhere dealing with the GM, Kimberly Ennis. She would not let me talk and then hung up on me. When I called back infuriated feeling like I had been stolen from, the busboy answered and I told him what had happend. The gm then instructed her employee to hang up on me. I seriuously could not believe what was happening. I was told that she was the authority and the highest ranking person in the company. What a lie, John Brobato is the owner. He is worse than her. He proceeded to try and explain their policy and when I called with my bank on 3 way he refused my call. This is just the short version of the story, my bank recorded the call and my sister who is my attorney said that this is not acceptable. (gm said it's company policy to place holds like this. my friend was running a tab too and he did not have a hold on his card. A Jury would view this as discrimination. I don't have enough space to go into every detail but legally they would have to.)DiscriminationThey could have saved the headache and now they will have to pay their attorney to
    appear in court. I don't care if it gets thrown out. At least it will cost them the attorneys fees. I own two ad agencies and I plan to blast them in my publications. I might reprint your complaint too if it's ok. Thanks for listening;)

Favorite Dish: None

• Caribbe: Caribbean food in Jacksonville

by leftwich Written Jul 23, 2008

I was worried, at first, because of the name change but I quickly got over that. I was impressed by the quality of the food. The Jerk Chicken was awesome. After I got home, I dreamed about it all night. I am going back there again tomorrow night. The food is fresh and good quality. The caribbean style is fun and unique to Jacksonville, Florida. Caribbee Key rocks!

Check out the new ghost story book by Jacksonville author
    If One Only Looks: 85 Years of Ghost Stories
    Book.BigRedRabbit.com

Favorite Dish: Jerk Chicken

• Koko's Fleming Island: Koko's Fleming Island

by leftwich Written Jul 23, 2008

This restaurant has excellent food. The atmosphere is not as fancy as some of the new Japanese restaurants, but the food makes up for it. It is much better than the brand new Kan-Ki, just down the street. The prices are high in comparison to other types of restaurants, but average for Japanese style food. Expect to spend around $20 per person.

Check out the new ghost story book by Jacksonville author
    If One Only Looks: 85 Years of Ghost Stories
    ISBN: 1-60672-060-0
    Book.BigRedRabbit.com

Favorite Dish: Shrimp fried rice

• Fishing

• Caribe Key: Hardly a Catch...

by HeresTheDeal Written May 25, 2008

Never having actually eaten at Caribe Key I was excited to try it. The outdoor patio looked inviting and it seemed like a fun place to grab a causal dinner. The wait for a table of 7 wasn't more than 40 minutes, which was quickly passed in the bar upstairs. And the following wait of an additional 30 minutes to even receive the water from our waitress wasn't appreciated, but it was tolerated. However, waiting for an additional hour and a half (yes, 90 minutes) to receive our meals was absurd. The server didn't check on us nor did she reassure us that things were backed up. It wasn't until we asked to speak with the manager that our evening went from bad to unnecessarily terrible. The manager not only disagreed with us and called us liars when we explained that we had all been sitting at our table for over 2 hours and then proceeded to throw our checks onto the table because he "didn't want to waste our time." That was the deal breaker. Not to mention that when we asked to speak to the owner, he was even less helpful. A simple apology and a little understanding can go a long way...unfortunately for Dave and the owner, they still have a lot to learn.

In the words of Dave the Manager: "Don't waste your time"

I had reservations about posting this, but I thought about how poorly were all treated a few days ago and still felt compelled to let everyone know before they, too, wasted their time, money, and energy on this dive.

Favorite Dish: The nachos w/ (canned) salsa were stale. The quesadilla was average but room temperature.

• Maples01's Profile Photo

Caribbee Key ( they just changed the name Dec 04): Fun place to go...

by Maples01 Updated Jan 5, 2007

Mmmm fresh carribbean style food with flair. Fun rooftop bar to hang out at during those warm Summer nights..

Favorite Dish: Anything is great. Try the fish wrap, jerk chicken, or crabby dip...I LOVE the blackened Grouper or Mahi filet...so tasty and fresh! All food is fresh and great quality.

Instant Answers: Jacksonville