Know about this? Rate It!
Biz Baz (the BIzarre Bazaar)
Favorite thing: This is the morning swap meet on the Key West FM radio (104 FM - Route One Radio) . First you get the morning news - each morning a different segment. Monday is usually the Coast Guard (all the drug traffic they've stopped and illegal aliens intercepted), and other days are the Chamber of Commerce, the Mayor, the school board etc. The rest of the morning is devoted to call in sale ads. It's a hoot and gives you a real idea of the local community outside of the tourist area.
Fondest memory: The radio and the newspapers this year are discussing the two big problems in Key West.
1) There are too many RVs and not enough parking places so RVers are parking on the street and in shopping center parking lots, thus tying up traffic even more than normal.
2) The free range roosters are crowing in the morning waking everyone up and the chickens make a lot of noise and mess. The city has actually hired a chicken catcher.
- Family Travel
- Budget Travel
- Arts and Culture
Welcome to the city of Strife
Favorite thing: Key West: where the locals are engaged in an ever lasting class warfare. The "Snowbird" Locals resent the "Trailer" Locals. The "Trailer" locals resent the "Suburb" Locals. WHY?
The trailer locals are typicaly low income residents who perform in service positions. They generally complain that other locals refuse to give them the "locals" discount and that everything is way to expensive. The suburb locals resent the trailer locals for overpopulating the island and increasing service fees. The snowbird locals live in New York for the summer, and appear in their Million dollar homes only in the winter months. They resent the tourists for being drunk, the suburb locals for not keeping the island clean while they are gone, and the trailer locals for existing. Check out the drama everyday at http://www.keysnews.com.
Click on "Citizens Voice".
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Key West Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Giv`at Olga Hotels
- Badlapur Hotels
- Bagan Luar Hotels
- Key Largo
- New Caledonia
- Ile de Jerba
- Lake Corpus Christi State Park Hotels