Key Largo Warnings and Dangers

• Warnings and Dangers
    by Pavlik_NL

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Key Largo

• Bookin's Profile Photo

"Stay Away, Far, Far Away from this Hotel...

by Bookin Written Jul 28, 2013

Re: Billing Dispute, Booking.com / Bayside Inn, Key Largo, Florida

This is what I wrote to Booking.com and Bayside Inn management:“No refund from Booking.com” My complaint is Booking.com is doing nothing to resolve this problem with The hotel we booked thru them, i.e. Bayside Inn, Key Largo, Florida. Booking.com expects me to have taken pictures of what I say or to show them proof of what our room was like in some way… to continue my clam against Bayside Inn, Key Largo, Florida. (Unbelievable) We will never pay for any hotel room in advance again.

“This is what I wrote to Booking.com and Bayside Inn’s management:

The Bayside Inn located at 99490 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, Florida is a dump to say anything else is not telling you the truth! “We know you have never had anyone from your staff look into this so called Hotel because it is not a 3 star Hotel by far as your web site suggests; it is not more than a 1 star Hotel, if that! An out-and-out disappointment!

This Hotel is falsely depicting everything (scam) you are showing on Booking.com’s web site! If anyone likes this Hotel they are erroneously padding their comments.

This is what we found just inside our room 3rd floor #307…Dirt on the floors, mold in the light fixtures, the air conditioner that had never been cleaned or serviced the filter dirty…mold smell coming from the a/c unit, light fixtures missing, mini refrigerator smelling 3 inches of ice inside with rotted food stuck in the ice, room windows that didn’t open, unbelievably dirty screens and window glass, shutter over the windows that didn’t open or where broken…you couldn’t open them, paid for a “Garden View” that was nonexistent no view at all felt like we were in prison, trees covered the window view from what we could make out, front desk clerks that wouldn’t give us a receipt or they would not answer our phone calls, when they did the front desk put our calls on hold forever and we were told to leave a message that we left over and over again, strong smell coming from the garbage cans outside the rooms, elevator smell and was dirty, wifi never worked was told by the help that the wifi never works at this hotel, etc., etc., etc.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Traffic Issues

by cjg1 Written Feb 2, 2009

The Florida Scenic Highway is only two lanes (one going North, One South) for a long stretch of road, in some spots it opens up to two lanes. It's important to watch the car in front of you. Many people brake suddenly or decide last minute to turn off for a secenic view. I can understand why there has been so many accidents on this stretch of road...people just are not observant and think when they drive.

W also had some speeders that were quite anoying. It's one lane.....just relax and enjoy the ride.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

What's this? Is it a shark?...

by Pavlik_NL Written Sep 8, 2002

What's this? Is it a shark? ... no ... Is it a Octopus? ... well, no ... Is it a seecow (manatee)? ... hmm, it looks like it, but ... no!
    Oh, jeeh, now I recognise ... eeks, it's me.

The only thing I would like to say is that with diving and other 'risky' sports, Americans make a big circus about responsibility. This because in court the amounts of money that one can be sewed for are cosmic. Therefor one sometimes has to sign a contract first, which does not mean that one goes willingly into hazardous situations.

• dila's Profile Photo

swimming with dolphins

by dila Written Mar 14, 2003

dolphins

if you want to swim with dolphins at the dolphin research centre make a reservation.
    because a lot of people want to swim with dolphins there is only place for a few.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Key Largo

Comments

Key Largo Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Key Largo warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Key Largo sightseeing.