Know about this? Rate It!
Home of professional golf's "fifth Major"
In addition to being renown as one of the best golfing vacation destinations in the country, Jacksonville is a major player in the professional golf circuit.
THE PLAYERS Championship (TPC) brings golf's top professional golfers to Ponte Vedra Beach every March to compete for the sport's largest purse. While the event is younger and perhaps lacking in some of the esteemed tradition of golf's four Majors, its prestige still earns it the nickname "fifth Major" in some professional golf circles.
The TPC Stadium Course at Sawgrass, site of the tournament, features the often photographed island green at the 17th hole, one of the attributes that has helped the course earn a great deal of respect from golf's finest players, including Tiger Woods.
During the weekdays in March when the TPC is held, many of the movers, shakers and wannabes of Jacksonville's corporate community skip the office for some mega networking, schmoozing and partying at the tournament and its related festivities.
- Luxury Travel
- Business Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Jacksonville Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dos Bocas Hotels
- Olympia Hotels
- Quinville Abbey Hotels
- Jimbaran Hotels
- Zanzibar Town
- Montelupo Fiorentino
- Cabo San Lucas Sports & Outdoors
- Khabarovsk Sports & Outdoors
- Lago di Como Sports & Outdoors
- Gulmarg Sports & Outdoors
- Olongapo City Sports & Outdoors
- Gloucestershire Sports & Outdoors
- Mountain Biking
- Horse Racing
- Porec Sports & Outdoors
- Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Sports & Outdoors