Jacksonville Beach Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach

Tsunami: Sushi and Sushami

by grandmaR Updated Feb 13, 2006

We went out to dinner in my sister and BILs car, so we wanted to go a place that we wouldn't walk to from the marina.

Bob was so tired I thought he might fall asleep at the table (he still hadn't caught up on sleep from the 27 hours offshore) and I was also tired.

My sister apparently did a piece for the paper where she works where she and my BIL ate at 6 different Japanese restaurants in 7 days, so they were able to help us with what to order. My BIL paid the bill so the satisfaction level is his - he was ecstatic about this restaurant.

Lunch M-F11:30-2 Sat/Sun 12:30-3:30
    Dinner Sun-Thurs 5 pm to 10 pm.
    Dinner Friday and Saturday 5 pm to 11 pm.

Favorite Dish: I had a seaweed salad, which wasn't quite what I expected (green stuff on the left) and I never could eat it, sweet potato tempora (which was good, but a little greasy tasting when cold- the right inset) and steak Kushyuki which was on skewers (photo 4). Bob had the steak also.

My BIL had the 16 piece of fish sushimi dinner (photos 5 and 3) with miso soup and my sister had 6 piece sushi appetizer which included white tuna, red tuna, salmon, shrimp, yellowtail and snapper. She also had the sunomono salad which had conch, octopus, crab, shrimp and cucumber in vinegar (photo 2).

Bob and I took most of our steak back to the boat. The bill that my BIL paid was $72.10

Restaurant, sweet potatoes (left) & seaweed salad Sunomono salad Part of Brother-in-laws dinner Steak on skewers Other part of Brother-In-Law's dinner

• HumblyServingChrist's Profile Photo

Salt Life Food Shack: Experience the "Salt Life" atmosphere

by HumblyServingChrist Written Jul 24, 2011

Salt Life Food Shack

This restaurant in Jacksonville Beach is inspired by the coastal lifestyle embodied by the Jacksonville Beach-born clothing and bumper sticker phenomenon known as "Salt Life." If you like the beach, surfing, fishing, or boating, be sure to check this place out. It is not a "shack" but rather a casual but hip restaurant with a large salt water aquarium inside.

Salt Life Food Shack, Jacksonville Beach Salt Life Food Shack, Jacksonville Beach Salt Life Food Shack, Jacksonville Beach Salt Life Food Shack, Jacksonville Beach Salt Life Food Shack, Jacksonville Beach
    • Beaches
    • Surfing

Billy's Boathouse Grille: Next to the McCormick Bridge

by grandmaR Updated Dec 10, 2005

Favorite Dish: Bob had a coconut shrimp basket, and my sister had a grilled snapper sandwich and I had a chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon. My sister also had three appetizer crab cakes which she didn't care for as they were fried. The sauce was good though.

On the way back in the spring, Bob had a hamburger and I had the surf and turf which gave me a choice of several items for the surf part and I picked swordfish. I also had a creme brulee for dessert. After dinner I walked up to the bridge so I could get a better view of the area.

My surf and turf Sign and exterior view Bob's hamburger Creme Brulee Interior
    • Fishing
    • Sailing and Boating

• spartan's Profile Photo

Hooters of Jacksonville Beach: Go for the wings, check out the babes!!!

by spartan Updated May 9, 2003

Looking for great food, awesome atmosphere and lots of fun? Then head on over to Hooters at Jacksonville Beach. They've got seafood, wings and a whole lot more. Nice place to watch sports, eat food and look at the women...lol

Favorite Dish: Do you really have to ask...Hooter's Chicken Wings (10, 20 or 50 pieces....Mild, Medium, Hot or 3 Mile Island Sauces) with blue cheese dressing & Celery.

• Beer Tasting

Cyclone Anaya's Tex-Mex Cantina: Mexican food on the beach

by spartan Updated May 12, 2003

Maybe it's because there aren't many Mexican restaurants in the area, but this place was hopping. Luckily, we got there in between the rush and found a table within minutes. The atmosphere is happy and a little noisy but sill lots of fun. You do get a lot of food for your money.

Favorite Dish: Any mexican platter

• spartan's Profile Photo

Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q: Finger licking good!!!

by spartan Updated May 12, 2003

Sonny's Bar-B-Q bastes choice cuts of beef, pork, chicken, and ribs, then smokes them slowly over a hardwood fire. All meals are served up fast and friendly, with all the fixin's...yummy, yummy, yummy!!!

Favorite Dish: Try the Bar-B-Q Ribs Dinner Plate served with french fries (or baked potato), coleslaw, and garlic bread.

Outback Steakhouse: No rules...Just right

by spartan Updated May 12, 2003

Yes this is a chain restaurant, but the food is always good (very consistent from store-to-store) and there is a wide variety of choices.

Favorite Dish: Your choice of the Rockhampton Rib-Eye (a 14-ounce rib-eye steak) or the Ayers Rock Strip (a 14-ounce New York Strip) with salad, bread and baked potato (you can also choose veggies or rice).

Lighthouse Grille: Aim for the Lighthouse

by grandmaR Written Feb 24, 2004

We did not go to this restaurant as we thought we'd take the opportunty to eat somewhere we couldn't walk to. We also bypassed the Homestead restaurant which we saw from the road and which appears popular.

Sunset with lighthouse in distance & inset
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Jacksonville Beach

Comments

Jacksonville Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jacksonville Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jacksonville Beach sightseeing.

View all Jacksonville Beach hotels