Beach, Key West

Know about this? Rate It!

by tpangelinan
    Eat right on the beach, just clean up!
    Great pier

Emma Carrero Cates Pier at South Beach

by tpangelinan Written May 19, 2003

Great pier

Favorite thing: Named in honor of Emma, by City Key West
    in 1987, for her tireless efforts and dedication to renourshment and preservation of Key West Beaches. She was instrumental in saving South Beach & Smathers Beach.

We thank you Emma for your vision of the future, and saving the beaches for future generations to enjoy.

Fondest memory: Riding our bikes from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico! Yea baby, yea!

• Cycling

• d6676's Profile Photo

Drive down to the Keys and...

by d6676 Updated Sep 7, 2002

Favorite thing: Drive down to the Keys and stop by the George Smathers Beach.

Fondest memory: I don't believe it was my 'fondest' memory, but on the way to the keys at 4 am we were all pretty tired. So when we stopped by this beach, we fell asleep under a cloudy sky but woke up 3 hours later to the blazing sun. Once again (referring to my mexico page) NO sunblock. I think I turned purple that day.

• d6676's Profile Photo

d6676's General Tip

by d6676 Written Sep 7, 2002

Fondest memory: Driving the four hours to the Keys was definitely fun. Only because I normally don't drive here in New York (I'm usually driven...lol). My friend Sharon was a great passenger/navigator. She stayed awake the whole time (on the way home I fell asleep on her!!!) This picture was taken before we fell asleep so we weren't in pain yet...

by tpangelinan Updated Oct 26, 2003

Simonton Beach

Favorite thing: Small, and usually found a few homeless people there. They didn't bother us, but we didn't stay long. Very clean beach but not much room and 2 palms trees

• Cycling

A cheap date!

by tpangelinan Updated May 20, 2003

Eat right on the beach, just clean up!

Favorite thing: Go grab lunch at Smathers Beach Vendors. We had chili dogs, fries, and Strawberry-Banana Slushies, and went and sat under a coconut tree on a blanket and had a picnic. Excellent.

• Beaches

• relax at one of the beaches in...

by dalestar Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: relax at one of the beaches in Key West.

Fondest memory: Watching the sunsets from our balcony. This was taken from the balcony of Ernest Hemingway's Home.

Instant Answers: Key West