Key Largo Restaurants

Outside sign
    by 807Wheaton

Best Rated Restaurants in Key Largo

• MaosRedArmy's Profile Photo

Harriette's Restaurant: The best old-school breakfast in the Keys.......

by MaosRedArmy Updated Feb 27, 2004

Mmmmmmm.... Fresh Biscuits.

Harriette's is an old-school, greasy spoon serving up home-cooked meals all day, but I can't drive to Key West without first stopping here for breakfast, no matter what time of day it is.

On my last trip, I deviated from the usual eggs and bacon, etc. and tried the Crab Cakes Benedict and they are OUT OF THIS WORLD. I also tried the Conch Fritters, which were also delicious.

And even before our meal was served, two piping hot biscuits were placed on our table. Although I am not a big biscuit person, I slapped on some butter and jelly and pretty much inhaled it in less than a minute or so. It was that damn good.

If you are driving to down the Keys, stop at Harriette's and fill up your gullet. And you can thank me when you get back.

Favorite Dish: Crab Cakes Benedict. Woooooo doggy.
    The Biscuits - once you try one, you'll know what I'm talkin' about.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Perry's of Key Largo: Good food on Key Largo

by tpangelinan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Key Largo Restaurant

This was a really nice restaurant, good food and service. The food is piled on here, so bring your appetite. Down here in the Keys you really don't want any left overs or doggie bag, due to how HOT it is and it may spoil. So order what you can eat. There are lots of things on the menu to choose from.

Open
    Sunday Thru Thursday 11:00AM - 10:00PM
    Saterday & Sunday 11:00AM - 11:00PM

Catering & Banquet Room Available

• Luxury Travel

• Snapper's Waterfront Saloon & Raw Bar: Best Seafood I've Ever Eaten

by chappleg Updated Apr 4, 2011

I'm not kidding. I've had a lot of seafood in my time, but this is the best that I've ever eaten. This place is located on the water, with indoor and outdoor seating. In addition, It has a large outdoor tiki hut-like bar with live entertainment. At the inside bar you will find a couple TVs for your favorite sporting events and a huge stretching aquarium to watch exotic fish and get into the caribbean feel.

Favorite Dish: I had the special of the day. It was a grouper fillet, topped with a jumbo lump crabcake which was then topped with several jumbo grilled shrimp, all covered with some type of hollandaise sauce. Best grouper I've ever had, Best crabcake I've ever had, and I wanted to drink the sauce with a straw. My wife claimed her Mahi was equally as delicious every time I paused to exclaim how wonderful the last bite was!

• Picci's Restaraunt: Mediteranean in the Keys

by daclozer Written Oct 16, 2006

This wonderful little place is kind of hidden away on the oceanside on overseas hwy approx mile marker 95ish. It is small, but very comfortable and the food is incredible. You will want to call in or stop by there for reservations as there are only a handful of tables. All my g=family can talk about when we are not on vacation is going back to the keys and eating at Picci's

Favorite Dish: Stuffed chicken breast with mango and danish cheeses... It is the best dish I have ever tasted anywhere... THey also have a great wine list

• Wine Tasting

• Snappers Waterfront Raw Bar and Grille: Wonderful good!

by cherylrf Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel where we stayed. What a great place. You could eat at the water or inside where the AC was doing it's job. Very family oriented and casual but VERY good. Seafood was very fresh and drinks were very refreshing. I had my first Mojito and it will not be my last. I had a seafood platter and my husband had a seafood stew. YUMMMMMMMM

• rafgys's Profile Photo

Key Largo Coffee House: A great place to have dinner before heading back!

by rafgys Updated Jul 16, 2006

It's a beautiful place... like a house next to the highway, with a very big garden where at night they light a bunch of torches all over the place. Quite romantic!

Favorite Dish: When I dined out there I had their special, which was a Tuna Curryaki... delicious! A big tuna fillet topped with strawberries and pineapple mixed with their curryaki sauce (something like half curry and half terriyaki), plus mix green salad and rice on the side.

And if that wasn't enough... the local beer is great: Key West Florida Ale!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Sundowners: Sundowners

by goingsolo Written Feb 26, 2005

Sundowners is one of my favorite stops after a day of boating and/or diving. Its a casual restaurant right on the water. I'm not sure if shorts or shoes are even required here. Well, maybe the former, but many people arrive here right off the boat so its definitely "come as you are" casual.

The food here is sandwiches,seafood and steak. Its prepared simply, its inexpensive and its great. Sundowners is also a great place to watch the sunset since its located right on the water facing west.

• School Holidays

• doug48's Profile Photo

hobo's cafe: keys style

by doug48 Written Nov 1, 2008

hobo's cafe

hobo's cafe is a very good restaurant and bar in key largo. the specialize in local seafood but also offer steaks and poultry. the decor is relaxed keys style and they have a nice bar. a good moderately priced restaurant in key largo.

