Jupiter Warnings and Dangers

Open gate to military exchange
    Sign with Coast Guard rules
    Gates padlocked

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Jupiter

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Escort Required

by grandmaR Updated Apr 10, 2011

You MUST go with a guide onto the lighthouse grounds. You are not allowed to wander around at will. This is a Coast Guard rule (photo 3 which says "Lighthouse Visitors are not permitted to walk back without an escort. Please wait here for a tour guide")

By road, the lighthouse is really hard to find. Even with directions. I could find it on the chart and I could find it on a map, but I wasn't sure how to actually get there. I was pretty sure it was near US A1A which goes up along the barrier islands east of the ICW, so for awhile, we drove up the coast and looked at the Palm Beach mansions. I followed the directions that I had in the computer, and we got to a parking lot which was on the road where the lighthouse sites said the lighthouse was. (photo 5)

Located in Lighthouse Park, 500 Capt Armour's Way (Beach Rd & US Hwy 1).
    From I-95, exit Indiantown Rd east, turn left/north at US Hwy 1.
    Turn right/east at Beach Rd. Turn right into Lighthouse Park.

At first I thought the lighthouse was closed - all the gates were padlocked. But it turns out that you have to get a ticket from the museum, and the museum entrance is not obvious. You can't tour just the lighthouse - you have to get the ticket to the museum too.

Jupiter Inlet
    Lighthouse & Museum
    $9 for adults, $5 children ages 6-18, 5 & under free. Admission includes Museum exhibits and Lighthouse Tour. Last lighthouse tour at 4pm

Gates padlocked Drawbridge signal Sign with Coast Guard rules Open gate to military exchange Lighthouse from the parking lot
    • Museum Visits
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Architecture

• Bad detours

by Hoosierustraveler Updated Mar 25, 2006

Trveling west on 726...came within about 2 blocks of the interstate (I95) and local police routing traffic north and south...into housing developments!!!!!!!! Over 1-1/2 hours, yes HOURS, LATER, we and dozens of other frustrated tourists were able to find a marked highway. Why in the world a detour was not set up blocks back and properly routed onto a marked highway was beyond all of us who spent all that time driving around, stopping to ask people walking dogs, mail people delivering mail and even the one filling station we stumbled upon where in the world we were. Some highway signs were missing which complicated the problems and a lot of the street signs in the housing development)s) were turned the wrong way!! This is a place we do not intend to ever visit again.We never did find out what had caused the highway to be closed.

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Jupiter

Comments

Jupiter Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Jupiter warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jupiter sightseeing.