Know about this? Rate It!
St Johns River Madness
Lure Fishing on the ST Johns River Jacksonville, Fl.
Was lucky enough to do a spot of lure fishing during the summer months of 99 on the St Johns River. Right from the word go we were into large "jacks" which were nailing surface poppers and shallow diving plugs seconds after hitting the water. After only a couple of hours we had boated approx 50 fish between 3 people. a truly hectic mornings fishing. I would advise anyone who likes to throw lures to give this a go, as "Jacks", Drum, lady fish and blue fish will provide sport through out the summer months. Best if you can get a boat, but from the dock or Jetties will also produce quality fish.
Equipment: Medium spinning kit : 7-8 foot rod which will handle medium plus and 15-20Lb line.
Take an asortment of lures, plugs and poppers.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Jacksonville Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mogán Hotels
- Manzanillo del Mar Hotels
- Chambers Island Hotels
- Tumon Hotels
- Zabkowice Slaskie
- Naran Sports & Outdoors
- Bergamo Sports & Outdoors
- Sibenik Sports & Outdoors
- Burma Sports & Outdoors
- Ilha Grande Sports & Outdoors
- Porec Sports & Outdoors
- San Felipe Sports & Outdoors
- Gloucestershire Sports & Outdoors
- Ghana Sports & Outdoors
- Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Sports & Outdoors
- Province of Nova Scotia Sports & Outdoors
- Sopot Sports & Outdoors