• Fishing

• Snappers: The food was good

by Vacation_obsessed Written Jan 23, 2006

We were seated outside in a spot were the waitress had to go past us numerous times. We had satisfactory but not excellent service. I asked if it was happy hour and was told I had to be at the bar for happy hr. It seemed like either locals, people who vacation there often, or had been there awhile at the bar. So I paid 7.50 for a bahama mamma 8 ozs at the very most. Our food was excellant. We had shrimp alfredo, Ribs, chicken alfredo and I am guessing my daughter had a chicken sandwich of some sort. I can't quite remember. It was very busy place. I guess I should of told them it was our 25th ann. maybe they would of treated us as good as some of the other people there. But I should repeat our food was VERY GOOD!

Favorite Dish: My husband said the ribs were great. My son is not a big seefood eater. But he had the when in Rome attitude and tryed the shrimp alfredo. I ate some and it was very good.

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

Copper Kettle Restaraunt: Great local food!

by tatyanap Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Copper Kettle Restaurant

Although it looks slightly shabby from outside, it is very clean and nicely furnished inside. Great old-fashioned service, too!

This restaurant offers Cajun chicken, Hawaiian ham, and cottage pie among other dishes that mixes European with Caribbean flavors.

Tropical outdoor seating is available.

Breakfast is served on Sundays until 2:00pm.

Favorite Dish: Fish & Chips $ 7.95

Breaded in Japenese breadcrumbs, deep fried and served with fries and malt vinegar.

Usually, I am not a fish & chips type. However, they looked so good on somebody's else plate that I couldn't resist!

Check their website for more choices.

• School Holidays

• Hobo's: Great Seafood in a Laid Back Atmosphere.

by lou2200 Written Jul 28, 2003

Great fresh seafood at this place. For around $10.00, you can get fresh yellowtail, dolphin, grouper, clams, tuna, or whatever is fresh that day. All this in a sports bar type setting.

Favorite Dish: Baked Dolphin Sandwich.
    Baked dolphin fillet with sauteed mushrooms and the house specialty sauce on a kaiser roll. A+

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Mrs. Mac's Kitchen: Best shrimp basket I've ever had!

by 807Wheaton Updated Nov 11, 2011

Outside eating area

We had a two night stay in Key Largo for some snorkeling so our first night we ate at Mrs. Mac's Kitchen. They offered a regular shrimp basket or Cajun Shrimp Basket which was a bit spicy. My .husband got regular and I got the Cajun and we shared it. I guess this is the first time I've had really fresh shrimp because it was the most delicious I've ever tasted. The slaw was good and the potatoes were small and round and fried.
    You can eat inside or outside here. We ate outside because it was a pleasant evening and the air conditioning inside was a bit cold. There was a greeter waiting for each party that came in from the parking lot.
    Our server was very attentive and friendly - and did a good job remembering everything. This is a very busy place; we had trouble finding a parking place, which is a good tip off, right?

Favorite Dish: I loved the Cajun Spicy Shrimp Basket.

• Eco-Tourism

• The Big Chill: The new Big Chill is awesome!

by jillcampbell06 Written Sep 16, 2008

I went and checked out the new Big Chill and was very pleased. The view is unbelievable. The menu offers a wide selection of choices, everything from casual appetizers to elegant dinners, and the prices show no reflection of their amazing location. They also have so much variety, indoor and outdoor waterfront dining, tiki bar poolside luau parties, sushi bar, sports bar, full liquor bar, live entertainment, dock and boat service...they really didn't skip any corners!!! A must see! The old Italian Fisherman,mm104 in Key Largo.

Favorite Dish: Prime Rib Wrap was great!

• Beaches
    • Singles

• Babzz's Profile Photo

Coconuts Restaurant & Night Club: Not the best, not the worst

by Babzz Updated Jun 15, 2008

Mostly seafood options. Nice setting, service was good. Food was average: not bad, but nothing exceptional, though my parents went twice. Maybe it was the discount coupon from their hotel??

Favorite Dish: I had the catch of the day mahi mahi. The fish itself was nicely done and moist, but the side vergetables were disappointing. The ceviche was decent, though spicy and not juicy enough.

• Homanded's Profile Photo

SNAPPERS: Sea Side restaurant & saloon

by Homanded Written Sep 2, 2011

Fantastic ambiance and fresh food. Fantastic for Lunch or Brunch and equally good for dinner.
    There are Tarpon in the marina which one can feed.

Weather permitting, dine outside. Also fantastic for a quick stop over for a simple appetizer and a cold drink either on way or returning from Key West

Favorite Dish: Appetizers:

Original Fish Sandwich

Main Course dinner menu:

Lobster in Key Lime butter
    Thai Seared Tuna

I've not had brunch there but their menu looks amazing.

Instant Answers: Key Largo

Comments

Key Largo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Key Largo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Key Largo sightseeing.